Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Forum News (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f62/)
-   -   Maintenance and Chaos... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f62/maintenance-and-chaos-62918.html)

Roy 24-11-2012 02:55

Maintenance and Chaos...

Due to it being thanksgiving holidays here in the good old US of A right now, I may get time to upgrade the forum software. I've done a fair bit of prep work so hopefully when I do pull the plug, the site shouldn't be down for more than about 8 hours! :eek:

I plan to start this tomorrow evening (Saturday 24th Nov), at around 22:00 UK time (maybe earlier, maybe not then at all).

I will warn you now, when the site comes back, it shall have some differences, and I'm sure 90% of you will hate it. But, needs must and I just have to get us onto some more up to date software :D

Margaret Pilkington 24-11-2012 06:32

Re: Maintenance and Chaos...

90% of us Roy....don't you want to upgrade that estimate to 95%(sorry, I couldn't resist) :D

davemac 24-11-2012 09:47

thats a bit short notice, it doesn't give me time to get sedatives to cope without the site not being there.

susie123 24-11-2012 16:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy (Post 1029178)
I will warn you now, when the site comes back, it shall have some differences, and I'm sure 90% of you will hate it. But, needs must and I just have to get us onto some more up to date software :D

The members are revolting - I know, I know...

david1 24-11-2012 20:48

I like it the way it is now !

Roy 25-11-2012 01:09

Ok, we are back! I couldn't go through with the super duper total change upgrade, I just didn't have the style right yet. However all the forum/gallery/blogs etc have been updated and some small changes made.
Let me know what problems you have and I'll try to get them sorted out this week. The gallery could have lots of problems, as I've upgraded it from it's 3 year old version! :eek:

Less 25-11-2012 08:02

So, are we now seeing the end of karma? Although the symbol is still there under peoples user names and it still works, when viewing your own profile no mention of karma points.
Has the new Like taken over?
Or is it because the link for 'my profile' has been removed and we now must use 'your profile' under quick links, or have I not yet found where the link has been moved to?
What a wonderful day for the site, no more bitching karma threads started by the ignorant that feel hard done by.
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/i...le/alright.gif

Margaret Pilkington 25-11-2012 08:47

I'm just glad the likes aren't linked to FB....you know the kind of thing 'like me on FB'.

I was a bit perturbed when I tried to have a few minutes on here last night and the site was noted as 'undergoing essential maintenance'.
I was worried about what I might find when I logged on this morning(especially as I am part of the misunderstood 95%:)).......but I am pleasantly pleased Roy.
I think major changes done in stages, are perhaps a bit less of a challenge to us.
Thank you Roy, for your sterling work.
I really do appreciate it......and I'm sure that i am not the only one.

Less 25-11-2012 09:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1029335)
I'm just glad the likes aren't linked to FB....you know the kind of thing 'like me on FB'.

I was a bit perturbed when I tried to have a few minutes on here last night and the site was noted as 'undergoing essential maintenance'.
I was worried about what I might find when I logged on this morning(especially as I am part of the misunderstood 95%:)).......but I am pleasantly pleased Roy.
I think major changes done in stages, are perhaps a bit less of a challenge to us.
Thank you Roy, for your sterling work.
I really do appreciate it......and I'm sure that i am not the only one.

Sad to say, I've found the my profile link, it was staring me in the face, under your notifications.

So karma points still in use I'm afraid.
:(

cashman 25-11-2012 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1029327)
So, are we now seeing the end of karma? Although the symbol is still there under peoples user names and it still works, when viewing your own profile no mention of karma points.
Has the new Like taken over?
Or is it because the link for 'my profile' has been removed and we now must use 'your profile' under quick links, or have I not yet found where the link has been moved to?
What a wonderful day for the site, no more bitching karma threads started by the ignorant that feel hard done by.
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/i...le/alright.gif

O.K. but think of the pleasure these threads give people like me, who choose to laugh at the sad gets.:D by the way cheers Roy, nice work.;)

vecrra 25-11-2012 09:55

Nice one Roy. Appreciate all the time and effort that you give. Pleased to see the arcade is back. :)

flashy 25-11-2012 09:58

like it, a lot

odders 25-11-2012 10:12

It's looking good, thanks.:alright:

maxthecollie 25-11-2012 12:02

Seems a bit faster to me

Less 25-11-2012 12:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1029364)
Seems a bit faster to me

Perhaps your just reading faster?
:)