Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2009, 21:19   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Torchwood is back!!

they want the children... they will kill everyone if they dont, end of the world stuff..... so wheres the dr?? if it was happening then he would be there as well!!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-07-2009, 14:41   #17
God Member

I said the same myself last night...........but you never know..........its bloody good though is`nt it?
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 15:36   #18
God Member

He can't be everywhere - he's probably somewhere in 3123 sorting out the Daleks.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 06:11   #19
God Member

its due to start here in a couple of weeks on BBC America , is it worth watching/recording to DVR ?

(note BBC America screwed up by showing the original shows out of sequence and missing 3 or 4 episodes from the original two series)
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 09:12   #20

I like Accylass was at work all week so i watched them all last night(i was up till 2am watching them)
And i cried like a baby
It was absolutly fab !
And Accylass i know which bit you where talking about and all i can say is
mumtotwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 09:13   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
its due to start here in a couple of weeks on BBC America , is it worth watching/recording to DVR ?

(note BBC America screwed up by showing the original shows out of sequence and missing 3 or 4 episodes from the original two series)
Most definatly worth watching/recording !
mumtotwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:05   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipinfort View Post
These 456 better be good if/when we get a look at them..............
i would say they were between 123 and 789 to be fair

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 14:19   #23

Well, that was that.

I wonder whats for next time if ever?
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 15:51   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumtotwo View Post
Most definatly worth watching/recording !

I`ll second that.............
Old 12-07-2009, 15:20   #25
God Member

to be honest i thought they really skimped on the budget for this season if you can call it that, to say its most probably a big farewell to torchwood they didnt exactly push the boat out on teh effects budget , a cheap puppet you could barely see as teh bad guys , no alien ships , a bit of dry ice in a bucket for the aliens enclosure and a tiny bit of CGI for a transporter beam to show 1 alien coming to earth and absolutely no evidence at all that these creatures had any grip over the world apart from they could make children say things and release a poison which in comparasson to previous threats earth had been put under was pretty weak to say teh least lol

yes it was ok but lets face it there have been more well thought out endings and teh demise of teh villains in an episode of scooby doo

i hope doctor who dosnt follow teh same route with its new writer

in comparasson with teh previous seasons it seemed to be done very cheaply and half heartedly written

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 12-07-2009, 17:54   #26
God Member

I could`nt Disagree more..............
Old 12-07-2009, 18:46   #27
God Member

Well I was gripped! I thought it was a masterstroke running it over 5 nights. I love how dark and depraved it is compared to Dr Who.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2009, 03:48   #28
God Member

Quote:
I could`nt Disagree more..............
thats probably because your one of those type of fans that would watch a dog turd attract flies as long as it had torchwood written on it or accept any drivel as long as you got to see barrowman's arse

finaly the UK has two sc-fi programs that are almost to the standard of the usa sci-fi programs and they shove this dismal effort out putting the show back into the early 80's type of garbage doctor who used to be

doctor who got a complete over haul and has improved greatly attracting fans world wide and torchwood gained success on the back of doctor who and got better and better as it went along until this half arsed series of 5 came to be

the entire 5 episodes could have easily have been condensed into a normal 1 episode or a 2 parter at most and 3 or 4 more episodes with better storylines aired instead ,it was as though they had taken a standard episode and stretched it our as much as possible like a child going back over a 500 word essay realising it has only written 300 words frantically padding out sentances to get the number count up

Old 13-07-2009, 13:15   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
thats probably because your one of those type of fans that would watch a dog turd attract flies as long as it had torchwood written on it or accept any drivel as long as you got to see barrowman's arse

I`ve got to say i have never seen a dog turd with anything written on it other than `Knobhead`
Old 13-07-2009, 16:28   #30
God Member

Quote:
I`ve got to say i have never seen a dog turd with anything written on it other than `Knobhead`

cant really say iv inspected one close enough to see writing of any kind but its good to know someones keeping an eye out for it

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..