Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions and help! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/)
-   -   Aster1x swear**g. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/aster1x-swear-g-38391.html)

garinda 07-04-2008 23:25

Aster1x swear**g.

I've noticed recently that we seem to be slipping back into getting past the swearing issue by use of the asterix, or alpha-numeric words.

Could please we remember that this is a family forum, and besides having members here who are children, we also have people of all ages who mightn't want to read bad language, no matter how it's barely disguised.

I'm no prude, but for adult themed posts we have the over 18 section, and besides, I'm sure we all have the necessary vocabulary to say what we mean without having to resort to bad language.:)

There was a post about this from Mick, which makes it very clear what is, and isn't acceptable.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ing-28004.html

steeljack 08-04-2008 01:31

Re: Aster1x swear**g.

1 Attachment(s)
leave Asterix alone , he's one of my heros , whats next .....a ban on TinTin

BERNADETTE 08-04-2008 02:36

I thought text talk was another one, that also seems to be slipping by the board.

mez 08-04-2008 07:32

i agree with both of you on this subject, its not needed at all.

lindsay ormerod 08-04-2008 16:37

I agree, and when I slap people's wrists for it on the Stanley forum I get accused of being a bore ! :eek:

Neil 08-04-2008 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod (Post 559214)
I agree, and when I slap people's wrists for it on the Stanley forum I get accused of being a bore ! :eek:

Just remove their posts if they argue back after rule braking. I thought argueing with a mod is also against the rules.

Doug 08-04-2008 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 558890)
I've noticed recently that we seem to be slipping back into getting past the swearing issue by use of the asterix, or alpha-numeric words.

Could please we remember that this is a family forum, and besides having members here who are children, we also have people of all ages who mightn't want to read bad language, no matter how it's barely disguised.

I'm no prude, but for adult themed posts we have the over 18 section, and besides, I'm sure we all have the necessary vocabulary to say what we mean without having to resort to bad language.:)

There was a post about this from Mick, which makes it very clear what is, and isn't acceptable.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ing-28004.html

Well, that's me buggered then. First and final ban on it's way I suppose.

Neil 08-04-2008 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug (Post 559244)
Well, that's me buggered then. First and final ban on it's way I suppose.

****** - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

derekgas 08-04-2008 17:44

I will have to admit to being guilty of this, i presumed it ok because others were doing the same, point taken garinda, as it was when mick posted it, it does seem that a reminder was required though, there is no call for it, and no argument against it.

lancsdave 08-04-2008 17:54

It's not bleeping big and it's not bleeping clever :D

Just so the newbies like Garinda are aware, if a post offends press the red triangle :p

Len 08-04-2008 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 559284)
if a post offends press the red triangle

That would be great as it would help us no-end because at the end of the day, we can’t always view every single post that has been posted and it’s down to everyone to help look after accyweb.

:)

pipinfort 10-04-2008 14:05

Well i must agree i am guilty of this but thought it was acceptable as i`d already seen it done. Its all very good and well having an 18 section but how do you get into that unless you are known to be 18? i`m well over believe me , i would like access , give it to me....Now. Only joking although as i`m approaching 1000 posts it would be nice.

garinda 10-04-2008 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by pipinfort (Post 560013)
Well i must agree i am guilty of this but thought it was acceptable as i`d already seen it done. Its all very good and well having an 18 section but how do you get into that unless you are known to be 18? i`m well over believe me , i would like access , give it to me....Now. Only joking although as i`m approaching 1000 posts it would be nice.

Contact a moderator with proof of age, or get someone who knows you to vouch for your age....hey presto, you'll be in.

pipinfort 10-04-2008 14:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 560027)
Contact a moderator with proof of age, or get someone who knows you to vouch for your age....hey presto, you'll be in.

If i contacted a mod what could i use as proof of age?

lancsdave 10-04-2008 14:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by pipinfort (Post 560037)
If i contacted a mod what could i use as proof of age?

Credit card number and the security code on the back usually swings it :D