Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions and help! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/)
-   -   Is it happening to you? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/is-it-happening-to-you-58168.html)

jaysay 13-02-2012 18:05

Re: Is it happening to you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 970033)
After spending minutes if not hours making sure you've mispelt everything, what difference in this world do 7 or 8 seconds make?

When you've got the life expectancy that I have Less, a hell of a blood lot mate I can tell you :D

mobertol 08-03-2012 18:33

Made the mistake of opening Accyweb on Google chrome, it sort of jiggles up and down -very annoying. Gone back to old faithful internet explorer and it doesn't happen...

Margaret Pilkington 08-03-2012 19:32

Dianne....convert to Firefox........much better that IE.
I know....I took some convincing too, but believe me it is so much better.

Firefox was recommended by Garinda and Cashy.......they did not let me down.

Neil 09-03-2012 01:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 976207)
Made the mistake of opening Accyweb on Google chrome, it sort of jiggles up and down -very annoying. Gone back to old faithful internet explorer and it doesn't happen...

Chrome is all I use and it works perfectly on AccyWeb

jaysay 09-03-2012 08:38

I'm on E9 thats fine with AccyWeb too

jaysay 26-03-2012 09:44

Just wondering if this happens to anybody else, quite often I'll be typing a post and when I look at the screen, the cursor has jumped back to the text I've already typed in and the last few wards are written in the middle of that text, happens quite a lot, well about once a day and its not just on here, does this happen to anybody else. Mind you this has always happened so its not just this computer its happened on others too

Less 26-03-2012 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 980067)
Just wondering if this happens to anybody else, quite often I'll be typing a post and when I look at the screen, the cursor has jumped back to the text I've already typed in and the last few wards are written in the middle of that text, happens quite a lot, well about once a day and its not just on here, does this happen to anybody else. Mind you this has always happened so its not just this computer its happened on others too

Oh, how wonderful, thank you, I shall be smiling for the rest of the day.
The problem is the same one that causes all your spelling mistakes, YOU!

Please don't worry about it, we don't, just carry on regardless we will decipher it somehow.

jaysay 26-03-2012 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 980070)

Please don't worry about it, we don't, just carry on regardless we will decipher it somehow.

No it isn't Less believe me, I'll take credit for spelling mistakes, but sometimes the computer has a mind of its own

Restless 09-04-2012 17:04

I have converted to chrome too. I love how it remembers all your saved links and stuff when you sign into google.... and on linux it is now running better than firefox

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 976281)
Chrome is all I use and it works perfectly on AccyWeb

mobertol 18-07-2012 11:16

I can't see any links posted on Accyweb -has been happening for a few days. Even the ones I post myself! Have discovered that if i click on quote then I can see the links -strange to say the least. Any idea why this is happening. Technical advice needed.

Please bear in mind I am a self-taught computer user -so not too technical!

As an afterthought - I can see peoples photos though...

claytonx 18-07-2012 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 980070)

John, I have that problem,but I find if I move the arrow away say into the top corner of the screen it keeps it out of the way.

MargaretR 18-07-2012 12:26

A possible solution for Jaysay -

Big Keys Keyboards - Get the latest Big Key Keyboards at Low Prices

"The Big Keys range is a special range for individuals with visual impairments or learning difficulties. Through years of scientific research, Big Keys have produced a range of products which assist people with a variety of difficulties through the use of colour keys and large key sizing. The key size on these large key keyboards is 1 inch squared."

cashman 18-07-2012 13:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1003325)
A possible solution for Jaysay -

Big Keys Keyboards - Get the latest Big Key Keyboards at Low Prices

"The Big Keys range is a special range for individuals with visual impairments or learning difficulties. Through years of scientific research, Big Keys have produced a range of products which assist people with a variety of difficulties through the use of colour keys and large key sizing. The key size on these large key keyboards is 1 inch squared."

Don't think its sod all to do wi key size,to be honest.:D

MargaretR 18-07-2012 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1003331)
Don't think its sod all to do wi key size,to be honest.:D

Sometimes my typing gets a 'glitch' and I found that it happened when I accidentally touched one of those obscure keys that I don't use much - such as 'Alt' or 'Crtl'. I never took the trouble to find out what all the keyboard keys did. The F keys are a complete mystery to me.

cashman 18-07-2012 14:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1003334)
Sometimes my typing gets a 'glitch' and I found that it happened when I accidentally touched one of those obscure keys that I don't use much - such as 'Alt' or 'Crtl'. I never took the trouble to find out what all the keyboard keys did. The F keys are a complete mystery to me.

I also aint the remotest idea what those keys are or they do.:confused::D