Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions and help! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/)
-   -   Rules of engagement (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/rules-of-engagement-24664.html)

AccyJay 08-10-2006 13:39

Re: Rules of engagement

Quote:

Originally Posted by lettie
It is a puzzler... I'm sure that I became thicker after 1,000 posts :D ... Maybe it's changed:confused:

lol. What a great choice of words.

:D

cherokee 08-10-2006 13:52

well i think i prefer to stay skinny and black ...all this talk about thick and green is putting me off ....lmao

Tricia 08-10-2006 13:57

I am already green. As I have already demonstrated, I don't know much... :)

...and also I recycle a lot.

But I want to be thick and green. (No nasty comments, please.) :rolleyes:

Will someone ple-e-e-ase tell me, where is the PayPal button?

Tricia

Gayle 08-10-2006 14:01

Try here

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/payments.php

Mick 08-10-2006 14:02

Go to your user cp look down the list i think its about 4th from the bottom paid subscriptions click on this and paypal is there

AccyJay 08-10-2006 14:05

I don't have "PayPal". Is there any other way to donate?

WillowTheWhisp 08-10-2006 14:09

I think it's gone AWOL Tricia. Maybe it wasn't put back on after Roy changed the server. There used to be a small oblong button with the word "donate" on it at the bottom of the page.

Hey guys I don't think Tricia was intending to sound critical of AccyWeb or the administrator and moderators, just offering a suggestion about something that might help newbies find their way around a bit easier. As one of the old hands on here and on message boards in general (having erved as moderator nd administrator on several) it's easy to forget how confusing it may all seem to someone who is totally new. We all have to start somewhere.

WillowTheWhisp 08-10-2006 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick
Go to your user cp look down the list i think its about 4th from the bottom paid subscriptions click on this and paypal is there

oops see it isn't just newbies who can't find their way around! :D I never looked there. I was looking for the old fashioned button on a page! Thanks Mick.:)

WillowTheWhisp 09-10-2006 07:57

I think I've got it sussed!

Ignoring the yellow people ( sorry Neil - GOLD people) who are merely that colour because they won the coveted awards (best whinger, that kind of thing) there was a time when we had a shop on here and we could buy things with our ackers. One of the things we could buy was a colour for our names. I had a purple one. In fact I had it twice because I bought a purple name, that got hijacked in an upgrade round about the same time that we lost all our ackers in a bank raid and had the rest devalued due to AccyWeb inflation. I saved up again for another one, this time a slightly lighter shade as I recall.

Other people preferred to purchase thngs like a drop shadow, a reverse image and Tealeaf if I remember correctly bought a scribble so you couldn't read his name at all!!!

It looks to me like all those of us who donated to AccyWeb now have green names and those of us who had previously puchased a different colour or name variant are now the ones with thick green names.

Unless of course anyone knows differently - and it's no good asking Roy cos he hasn't a clue!
:D

lettie 09-10-2006 08:34

Hmmmm... The only thing is with the name buying and thick green theory is that I have never bought any kind of name variation??? All my ackers were spent in the pet shops.:D

Mick 09-10-2006 08:38

And just to make things even more confusing i have donated and have over 1000 posts and my name is still black work that out

Neil 09-10-2006 09:38

There is a logical explaination for all these colour, thick ,thin problems.
According to Roy yesterday in The Stag, he has forgotten what thin, thick, green etc means himself :D :D :D

WillowTheWhisp 09-10-2006 12:14

Just because he's forgtten Neil doesn't mean that it didn't once mean something at one time! :D

Neil 11-10-2006 08:15

Thats true Willow but, I think too much beer has past his lips for him to ever remember, he might have to check through the forum code to work it out again :D

WillowTheWhisp 11-10-2006 08:23

Don't even suggest that to him Neil! He'll get lost in there and we may never see him again!!!! :D