Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes > Forum Games
Donate! Join Today

Forum Games You know those games, link the song, word thread, eat the hedgehog... Well this is a place just for them. Just to keep them a little seperate from the rest of anything goes.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2005, 21:39   #1111
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!
Re: Pop Quiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
First song Phil collins ever sang professionally? with the song being released as a song on an album...???
"Lying Crying Dying" if you wanted the album I couldn't find the answer perhaps you could tell me.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-05-2005, 22:21   #1112
Senior Member+

"More fool me" of the album "Selling England by the pound" by Genesis of course.... was his first pro song

Google will not tell you that answer Bagpuss
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 22:25   #1113
Accy Red

Quote:
"More fool me" of the album "Selling England by the pound" by Genesis of course.... was his first pro song

Google will not tell you that answer Bagpuss
Come on it's not an every day question, I always try to answer from my own knowledge first but yes I had to look this one up, as no one got it it's your turn again.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 08-05-2005, 22:33   #1114
Senior Member+

OK I know I am no pop ghuru........ but know bits and bats.

Easy one................"Love like blood" name the artist??

My first record bought........ TOP tune
Old 08-05-2005, 22:34   #1115
Accy Red

But he did sing "For Absent Friends" on the "Nursery Cryme" LP which was before "Selling England by the pound" but you knew that of course.

Old 08-05-2005, 22:35   #1116
Accy Red

Killing Joke, I was a fan.

Old 08-05-2005, 22:37   #1117
Senior Member+

No I did not know that.... from interviews and articles I have read over the years have always stated that "more fool me" was his first.... where does it say otherwise???

Always thought gabriel sang "absent friends".......?
Old 08-05-2005, 22:39   #1118
Accy Red

You will have to search this, what is the girl singers name from "Deep Dish" recently in the charts with "Flashdance"?

Old 09-05-2005, 20:43   #1119
Accy Red

Quote:
No I did not know that.... from interviews and articles I have read over the years have always stated that "more fool me" was his first.... where does it say otherwise???

Always thought gabriel sang "absent friends".......?
I have been assured by a big Genesis fan that Phil Collins sang the vocals for "Absent Friends".

I got this from an Amazon review "but I have to admit that I do like "For Absent Friends." I look upon it as a way of cooling down after the mind-blowing experience of the first track, and Phil Collins's vocals have a quality that is more organic than his later vocal work".

I also found this "For Absent Friends" features Collins on vocals, with acoustic guitars, very folky sounding.

Old 12-05-2005, 14:37   #1120
Give, give, give member

What was the title of Lyndsey de Paul and Mike Moran's 1977 Eurovision entry, which came second [we was robbed]?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 20:03   #1121
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
You will have to search this, what is the girl singers name from "Deep Dish" recently in the charts with "Flashdance"?
Too difficult?
Answer = American vocalist Anousheh Khalili

Old 12-05-2005, 20:05   #1122
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
What was the title of Lyndsey de Paul and Mike Moran's 1977 Eurovision entry, which came second [we was robbed]?
"Rock Bottom" and it was awful.

Old 12-05-2005, 20:10   #1123
Accy Red

Who sang "I was born with a smile on my face" ?

Old 12-05-2005, 23:58   #1124
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
Who sang "I was born with a smile on my face" ?
- Stephanie de Sykes.

The mole on Lyndsey de Paul's cheek was good on backing vocals though!!

Q- Which soap did Jilted John appear in?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2005, 16:52   #1125
Senior Member+

Grange Hill.............???? Just a funny thing in my head said that was it......"What do you mean you are a brain??? shut up fool ".

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..