Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Accrington Forum News
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Forum News Read about the latest happenings on our site.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2003, 10:49   #16
I am Banned

Post Re: Keeping things on-topic!

Moaning?  Your accusing me of moaning?  Oh dear.. Take you off what?
Did you even bother to read my post properly? Obviously not.

All this just because I didnt wish you happy birthday... tsk
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-10-2003, 11:28   #17
Roy
Administrator

So here's what I'm gonna do - remove the top 5 posters (was already planned) and get rid of the anything goes section from the last 10,20,50 posts and move all silly messages into anything goes.  I don't think the chat room really works anyway as it is open all the time and hardly anyone uses it. Then I need help from everyone - if something is getting silly or you think is in the wrong forum then please use the report function and tell me about it.  I don't have time anymore to read all the forum completely as it has got quite big so really need people to use the report function.

To owd_bert - please don't go, we are gonna get this sorted!
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 11:28   #18
Roy
Administrator

forgot to add, any more suggestions people - I want to try to keep everyone happy!
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 11:31   #19
Junior Member+

sorry about happyone roy but  harry has been riding the backs of the people having fun  maybe  it was in the wrong thing  but   happy didnt bother when his  thread have been used for fun
Old 01-10-2003, 11:38   #20
I am Banned

Quote:
harry has been riding the backs of the people having fun
really? Where ?

Quote:
happy didnt bother when his  thread have been used for fun
And i didnt bother when my threads where being used for fun either.. In fact if you care to read I joined in a lot of them..

Try re reading my post and undrstanding what I am on about.

I dont suppose you can even see the irony in you moaning about my supposed moaning can you?

Old 01-10-2003, 12:49   #21
Caz
God Member

Just been reading this thread.

This is getting silly!
Surely we all can take some constructive comments!

I admit to at one stage being a culprit in this problem myself, although I would like to think I have made quite a few worthwhile posts as well.

As soon as the problem was pointed out with the wheelie thread, I took that comment on board. It was looking ridiculous.

I have, since then, been checking regularly via the top 50 posts, and what Harry said still applies for different reasons.

As regards Harry riding on the backs of people having fun – he’s got to be the most subtly funny person on here!

About happyone’s threads being used for fun, they were all started for fun anyway! I’m sure he would be annoyed if he had a really serious topic turned into a joke.

I think removing the anything goes section from the last 10/20/50 posts is an excellent idea, Roy. Also the removal of the top 5 posters column is a good idea. Comments previously seen in the forum have proved what you said to be true.

How about sending out IMs to everyone setting a few more ground rules.

The saddest thing in all this is that we may have lost Owd Bert’s Old Accy thread.

Please reconsider Bert.  Your  contribution is entertaining and informative and we don’t want to lose you!

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 12:55   #22
I am Banned

phew

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..