Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-09-2006, 12:08   #1

Disc Parking Scrapped??

We had visitors at the weekend from out of town and decided to have a quick smooch in Accy Centre. We went in their car and forgot to get the green disc out of my car. So I got them to stay with the car (so as not to get a ticket) while we went off in search for a green disc in the Arndale Centre. No green discs in sight so we asked one of the security guards who said that they arent doing them anymore.

He said as you drive into the Arndale it takes your photograph and if you are parked for more than three hours you will automatically get a fine (I assume sent to your home).

I think this is a good idea, as it is a pain when you realise you've forgotten the disc.

However, I think it would be a good idea to let people know! I do get the Observer every week, and read it usually cover to cover. I know they were thinking of scraping the disc parking, but I didnt think it had been en-forced yet?

Also, most of the cars were all displaying discs and I didnt see any signs to say that disc parking was no more. Have I been mis-led or is this now the case?
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-09-2006, 14:53   #2
God Member

Re: Disc Parking Scrapped??

I usually park on the car park behind Union St, they have changed the signs there, same time limits but doesn't mention the disks anymore, I'll keep using mine for now, you know what these parking attendants are like round here!

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2006, 19:49   #3
Senior Member+

i hope you dont need a disc anymore, i think people are too scared too get rid of them just in case
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2006, 20:55   #4
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

You could park all day on the top floor, has that changed as well?
Old 23-09-2006, 15:42   #5

No idea Neil, like I say there is nothing to say things have changed whatsoever. The signs are still there that say it is a disc-parking scheme, yet that Security Guard said it was no more. Was in town today back in my own car, didnt feel confident not to use my disc.
Old 24-09-2006, 13:18   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisser
No idea Neil, like I say there is nothing to say things have changed whatsoever. The signs are still there that say it is a disc-parking scheme, yet that Security Guard said it was no more. Was in town today back in my own car, didnt feel confident not to use my disc.
It was in yesterday's telegraph that it has been scrapped!! I quite liked it myself.

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2006, 14:55   #7
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Typical backward move. Us shoppers will have to drive round and round trying to park after all the town's workforce move back to the Arndale car park. Thats why the disc scheme was started as far as I remember.
Old 25-09-2006, 06:57   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Typical backward move. Us shoppers will have to drive round and round trying to park after all the town's workforce move back to the Arndale car park. Thats why the disc scheme was started as far as I remember.
Hi Neil, you can still only park for 3 hours tops - they take your picture as you enter the Arndale and if you overstay the welcome you'll automatically get a fine. I assume parking on the 5th floor will be the same where you can park all day, but how they will know youre on the fifth floor I have no idea! Like I say, some information would have been a good idea.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..