Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2011, 20:58   #91
Senior Member+

Re: Please can I start an X Factor thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Stick to the wine.

Is there any doubt about that Cashy??!!
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-11-2011, 21:56   #92
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I think this seemed a bit 'engineered'...... to boost flagging ratings and add an extra dimesnion to the show. I think this has got to have been the worst X Factor ever, and it makes you wonder if it isn't time to call time on it.
I reckon this crappy programme has contributed greatly to the loss of good singers/musicians, who charted before this dirge even began, very few of the newer bands/singers seem to last these days, cos of crap like this trying to find new talent.
Old 12-11-2011, 23:26   #93

To me it's a glorified karaoke show. If any of the people were any good they would have been discovered a long time ago.

Look at bands like Status Quo they're been around for decades and they did all the usual gigging in sawdust pubs and social clubs.

Even Suebo did that pubs and social clubs before she entered BGT. She has been very successful off the back of that.

The problem is most of the people are on there just to be famous that's all it is. Bet none if those do the pubs and club circuit they basically want the fame and fortune without working for it.

Last edited by phil8715; 12-11-2011 at 23:30.
phil8715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 23:50   #94
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I reckon this crappy programme has contributed greatly to the loss of good singers/musicians, who charted before this dirge even began, very few of the newer bands/singers seem to last these days, cos of crap like this trying to find new talent.

Soooooo you dont want to make a duo with me Cashy and try out next year?!
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 23:55   #95
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heth View Post
Soooooo you dont want to make a duo with me Cashy and try out next year?!
Sorry heth,but i was a great singer...............until "Tunes" were invented. so i would probably win X-Factor.
Old 13-11-2011, 05:52   #96
Give, give, give member

Woo-hoo.

Will definitely watch next week, rather than just have it on in the background, whilst doing something else.

My lovely Rebecca Ferguson is apparently appearing on next weekend's results show.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 10:12   #97

Quote:
I think this seemed a bit 'engineered'...... to boost flagging ratings and add an extra dimesnion to the show. I think this has got to have been the worst X Factor ever, and it makes you wonder if it isn't time to call time on it.

I completely agree, I think the X Factor has definitely had it's day, it's time for it to go. It's offensive to the general public's intelligence in its present format.
I've been thinking about this business with Frankie being kicked off, I'm sure it's all engineered but on the off chance it's genuine, perhaps Mr Cowell and the owners of the show should take some responsibility, I'm sure they should have a duty of care towards the contestants to keep them safe whilst they're controlling their lives throughout the duration of the competition and making a vast amount of money out of them? Just a thought....
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 12:15   #98
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
makes you wonder if it isn't time to call time on it.
Should've happened around October 2004 for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
I completely agree, I think the X Factor has definitely had it's day, it's time for it to go. It's offensive to the general public's intelligence
It's taken a while but at last you've twigged on.

Sorry folks, but for me it should never have been aired, I think you'll find it's caused more problems & anguish than it has benefited anybody. How many Hopefuls have been publicly embarrassed & humiliated because their family & supposed friends have given them delusions & pumped up their egos by bolstering their mediocre "talent" into something it's not.

Fame, fortune & the good life, have to be (in most cases) hard earned & you take your kickings along the way, sorry but that's life. As you can surmise I'm not a fan of such alleged "entertainment".
Old 13-11-2011, 12:54   #99
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post

Sorry folks, but for me it should never have been aired, I think you'll find it's caused more problems & anguish than it has benefited anybody. How many Hopefuls have been publicly embarrassed & humiliated because their family & supposed friends have given them delusions & pumped up their egos by bolstering their mediocre "talent" into something it's not.

Fame, fortune & the good life, have to be (in most cases) hard earned & you take your kickings along the way, sorry but that's life. As you can surmise I'm not a fan of such alleged "entertainment".
Excuse me.

One Hyndburn family have been kept in cakes for over four years, off the back of the X-Factor. Thank you very much.

'Too fat' family hit back | Accrington Observer - menmedia.co.uk

Old 13-11-2011, 13:02   #100
Give, give, give member

Quote:

Besides, we had to endure a series of Man O Man.

After it was exported over from Germany, as the best of Germanic light entertainment.

So we aren't listening.

(Yes, it is catchy. It's my next year's audition piece.)

Old 13-11-2011, 14:17   #101
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

My lovely Rebecca Ferguson is apparently appearing on next weekend's results show.

Wow -never heard her before - what a voice. Don't see X-factor obviously but i presume she is NOT a contestant...

Just off to have a quick Google about her...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 14:20   #102
God Member

Well -something good has come out of the X-factor then - and a Liverpudlian to boot.
If she was second who won it last year? (Excuse my ignorance on these matters...!)

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 15:18   #103
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Besides, we had to endure a series of Man O Man.

After it was exported over from Germany, as the best of Germanic light entertainment.

So we aren't listening.

(Yes, it is catchy. It's my next year's audition piece.)

Mate, I don't watch it & I live here ! Think its part of Merkozys masterplan to dominate Europe by turning people into mindless drones with their brains dribbling out their lugs due to the mind numbing pap being churned out with subversive unnoticed under tones. (Europe good, independent Island monkey Nation bad)

All part of zer werld domination as she sits there stroking her pussy.

(Like all the Villains who want to conquer the World just par for the course, evil minions check, Psychotic sidekick check, Despicable plan for world domination check, Pussy or some other pet to stroke while condemning the hero to a gruesome end check )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Evil & Cat.jpg (7.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 13-11-2011, 15:24   #104
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Wow -never heard her before - what a voice. Don't see X-factor obviously but i presume she is NOT a contestant...

Just off to have a quick Google about her...
I really rate her.

She could be world-renowed, if given the right material.

Check her out on YouTube.

Old 13-11-2011, 15:26   #105
Resting In Peace

Quote:

Well said Dave, couldn't have put it better myself.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..