Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-10-2008, 08:54   #1
Senior Member+

Peel House dr's

Their phones arent working properly..

I was trying to get through all day yesterday and it either rang and rang or was engaged (usually you're connected to an automated thingy) ive been down today and theres a sign saying theirs a fault and they are trying to fix it.

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-10-2008, 09:52   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: Peel House dr's

There was a fault with the computer system last time I was in. That fast track booking thingy wasn't working.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2008, 10:13   #3
Resting in Peace

To me this booking system is a load of rubbish, you can just imagine can't you. "Hello, can I make an appointment to see Dr. --------" Yes can you come in at 10-20am a week next pancake Tuesday" I'm ill today not 17 days time". Luckily my Dr does't have an appointments system, but when I live in Hassy my Dr. there did, If I ever rang for an appointment, and they told me it would be a few days before I could see him, I just said ah well I'd better have an house call then, I'm ill now not Friday, somehow they always seemed to be able to just squeeze me in
Old 14-10-2008, 10:16   #4
God Member

I visit that other medical monolith Acorn House every 4 months for chiropody.

It is an empty expensive space where I sit and wait alone, except for a receptionist who is being paid to listen to the radio, and the occasional strolling through of staff showing around a few people who make co-oing comments about the garish (expensive) decor

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2008, 10:32   #5
Senior Member+

They were having problems with their computers last time i was there for midwife.. she managed to book my next appointment for a month later but the receptionist couldnt make me an appointment for the next day

You can usually get an appointment there for the same day, if you ring at 8.30am you do but i went in at 10 ish today and ive got an appointment for today.

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 15-10-2008, 10:45   #6

the other day when i took my friend there for physio, the lifts weren't working. Seems like there's always some problem or other there
vicky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2008, 12:00   #7
Senior Member+

One of the lifts wasnt working yesterday..

i was waiting for an hour for my appointment yesterday!

Old 15-10-2008, 18:05   #8
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

I went the other week with my son and spent over an hour waiting!

What got me mad was when i rang i presumed i was seeing a doctor because i was given a time, but NOOOOO, when i got there it was full up and i was seeing a bloody nurse!!
Iv been with peel house since i was born and its getting bloody stupid, ...there was only one receptionist too and the Queue was long, where was the other receptionist??, probably having a crafty fag somewhere
Old 15-10-2008, 20:43   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

panther its total crap there now, i went to make n appointment on Mon 6th oct to be told ya can see a doc up baxenden on 17th, so i said sod it i'll die instead, cos i am going away on the 16th.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..