Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Forum News (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f62/)
-   -   Hacked! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f62/hacked-25945.html)

cashman 27-11-2006 22:54

Re: Hacked!

not that its important but i cannot understand why hackers descend on a local forum?:confused: can see why the bast**** attack banking,investment sites,cos theres summat to gain, but what gain is to be had from hacking accyweb?:confused: all it does is cause grief for the poor sod that owns/runs the site to me. thanks for everything roy anyway.

KIPAX 27-11-2006 23:01

Why do kids scratch cars or throw stones at windows.. same answer.. buggered if I know what that is.. but same answer.

Some have websites and they take snapshots of the site hacked to show others who do the same.

Some are just scripts sent out onto the internet.. Once a vulrability is known its easy enough to make a script that goes out and searches for websites with that software and hacks them auto..

I made a bot-spider once.. sent it out into the internet to find info on a given subject.. within minutes I overloaded my database.... I love the whole concept of spiders and bots.. especially the film and telly versions hehe :)

shillelagh 30-11-2006 17:39

Have you noticed all the idiot posts are now in feedback & suggestions instead of being elsewhere. Didnt want to type **** because you never know they might just latch onto it. Noticed though thats where they are all posted since we been hacked.

WillowTheWhisp 02-12-2006 19:44

I've seen an odd one or two tagged onto the end of old threads. Pain in the wotsit wherever they are. Did you see that one the other day with THE photos ? :eek:

rick-kendall 14-01-2007 15:51

what version of flashchat were you using?

Neal 15-01-2007 00:09

It was a few versions below the latest one, quite a few as Roy is a busy chappy.

rick-kendall 18-01-2007 22:29

V 4.5.7 was even hacked by primary school kiddies!

must have been about that time eh!

kathleen_firth 04-11-2007 17:48

i dont understand why someone would want to hack in to accyweb

Less 04-11-2007 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathleen_firth (Post 488691)
i dont understand why someone would want to hack in to accyweb

Why do some people walk through the town centre and uproot plants, tear branches off trees and generally make life harder for others?

Well, the people that hacked accyweb have a similar mentality, it is just vandalism but in a different format.

:(

garinda 04-11-2007 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 488728)
Why do some people walk through the town centre and uproot plants, tear branches off trees and generally make life harder for others?

Well, the people that hacked accyweb have a similar mentality, it is just vandalism but in a different format.

But they got their comeuppance, when the heavies of the Accy Web Mafia, payed a trip to Belgium.:D

kathleen_firth 04-11-2007 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 488728)

yer i really dont understand people like that

mez 03-11-2008 15:47

wow 2yrs since i was in belgium .. im going through there again but ive got a couple more accywebbers with me this time mmmmmmmmm should we get um this time methinks..:rolleyes: :rolleyes::cool:

jpest1 22-11-2008 01:13

You go girl