Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   DVD/TV/Film Discussion (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f134/)
-   -   Britains Got Talent (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f134/britains-got-talent-64329.html)

gpick24 01-06-2013 19:28

Britains Got Talent

I`m sure there are are loads on here who don`t watch BGT, but the silouette act ( Attraction ) that`s just been on was amazing, had me in tears.

flashy 01-06-2013 19:59

Re: Britains Got Talent

Yes they where very good but they should change the name of the show to 'Europe and every other countries got talent' its really peed me off this year, they are coming in from all over the world just to audition

gpick24 01-06-2013 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 1061452)
Yes they where very good but they should change the name of the show to 'Europe and every other countries got talent' its really peed me off this year, they are coming in from all over the world just to audition

I admit, there are a lot of acts not from Britain, but you`d need a heart of stone not to be moved by that tonight.

Shurm 01-06-2013 21:07

Brilliant act hope they win.

gpick24 01-06-2013 21:17

don`t normally watch these kind of programs, but first one I watched was america`s got talent and had the eventual winner Bianca Ryan on - blew me away!
Bianca Ryan - And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going [A.G.T 06] - YouTube

Rowlf 01-06-2013 21:23

I would like Attraction to win too. .They are so unique and so very very clever.Thought the blonde girl would have got through. She was far better than the boy from Ireland in my opinion. I also dont think the way they put the 2nd act through is fair. What is the point of people voting if the panel can vote off the act who came 2nd in the viewers votes. It is all a money making con of the telephone companies.

gpick24 01-06-2013 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowlf (Post 1061461)
...I also dont think the way they put the 2nd act through is fair. What is the point of people voting if the panel can vote off the act who came 2nd in the viewers votes. It is all a money making con of the telephone companies.

I think if it`s close as to who is best, they vote 2/2, then the act with most votes goes through.

janloot 01-06-2013 21:47

the only thing with this program is,it is called britains got talent, so why do they put on their program idiots who have been obviously vetted, and sound like a cat being strangled or a child wanting pity,or someone so old and daft, they just make fools of themselves,i know television sells, but surely there must be better tryers than half the acts that only show themselves up, I try not to watch it purely for that reason.

gpick24 01-06-2013 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by janloot (Post 1061468)
the only thing with this program is,it is called britains got talent, so why do they put on their program idiots who have been obviously vetted, and sound like a cat being strangled or a child wanting pity,or someone so old and daft, they just make fools of themselves,i know television sells, but surely there must be better tryers than half the acts that only show themselves up, I try not to watch it purely for that reason.

I totally agree, they spoil it, and like I said, don`t normally watch programs like this, but the exceptional acts make it worthwhile,
Tonights "Attraction" now on youtube.
Attraction's semi-final shadow theatre performance | Semi-Final 5 | Britain's Got Talent 2013 - YouTube
By the way, if you didn`t see it on the night, the whole act was based on one the life of one of the performers

BERNADETTE 01-06-2013 23:47

Thought from the first time I saw Attraction that they would be worthy winners. A unique act

jaysay 02-06-2013 08:14

Don't watch anything that Cowell has is hands on

cashman 02-06-2013 11:33

Good uns, never needed crap like this to attract attention,:rolleyes:

entwisi 03-06-2013 10:37

errr, Les Dawson was making no headway till he got on Opportunity knocks according to the "Audience with" thing at the weekend

goes to show there is a need for programmes of this type, no matter how much you hate Mr C... and lets face it its a bit of the British disease that we seem to like to hate successful people rather than celebrate their success as good for Britain

janloot 03-06-2013 16:20

successful people, or artists are worth listening to, my gripe with the program in question is the rubbish acts they put on obviously thinking its funny, the show is called "britains got talent" not britains full of idiots,

cashman 03-06-2013 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi (Post 1061622)
errr, Les Dawson was making no headway till he got on Opportunity knocks according to the "Audience with" thing at the weekend

goes to show there is a need for programmes of this type, no matter how much you hate Mr C... and lets face it its a bit of the British disease that we seem to like to hate successful people rather than celebrate their success as good for Britain

I was always a great Les Dawson fan, But disagree it don't show me theres a need fer tripe like those shows, It does show he got his break through one thats all. I firmly believe it would have happened anyway,a bit later probably, but the guy was too talented not to make it.