Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-09-2010, 08:09   #16
Senior Member+

Re: skate boarding in Accrington?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpickup View Post
we asked round for ages and alocated location has been coppice park up near peelpark school on one of the tennis courts as they are no loger used much .

tom
peace in the middle east
That would be a good place as the tennis courts are just a waste of space at the mo, but if it did go ahead what about the allotments? there is enough trouble up there at the minute with kids breaking in, not saying that the people that would use the skate park will be trouble makers but there is still a possibility?Would there be anything in place to protect the surrounding area?
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-09-2010, 08:13   #17
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heth View Post
Would there be anything in place to protect the surrounding area?

What would you suggest?

I thought that was the job of the Police.
Old 16-09-2010, 08:19   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
What would you suggest?

I thought that was the job of the Police.

You would think so Neil as that is what they are meant to be doing at the mo but with no real sucess!! I think before the skate park gets built something needs to be put in place that there would deff be a patrol of the bobbies in the area, even if its just the community ones at least it might show that the people higher up want this to work for the benifit of both the skaters and the allotment holders.
Dont know if any-body else has any idea's?
Old 16-09-2010, 08:32   #19
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Places like the skate park are classed as diversionary tactics. By giving the teenagers somewhere to go and something to do hopefully they will not be bored and end up causing trouble elsewhere.
Old 16-09-2010, 08:42   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Places like the skate park are classed as diversionary tactics. By giving the teenagers somewhere to go and something to do hopefully they will not be bored and end up causing trouble elsewhere.

Yeah I agree with you but there is always the non-skaters that will just go up there to cause trouble as they have nothing beter to do and class something like the skate park as a easy target
Old 16-09-2010, 11:54   #21

as i am one of the allotment holders myself i know there is trouble caused up there but providing something for kids to do they should stop vandalism and iv been led to believe the vandals are the kids already using the football facility up there so i dont see the skate park making much difference and think theres a proposal of cameras being installed so we shall catch the litle thugs that put the windows through and burntdown the shed and rbbed the alcohol .

tom
peace in the middle east
tpickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2010, 13:43   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
as i am one of the allotment holders myself i know there is trouble caused up there but providing something for kids to do they should stop vandalism and iv been led to believe the vandals are the kids already using the football facility up there so i dont see the skate park making much difference and think theres a proposal of cameras being installed so we shall catch the litle thugs that put the windows through and burntdown the shed and rbbed the alcohol .

tom
peace in the middle east
Camera's would be a good idea, were abouts is your allotment? My Dad has one up there you might know him, he is called Lee?
Old 16-09-2010, 15:43   #23

cant say i do my entrance is on the peel park pub side bellow the road leading to bowling green
Old 16-09-2010, 15:56   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
cant say i do my entrance is on the peel park pub side bellow the road leading to bowling green
ah my dads on the other side of the hill near the entrance to the park, he has stopped putting padlocks on his sheds now as they just keep breaking them! He doesnt leave anything up there of value anyway but he hates it when the kids go in just to mess things up
Old 16-09-2010, 16:09   #25

ahhh weve just had a shed burnt down in next aloment accross and windows been broken on other sheds hopfully should be last of it as iv had a sturn word with local kids .
Old 16-09-2010, 16:33   #26
Senior Member+

It makes me so angry, what is the point to there behavior?
People have these allotments to excape for a while and tend to the plants that they have grown from seed all for some mindless kid to come along and think its a "laugh" to destroy things. My Dads had his allotment for over 20 years now and never used to get bothered
Old 16-09-2010, 17:02   #27

well wat can we say its just this generation of scum
Old 17-09-2010, 15:55   #28
Senior Member+

Well lets see what comes of it eh? They might have a super plan to change this eyesore into something usefull!
Old 11-10-2010, 04:21   #29

Yvonnes dad allows the local infant / junior schools to take the kids round and look at this allotment, they love it and start their own little plots at the schools.

Tags
skate boarding in accy

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..