Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions and help! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/)
-   -   Partition (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/partition-32883.html)

Royboy39 14-08-2007 22:43

Partition

Can we please have a separate section for the ACCYWEB socialites where they can carry on the banter between themselves.
Serious issues are being ignored..........as Less says 'I have worked hard to get Accyweb where it is today..........don't let him down.

katex 14-08-2007 22:57

Re: Partition

Oh dear .. feel a Mary Whitehouse clone in our midst .. can't wait to see the posts in the morning on this one .. including Less.

I'm being a coward and >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>... running like hell ..... :D:D

Royboy39 14-08-2007 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 460370)
Oh dear .. feel a Mary Whitehouse clone in our midst .. can't wait to see the posts in the morning on this one .. including Less.

I'm being a coward and >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>... running like hell ..... :D:D

How wrong can you be.........not a prude but I feel the forum is going downhill fast.........that was a quote from Less not my words.
Watch this space!!!!!!!!!!!
Going to bed now.......sleep well.

lancsdave 14-08-2007 23:11

Isn't the idea of the forum to be a social forum ?

As I recall most of Less's comments lately have been about newbies who complain about the forum as soon as they join.

Doug 14-08-2007 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 460382)

As I recall most of Less's comments lately have been about newbies who complain about the forum as soon as they join.

I must say Dave, listening to your lot on the drive home tonight you where lucky to get through.

BERNADETTE 14-08-2007 23:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 460382)

As a newbie I have to agree with that, though I have no complaints well maybe one why all the fuss about karma? It ain't going to change your life so why let it bother you?:confused::confused::confused:

cashman 14-08-2007 23:29

theres always been banter as well as serious in threads since i have been here anyway, if ya want dead serious royboy, join the masons.:rofl38:

BERNADETTE 14-08-2007 23:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 460405)
theres always been banter as well as serious in threads since i have been here anyway, if ya want dead serious royboy, join the masons.:rofl38:

What and miss out on the fun on here he would be barmy:Banane21:

accymel 14-08-2007 23:35

When i welcome new people im always honest & tell em its a madhouse:D

lancsdave 14-08-2007 23:37

Quote:

theres always been banter as well as serious in threads since i have been here anyway,

Presumably thats why it has so many sections, so people can choose which ones to post in ?

shillelagh 14-08-2007 23:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 460354)
Can we please have a separate section for the ACCYWEB socialites where they can carry on the banter between themselves.

There is one its called Anything Goes or the Over 18's :D:D:D

SPUGGIE J 14-08-2007 23:55

We need one for verbal boxing matches pref in the over 18's. :)

garinda 14-08-2007 23:58

Quote:

Well said.

This forum has always been a place for fun threads, as well as debating more serious issues.

By the way Less is the biggest socialite going. He's always fondly harping back to when Accy Web was even more fun that it is now, so get used to it.

I suggest that if people don't like it, they don't have to come here.

Since this has turned into yet another moany old thread, I'll stick my two penn'orth in as well.

I'm board rigid with the recent cut and paste threads. You know the ones, paste a story, usually from the LET, and ask and 'what do you think?', with no input at all from the person who started the thread.

Shoddy, shoddy, shoddy, and I for one try never to post in them. I'm not naming the main culprit. He knows who he is, but I think this thread may infact be complaining about the recent threads started by himself that haven't received much attention, and even fewer posts in them.

Gosh, that feels so much better.
Garinda.
(Head Debutante and aspiring socialite.)

SPUGGIE J 15-08-2007 00:07

So we need a party area a serious area and an outrageous area :D

garinda 15-08-2007 00:07

I suppose 'socialite' is another way of suggesting that there is some sort of Accy Web mafia. There isn't, and that's nonsense....as the Godfather of the mafia has stated many times before, when it's been raised.:D

I found AW just over two years ago, on a wild and wintry night. I didn't know anyone, but received a warm welcome, which is still the case.

I think my chief benefit was not coming on here and trying to change the forum into something else.

It is what it is, and I, amongst others, love it.:)