Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Sport and Hobby Talk General chat about anything sport or hobby related.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-01-2009, 22:03   #16

Re: Andy Murray

I'm not overly confident. Verdasco has been OUTSTANDING in this tournament and will be a real handfull. (don't be surprised if Robredo makes mincemeat of Roddick too).

I really hope his is Murrays time (even if a large number of Scots dont like him). However, even if he makes it through, Nadal and Federer are playing out their skin. Will take a real special performance to beat either of those, and it wouldn't be a shock if they contest the final.

And slightly off-topic but although Serena is ultra confident she can become the womens champion, it would not shock me at all if she fell in the 4th rd to Azarenka, who like Verdasco, has simply been playing sublime tennis.

The tournament is certainly picking up now in the latter stages.
Old 25-01-2009, 12:29   #17

Federer not looking so good this morning and Murray has more than equalled Verdasco's form so far.

As to the women's game, anybody could win it, but it seems like nobody wants to.
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 12:55   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

odds are against Murray as hes been in bed wi a heavy cold before his last match, hope hes shook it off.
Old 25-01-2009, 18:14   #19

Take it all back re Roddick - got it completely wrong! Nadal and Dementieva to be crowned champions. (cue both getting knocked out in the next round!).
Old 25-01-2009, 21:06   #20

Zvonereva I meant, not Dementieva. (tho I reserve the right to change that should the former go out and the latter go through!)
Old 26-01-2009, 05:39   #21
God Member

apart from Venus and Serena (which is the fat one ? ) I've got no idea who is who from all these eastern european slavic and russian clones, none of which has the personality of a banana slug, where the heck is Hingis ? ...yeah I know she retired
Re. the Mens competition , Andy Roddick is staying out of the spotlight and maybe he could be the 'dark horse' in the final 16 , just hoping Djokovic falls flat on his ass ,( don't like his attitude), would like to see Federer get his 14 th grand slam , he's earned it.
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2009, 06:03   #22
God Member

should add that the live coverage and results are 17 hours ahead of my time zone , so maybe I'm a bit behind
Old 26-01-2009, 07:08   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colmeister View Post
I'm not overly confident. Verdasco has been OUTSTANDING in this tournament and will be a real handfull. (don't be surprised if Robredo makes mincemeat of Roddick too).

, (livetime) yep Murray got his ass kicked think the 'new' slimline Andy Roddick will take this guy
Old 31-01-2009, 19:24   #24

Verdasco unlucky against Nadal.

One to join Murray, Djokovic, Nadal and Federer?
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 18:21   #25
God Member

Didnt manage to watch Andy Murray today, but he is through to the semi finals on friday, having won in 3 straight sets today, well done Andy!
Old 01-07-2009, 22:49   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
, (livetime) yep Murray got his ass kicked think the 'new' slimline Andy Roddick will take this guy
doubt it steeljack, the guys getting better as he progresses IMHO, the only reservation i have is fact hes beaten Federer in his last 4 meetings, cant see federer losing 5 on the trot.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:10   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
doubt it steeljack, the guys getting better as he progresses IMHO, the only reservation i have is fact hes beaten Federer in his last 4 meetings, cant see federer losing 5 on the trot.
come on Cashy , that post was during the Australian open , 6 months ago . Not taking bets on this one , but would like to see either Roddick or Federer take Wimboldon ,
Not sure if you have the same commontators as we do in the US , We have the 'brat' John McEnroe , his knowledge of the game is good , but when he tries to talk anything else ...what a moron
Old 02-07-2009, 09:53   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
come on Cashy , that post was during the Australian open , 6 months ago . Not taking bets on this one , but would like to see either Roddick or Federer take Wimboldon ,
Not sure if you have the same commontators as we do in the US , We have the 'brat' John McEnroe , his knowledge of the game is good , but when he tries to talk anything else ...what a moron
We have him here too SJ, he's mellowed in his old age, mind you I used to like it when he was swearing and shouting the everybody "you cannot be serious"
Old 02-07-2009, 10:35   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
never noticed the date on yer last post mate, that entitles ya to call me dickhead.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:57   #30
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
never noticed the date on yer last post mate, that entitles ya to call me dickhead.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..