Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Accrington Forum News
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Forum News Read about the latest happenings on our site.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-11-2012, 03:55   #1
Roy
Administrator

Exclamation Maintenance and Chaos...

Due to it being thanksgiving holidays here in the good old US of A right now, I may get time to upgrade the forum software. I've done a fair bit of prep work so hopefully when I do pull the plug, the site shouldn't be down for more than about 8 hours!

I plan to start this tomorrow evening (Saturday 24th Nov), at around 22:00 UK time (maybe earlier, maybe not then at all).

I will warn you now, when the site comes back, it shall have some differences, and I'm sure 90% of you will hate it. But, needs must and I just have to get us onto some more up to date software
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-11-2012, 07:32   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Maintenance and Chaos...

90% of us Roy....don't you want to upgrade that estimate to 95%(sorry, I couldn't resist)
Roy likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2012, 10:47   #3
Senior Member+

thats a bit short notice, it doesn't give me time to get sedatives to cope without the site not being there.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2012, 17:11   #4
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
I will warn you now, when the site comes back, it shall have some differences, and I'm sure 90% of you will hate it. But, needs must and I just have to get us onto some more up to date software
The members are revolting - I know, I know...
Old 24-11-2012, 21:48   #5
Senior Member+

I like it the way it is now !
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2012, 02:09   #6
Roy
Administrator

Ok, we are back! I couldn't go through with the super duper total change upgrade, I just didn't have the style right yet. However all the forum/gallery/blogs etc have been updated and some small changes made.
Let me know what problems you have and I'll try to get them sorted out this week. The gallery could have lots of problems, as I've upgraded it from it's 3 year old version!
cashman and odders like this.
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2012, 09:02   #7
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

So, are we now seeing the end of karma? Although the symbol is still there under peoples user names and it still works, when viewing your own profile no mention of karma points.
Has the new Like taken over?
Or is it because the link for 'my profile' has been removed and we now must use 'your profile' under quick links, or have I not yet found where the link has been moved to?
What a wonderful day for the site, no more bitching karma threads started by the ignorant that feel hard done by.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2012, 09:47   #8
Beacon of light

I'm just glad the likes aren't linked to FB....you know the kind of thing 'like me on FB'.

I was a bit perturbed when I tried to have a few minutes on here last night and the site was noted as 'undergoing essential maintenance'.
I was worried about what I might find when I logged on this morning(especially as I am part of the misunderstood 95%).......but I am pleasantly pleased Roy.
I think major changes done in stages, are perhaps a bit less of a challenge to us.
Thank you Roy, for your sterling work.
I really do appreciate it......and I'm sure that i am not the only one.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2012, 10:02   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I'm just glad the likes aren't linked to FB....you know the kind of thing 'like me on FB'.

I was a bit perturbed when I tried to have a few minutes on here last night and the site was noted as 'undergoing essential maintenance'.
I was worried about what I might find when I logged on this morning(especially as I am part of the misunderstood 95%).......but I am pleasantly pleased Roy.
I think major changes done in stages, are perhaps a bit less of a challenge to us.
Thank you Roy, for your sterling work.
I really do appreciate it......and I'm sure that i am not the only one.
Sad to say, I've found the my profile link, it was staring me in the face, under your notifications.

So karma points still in use I'm afraid.
Roy and Restless like this.
Old 25-11-2012, 10:30   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
So, are we now seeing the end of karma? Although the symbol is still there under peoples user names and it still works, when viewing your own profile no mention of karma points.
Has the new Like taken over?
Or is it because the link for 'my profile' has been removed and we now must use 'your profile' under quick links, or have I not yet found where the link has been moved to?
What a wonderful day for the site, no more bitching karma threads started by the ignorant that feel hard done by.
O.K. but think of the pleasure these threads give people like me, who choose to laugh at the sad gets. by the way cheers Roy, nice work.
Roy likes this.
Old 25-11-2012, 10:55   #11

Smile Re: Maintenance and Chaos...

Nice one Roy. Appreciate all the time and effort that you give. Pleased to see the arcade is back.
Roy likes this.
Old 25-11-2012, 10:58   #12
God Member

like it, a lot
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2012, 11:12   #13

It's looking good, thanks.
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2012, 13:02   #14
Senior Member+

Seems a bit faster to me
Roy likes this.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2012, 13:25   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Seems a bit faster to me
Perhaps your just reading faster?

Tags
chaos, downtime, upgrade

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..