Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Community Talk (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f127/)
-   -   is this true ? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f127/is-this-true-59426.html)

walkinman221 03-10-2011 21:45

Re: is this true ?

I thought it helped discharge static to earth and so help prevent car sickness, having said that blackburn is the nations capitol for crash for cash incidents that is true.

garinda 03-10-2011 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkinman221 (Post 937718)
You may get more than you bargain for if you put that on your car rindy, especially in certain parts of manchester:D:D

I'll line 'em up. you tap 'em in the net.

;):D

walkinman221 03-10-2011 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 937723)
I'll line 'em up. you tap 'em in the net.

;):D

Oki koki will do keep em coming:D:D

garinda 03-10-2011 21:59

Nope, done a search, and can't find anything about people, of whatever nationality, driving sround in cars that are marked to alert others that they are willing to take part in fake crashes/fraudulent insurance scams.

Of course these crashes happen, and they have been many prosecutions, but I can find no evidence that they have marked cars, inviting others to involve themselves in a crime.

garinda 03-10-2011 22:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by sausage butty (Post 937707)
The guy who told me picks uo cars after crashes and he rekons its widespread

If the sign alerting others is still attatched to the car, when it's picked up by the tow truck after the 'crash', you'd have thought the police who have to be called when there's a traffic incident, might have noticed this trend too.

Thus invalidating any insurance claim.

As a scam it seems very flawed.

If blokes in garages are discussing the ruse, I doubt it's been devised by a criminal mastermind.

At least not a very successful one.

:rolleyes:

garinda 03-10-2011 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 937714)
One day last summer I nipped out in my slippers to buy eggs from the allotment next to my flat.
On the car park which I had to cross were 3 men, two vans and a car.
An asian man was taking photographs of bodywork damage on the vans.
It was clear to me that the damage had not happened there, but the vehicles were gathered in this remote location for the purpose of taking photos.
When they noticed me looking as I passed the asian made an abusive remark to me, to the effect that I should mind my own business.

The remark was intended to intimidate me, and would not have been said if they were acting legally.
I have no doubt that car damage insurance fraud is happening locally.

You could have disturbed doggers, and perhaps the infamy you gained, of you being the 'dog poo woman' made them uneasy in your presence.

sausage butty 03-10-2011 22:12

Good point but i cannot think of a logical alternative

MargaretR 03-10-2011 22:13

Insurance fraud is a lucrative business - just look at how much money was made here
Burnley brothers jailed for pocketing nearly £2m in 'crash for cash scam (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Looks like the chap pictured has had lots of holidays in the sun ;)

garinda 03-10-2011 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 937732)
Insurance fraud is a lucrative business - just look at how much money was made here
Burnley brothers jailed for pocketing nearly £2m in 'crash for cash scam (From Lancashire Telegraph)

...and no 'chap' who hasn't had a 'lot of holidays in the sun', has never been convicted of faked crash insurance fraud in the U.K.?

If you're hatching a conspiracy theory with a racist angle, at least have the courage to be open about it, and don't hide behind pathetic metaphors.

Tealeaf 03-10-2011 22:29

Well, if it is true it amounts to conspiracy to defraud on a massive scale.

The alternative explanation is it could be an Islamic good luck charm - the equivalent of a pair of furry dice hanging from the windscreen. Or it could mean 'The driver of this car is Gay'. Or what about 'The driver of this car didn't really pass his test - he got his mate to do it. So watch out.'

Who knows?

garinda 03-10-2011 22:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 937732)

As evidence to a discussion, that has to rate as one of the worst links ever posted on Accy Web.

It's like putting the address of a website featuring the case of Myra Hindley, graspingly doing so in the vain hope it somehow infers all women are child abusing monsters.

Disgraceful.

Michael1954 03-10-2011 22:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by sausage butty (Post 937716)
I didnt say it was true i was trying to findout why lots of people for no apparent reason would have black material tied to the towbar.

Well why don't you go and ask one of them why they have black material tied to their towbar?

garinda 03-10-2011 23:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael1954 (Post 937741)
Well why don't you go and ask one of them why they have black material tied to their towbar?

I don't think there's anything wrong, with asking others if they've heard the same tale.

As it seems we haven't.

Though later contributions from others, seem to sickeningly have their own agenda.

Neil 04-10-2011 00:43

This is the second thing today that has convinced me we need ID cards in this country to prove who we are and they need a fool proof way of identifying a person so multiple claims will instantly stand out.

The second was watching Motorway Cops on BBC1 which had a fella lying about who he was by trying to be his brother because he had no insurance but his brother did.

entwisi 04-10-2011 06:41

The black cloth strip is to do with Islam, something about warding away evil spirits. I have a few good friends who are Muslim and they have confirmed it.