Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2012, 13:35   #16
God Member

Re: What was he last film you saw at the cinema?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I went to the premier of this, starring Fish, ten years ago. As I'd done some of the costumes for it.

It was dreadful.

9 Dead Gay Guys - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I really have no interest in most Hollywood films.

I'd much rather watch my art house/indie films in the comfort of my own home, courtesy of LOVEFiLM.com
Film does sound pretty dire - laugh a minute stuff.

Wondered how the Lovefilm thing worked - do you get a discount for doing your reviews?

Do they only do it for the UK? Bet they do...would be ideal for me otherwise. SKY is always showing repeats these days.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-03-2012, 13:39   #17
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
SKY is always showing repeats these days.
Not just Sky, the normal channels are pumping out the same repetitive dross, so I don't really bother with the idiot box.
Old 10-03-2012, 13:40   #18
Resting in Peace

My other half goes the the flicks every week without fail, I just wait for um to come on Sky
Old 10-03-2012, 14:33   #19
Beacon of light

the last film I saw at the pictures was ET........my brother had come over from South Africa where he was working on a contract, and he took us out to the pictures.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 14:47   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
the last film I saw at the pictures was ET........my brother had come over from South Africa where he was working on a contract, and he took us out to the pictures.
Did he phone home while he was here Margaret
Old 10-03-2012, 16:02   #21
Beacon of light

who do you mean John.... ET or our Pete?

If you mean our Pete...yes, he did it would have been more than his life was worth not to!
Old 10-03-2012, 17:26   #22
Rest in Peace

My better half with the memory after deep thought's says it was either Grease or The Confessions of a Window Cleaner,but so long ago early 1980.
claytonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:45   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
who do you mean John.... ET or our Pete?

If you mean our Pete...yes, he did it would have been more than his life was worth not to!
Both
Old 11-03-2012, 11:01   #24
Beacon of light

ET did too...in the film.

I'm not a big film fan........I am to 'antsy'(I wonder if I have ADHD)....I need to be doing, not sitting.

There are not many films that capture my imagination and attention, and certainly few that would warrant paying to go and see them.
Old 03-05-2012, 17:28   #25
God Member

Went to see a film on Sunday evening , not such a good choice available and we chose Woody Allen's latest film "Rome, I love you". I have enjoyed the last 3 of his films -probably because he wasn't actually in them (can't stand him as an actor) and they were different to all his others offerings.

Despite a decent cast it was absolutely dire -call it a commedy -maybe they find that kind of thing funny in the US
Totally ridiculous storylines and very unreal characters -if you fancy going to the cinema -don't waste your money on this one.

(As an aside it was a big disaster from start to finish -went the whole hog with cokes and popcorn -husband tipped half the bucket on the floor immediately and managed to spill his coke down himself too. We are not expert cinema-goers obviously)

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 13-05-2012, 07:40   #26
Senior Member+

Last thing I saw at cinema was a dinosaur documentary in 3D. It was as the IMAX in Bradford. 50FT screen!!!

The experience at IMAX is awesome. Really want to go there and watch a full film in 3D. Still can't get over the size of the screen. The 3D effects work very well on such a big screen. One bit a guy shoveled dirt into the camera lens and at least 20 people went "urrrruh" including myself. It was like having dirt thrown in ya face.
Old 13-05-2012, 09:55   #27
Senior Member+

I saw Harry Potter; Deathly Hallows pt 1 and I still havn't seen pt 2 yet!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 10:28   #28
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
I saw Harry Potter; Deathly Hallows pt 1 and I still havn't seen pt 2 yet!
Thats nothing, I saw Kill Bill Volume 1 in the states when it came out, still haven't seem Kill Bill Volume 2

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 13:11   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Went to see a film on Sunday evening , not such a good choice available and we chose Woody Allen's latest film "Rome, I love you". I have enjoyed the last 3 of his films -probably because he wasn't actually in them (can't stand him as an actor) and they were different to all his others offerings.
Not quite the cinema but yesterday as there was nothing interesting on TV early evening decided to buy on SKY Pay per view Woody Allen's film "Midnight in Paris." He is only the director in this one, it has a great cast and I loved the storyline and of course Paris is a beatiful backdrop to any film. Was so good i watched it first in Italian (husband doesn't follow English) and then through again straight away in English!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 10-07-2012, 15:22   #30
God Member

Last one was "Motorcycle Diaries" ... and before that "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly." Don't much like movie theaters; you can't have a beer, or a smoke, or a toke. No fun. Should never have bothered with "Motorcycle Diaries" ... for me, "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" was the defining movie

Who needs dialogue?

Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..