Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-12-2011, 19:27   #16
Resting In Peace

Re: The Money Drop

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
There was one on Eggheads last night Steve, even super brain Kevin got it wrong, what meat did Lizzy and phil have for their wedding diner back in 1953 Meat, Venison or Pheasant, how the hell anybody was supposed to know that god only knows, I said the same as Kevin, Venison, it was Pheasant
Super brain Kevin wants to get out more... yes I have met him - he was of course super millennium champion in 1999.

By the way Liz and Phil were married in 1947 or do you mean the coronation in 1953?

Quote:
Sue, you are a quiz behemoth
Behemoth - Behemoth is commonly identified as possibly being a sauropod dinosaur, the name has come to be used for any extremely large or powerful entity.

As I am just under 5fttall not sure that is apt but the dinosaur is better - the grey cells are becoming extinct and recall is getting harder.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-12-2011, 08:40   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Super brain Kevin wants to get out more... yes I have met him - he was of course super millennium champion in 1999.

By the way Liz and Phil were married in 1947 or do you mean the coronation in 1953?

Behemoth - Behemoth is commonly identified as possibly being a sauropod dinosaur, the name has come to be used for any extremely large or powerful entity.

As I am just under 5fttall not sure that is apt but the dinosaur is better - the grey cells are becoming extinct and recall is getting harder.
Wants to get out more, He's been to places I've never heard of never mind visited,
Old 15-12-2011, 11:09   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
Yep, that's the guy.
Is the programme still going? If not, they should bring it back....!
The programme was on here in the 80's. He is the original sleaze ball though!

He now has a series of night clubs in top resorts -started on the Costa Smeralda in Sardinia. If you're interested he has a web site with (it's in English too) info about his clubs and a lot about the TV programme "Colpo Grosso" - it was quite Risqué for the 80's -looks quite tame now really

www.umbertosmaila.it

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 11:18   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Know what you mean about proper questions Steve.

I do have a fair bit of previous when it comes to quizzes but not since 2000.
I also like a "proper" quiz with real questions. Have seen the Egg-heads in Tenerife with mum -she never misses it, it's quite a good format. Watched the Money Drop again yesterday evening but it's not my scene -too much luck and find the whole thing of seeing these people scrabbling about with "money" a bit degrading somehow.

Sue you really are a dark horse! As a seasoned quizzer you should have some sort of penalty on the Trivia quiz to give us mere mortals a chance...

Does anyone remember the quiz they used to have on Crackerjack where they gave you cabbages if you got a question wrong?

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 15-12-2011, 11:46   #20
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Sue you really are a dark horse! As a seasoned quizzer you should have some sort of penalty on the Trivia quiz to give us mere mortals a chance...

Does anyone remember the quiz they used to have on Crackerjack where they gave you cabbages if you got a question wrong?
My penalty is advancing years and failing recall as haven't done much quizzing for ten years. Yes I remember Crackerjack but don't think I could work the mouse if I were holding a cabbage!
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 13:20   #21
Full Member+

On Crackerjack didn't they used to load the kids up with toys & games and they could keep what they didn't drop.....or something like that!!
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 13:51   #22
God Member

Quote:
On Crackerjack didn't they used to load the kids up with toys & games and they could keep what they didn't drop.....or something like that!!
Yep -and the cabbages made it hard to hold onto the decent prizes!

As a consolation prize they used to give a Crackerjack pen and pencil set.

I bet they get better prizes these days on kids programmes...

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 18-12-2011, 18:29   #23

Quizmaster fed up with cheats creates first ever Google-proof pub quiz | Mail Online

'Only Connect' best quiz on TV.
ToffeeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2011, 18:32   #24
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToffeeGuy View Post
Luv' it, your link is to that 'Tory rag' you were calling in another thread.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2011, 18:41   #25

Point taken, but you can't criticise something you don't read.
ToffeeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2011, 23:25   #26

Quote:
That was called double or drop on Crackajack.

I've been watching reruns of Bullseye which is a darts based quiz. You can't beat a bit of bully!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
phil8715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2011, 08:56   #27
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToffeeGuy View Post
Point taken, but you can't criticise something you don't read.
Um well if you don't read it, how did you know about the link you put onstrange that

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..