Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Accrington Forum News
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Forum News Read about the latest happenings on our site.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-12-2007, 12:46   #31
God Member

Re: Site upgraded and Blogs recovered from the past......

Can I please make one minor critisicm??

Ok will do it anyway!!!

I'm really not keen on the new smilies and it takes too long to access the others. I don't think the new ones are emotive enough, like the big cheesy grin or winking smilie we had before. I know they are still there but it takes so long to access them!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-12-2007, 14:42   #32

i think its a good idea
Old 31-12-2007, 14:49   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
Can I please make one minor critisicm??

Ok will do it anyway!!!

I'm really not keen on the new smilies and it takes too long to access the others. I don't think the new ones are emotive enough, like the big cheesy grin or winking smilie we had before. I know they are still there but it takes so long to access them!!!

you aint on your own there Lesley, i dont like them either, they dont express your emotions like the others did

ROY PLEASE CAN WE HAVE THEM BACK??? PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE
Old 31-12-2007, 15:07   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
you aint on your own there Lesley, i dont like them either, they dont express your emotions like the others did

ROY PLEASE CAN WE HAVE THEM BACK??? PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE

I agree with you and Harwood Red. I'm not fond of these new smilies either.
Old 31-12-2007, 15:42   #35
Resident Waffler

The old ones are still there but maybe we could have the best of both worlds and keep the penguins but not have them prominent and have the old ones back in the side panel.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 17:55   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
The old ones are still there but maybe we could have the best of both worlds and keep the penguins but not have them prominent and have the old ones back in the side panel.
That's the best option willow, I like the ease of just clicking on any smilies on the right and only ever venture in the more section when I need different ones for special occasions, like birthday's etc

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
Old 31-12-2007, 18:13   #37
God Member

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU ROY for bringing our smilie's plus more back...crikey how many drinks do I owe you now???

Old 31-12-2007, 19:52   #38
Senior Member+

i like the new one too
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 20:23   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I had to make it private two yers ago, after a bit of a hoo-ha.

When they came back today, mine was public again, so I've had to reprivatise it.

If there's a way of editing out every reference to persons other than myself, it might someday reappear.

I did re-read some of it today. Boo-hoo, I've not slept. This disease is a nightmare, and then there were the name dropping entries, listing people I 'knew'.

Some of it was funny though, and did make me laugh, and self amusment is such a nice quality to possess.

I have blogged anonymously on a site, these past two years, and it did allow one a certain freedom to be more...graphic, but I do miss my old journal on here. It was like a diary, but it spoke back to you.

Therein lay the problem. It wasn't a private diary. One in which I could air all my family's linen.

Time to shut up waffling, or this post will look like a blog entry.

I've not had experience of blogs, either on here or elsewhere so I'm not having a go at you, merely asking a question.

I was under the impression that a blog is supposed to be read by others so what's the point of writing a blog that only you can access on a forum?

You might aswell just write in a diary at home if there's only you reading it.
Old 31-12-2007, 20:24   #40
God Member

Thanks for putting the old smilies back, Roy.
Old 31-12-2007, 20:47   #41
God Member

fank woo woy
Old 31-12-2007, 23:50   #42
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I've not had experience of blogs, either on here or elsewhere so I'm not having a go at you, merely asking a question.

I was under the impression that a blog is supposed to be read by others so what's the point of writing a blog that only you can access on a forum?

You might aswell just write in a diary at home if there's only you reading it.
I've written a diary every day since I was seventeen, that was until having Parkinson's made that physically impossible. I used the blog on AW as my own diary, and mentioned private family things that were happening at the time, that I shouldn't have.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 12:10   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I've written a diary every day since I was seventeen, that was until having Parkinson's made that physically impossible. I used the blog on AW as my own diary, and mentioned private family things that were happening at the time, that I shouldn't have.

Ah right. Thanks for that. I understand now.
Old 01-01-2008, 13:11   #44

its pretty cool reading what every body was thinking all that time ago

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..