Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-09-2012, 21:27   #16
God Member

Re: Great British Ghosts.

PS just had a quick google
Can You Really Smell a Ghost?: Olfactory Paranormal Phenomena | Suite101.com
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-09-2012, 21:39   #17
Senior Member+

I was told by a medium that works with Simon Entwistle after I emailed him the pic that I was a decendant of Cromwell as he was supposed to have slept at Mitton Hall
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2012, 21:48   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
The ghostly figure is actually me. Just before the pic was taken the best man and myself where just talking to each other and we could both smell very sweet smelling wood smoke and when we asked the waiter if there were any wood fires burning he said no.
Yeh I thought the figure looked familiar to the others! You winding us up? Someone mentioned when a digital camera memory runs out - with mine it just says "memory full" and stops working till you delete some. It never ever copies different pictures over others to create that effect.

Last edited by kestrelx; 24-09-2012 at 21:54.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2012, 08:41   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
I was told by a medium that works with Simon Entwistle after I emailed him the pic that I was a decendant of Cromwell as he was supposed to have slept at Mitton Hall
You actually look a bit like Russell Grant the astrologer bloke - sure your not related to him?

So what's your secret where you just standing there and the taker moved the camera causing that blurry effect?
Old 25-09-2012, 08:58   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
You actually look a bit like Russell Grant the astrologer bloke - sure your not related to him?

So what's your secret where you just standing there and the taker moved the camera causing that blurry effect?
Ya really do know how to insult people don't ya, Russell Grant indeed
Old 25-09-2012, 09:26   #21
Resting In Peace

There appear to be concealed lights behind the stone arch at the top of the picture. I would say that it is the effect of this light causing the picture to look washed out especially at the RH edge. Coupled possibly with a bit of camera shake, causes the picture to look as it does.
Old 25-09-2012, 09:33   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
There appear to be concealed lights behind the stone arch at the top of the picture. I would say that it is the effect of this light causing the picture to look washed out especially at the RH edge. Coupled possibly with a bit of camera shake, causes the picture to look as it does.
That seems to be the case Sue.

I notice you've got 666 in your karma score...
Old 25-09-2012, 09:43   #23
God Member

The photo might be a trick of the light but the woodsmoke smell wasn't.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2012, 14:58   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
The photo might be a trick of the light but the woodsmoke smell wasn't.
Sure it's not dope smoke!
Old 29-09-2012, 17:55   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
I watched this program again last night and this time it covered two places in Lancashire. 1) the Sun Inn - I don't know where that is. 2) Samlesbury Hall nr Blackburn. The white lady has been seen walking on the road outside the hall and is actually on Police file, because so many people driving claim to have hit and knocked down a woman in white. There have also been several sighting inside the hall of a fully dressed, clearly visible female form dressed in olde worlde clothing.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..