Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions and help! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/)
-   -   Is it happening to you? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/is-it-happening-to-you-58168.html)

cashman 09-06-2011 13:22

Is it happening to you?

Yesterday @Today Accyweb is going "Dead Slow" when clicking on stuff, seems fine on other sites i go on, am now brassed off n sodding off fer a while:(

garinda 09-06-2011 13:31

Re: Is it happening to you?

Ok, for me today.

Margaret Pilkington 09-06-2011 13:37

It was like that for me a few weeks ago.
It worried me a bit. I thought that the machine had picked up something nasty(although, I would have been surprised as the antivirus I use is spot on)...anyway I ran a big scan, nothing showed up.

I had been getting alerts that my browser was out of date and urged to update to IE9.........and I did this.....things ran faster and much more smoothly, but I was impressed with IE9.......was advised to convert to Firefox as a browser.
Since then...much much better. Faster, smoother and with fewer bugs.

I know this won't much help your query Cashy, as you were one of the peeople who advised Firefox......so I assume that is what you are currently using.
Maybe you need to upgrade to a newer version.
What do I know?(Not a lot).

Royboy39 09-06-2011 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 911256)
Yesterday @Today Accyweb is going "Dead Slow" when clicking on stuff, seems fine on other sites i go on, am now brassed off n sodding off fer a while:(

Could it be to do with that iffy ad at the top of the page?:confused:

cashman 09-06-2011 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 911259)
It was like that for me a few weeks ago.
It worried me a bit. I thought that the machine had picked up something nasty(although, I would have been surprised as the antivirus I use is spot on)...anyway I ran a big scan, nothing showed up.

I had been getting alerts that my browser was out of date and urged to update to IE9.........and I did this.....things ran faster and much more smoothly, but I was impressed with IE9.......was advised to convert to Firefox as a browser.
Since then...much much better. Faster, smoother and with fewer bugs.

I know this won't much help your query Cashy, as you were one of the peeople who advised Firefox......so I assume that is what you are currently using.
Maybe you need to upgrade to a newer version.
What do I know?(Not a lot).

it usually tells me about upgrades, so dont think its that.:confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 911260)
Could it be to do with that iffy ad at the top of the page?:confused:

dunno roy, but its still at it.:(

mallard 09-06-2011 14:31

its ok

Retlaw 09-06-2011 15:33

Quote:

Accy web has been slow to open for weeks now.
All other sites open normaly. One site tells me to upgrade to IE 8 or 9, but when I do those dammed pop ups "script error on line ???" "do you wish to continue", start appearing. My pop up blocker is set to maximum.

Retlaw

jaysay 09-06-2011 17:49

It varies with me some days its a bit slow, but funnily its like grease lightning today:D

cashman 09-06-2011 20:59

still taking 3/4 mins to open a page as the norm, some even longer.:( whatever the cause can only put folk off imho.:(

Tealeaf 10-06-2011 07:36

Why don't you put 50p in the electric meter and then see if it runs any faster?

Mick 10-06-2011 07:40

There are 2 reasons this could be happening
1) the site is doing an auto backup
2) Roy is mucking about updating things changing things or adding things
if it was at night then its a good chance it was a backup
if during the day it more lightly to be Roy
hope this helps

Neil 10-06-2011 07:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 911322)
still taking 3/4 mins to open a page as the norm, some even longer.:( whatever the cause can only put folk off imho.:(

Which browser are you using or have you tried?

Try opening a private browsing window and log into AccyWeb again. If it is ok then it is probably something in your cache/cookie that is slowing you down. Another member had a problem unable to login, when she tried the private browsing it worked ok so I said to clear cache, cookies and history and try again.

To do this in Firefox or Internet Explorer press CTRL SHIFT P
In Google Chrome its called incognito browsing and you press CTRL SHIFT N

Try it next time its being slow because I was on about the same time last night when you posted and it was ok for me so it looks like your PC/connection.

Is it just AccyWeb thats slow or other sites as well?

cashman 10-06-2011 08:58

only happening on accyweb,neil am using firefox, ta fer instructions but useless to me, aint a clue. dont even know what "Shift Key" is.:confused:

jaysay 10-06-2011 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 911357)
only happening on accyweb,neil am using firefox, ta fer instructions but useless to me, aint a clue. dont even know what "Shift Key" is.:confused:

:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::r ofl38::rofl38:

Thats a classic cashy:D

Benipete 10-06-2011 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 911357)

It's the key between Ctrl and Caps Lock.:)

cashman 10-06-2011 10:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benipete (Post 911370)
It's the key between Ctrl and Caps Lock.:)

cheers just sussed it.:)

Margaret Pilkington 10-06-2011 10:45

so are you going to clear your cache now Cashy?
I was going to suggest that you might need to do that, but I also know you are not very 'au fait' with the technological terms(I'm not being unkind, just truthful :)).......and Neil explained it far better than I ever could.
Don't want Mancie telling me that I am long winded...he seems to like insulting me these days!

cashman 10-06-2011 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 911376)
so are you going to clear your cache now Cashy?
I was going to suggest that you might need to do that, but I also know you are not very 'au fait' with the technological terms(I'm not being unkind, just truthful :)).......and Neil explained it far better than I ever could.
Don't want Mancie telling me that I am long winded...he seems to like insulting me these days!

have updated firefox, have cleared cache i think:confused: still not any better, in fact Milk turns quicker.:eek:

Margaret Pilkington 10-06-2011 11:48

Cashy why don't you let Mick have a look at it for you?
I'm sure he would sort you out...for the price of a pint and a packet of pork scratchings!

It is really infuriating when things are so slow.

Neil 10-06-2011 11:49

Please try Internet Explorer and see if its quicker just to show if it is a problem with Firefox

Mick 10-06-2011 12:07

I use IE9 and the site is running fine on it

cashman 10-06-2011 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 911393)
Please try Internet Explorer and see if its quicker just to show if it is a problem with Firefox

Just tried it= Just the same.:(

Neil 10-06-2011 13:46

Right at the bottom left of the page is a box that probably says AccyWeb Red 3.8.0 in it. If you click it and click mobile you get the mobile page, just see if that is faster please. Its horrible on a PC and you can click 'Full Version' at the bottom left of the page to get back to the normal red version.

Just see if the mobile version is faster.

cashman 10-06-2011 13:55

Posted via Mobile Device just clicked mobile its slightly quicker but still slow, by the the way when i used I.E. i clicked log out n it took 15/16 mins to actually do so. by the way was nowt to click at bottom of page to get back, had to log out n restart.:confused:

Royboy39 10-06-2011 14:04

I am using Chrome and I have no problems.

jaysay 10-06-2011 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 911380)
have updated firefox, have cleared cache i think:confused: still not any better, in fact Milk turns quicker.:eek:

Cashy I've been telling you for ages its time to update from gas to electricity mate, I'm sure that will sort the problem out:D

Benipete 10-06-2011 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 911458)
Cashy I've been telling you for ages its time to update from gas to electricity mate, I'm sure that will sort the problem out:D

You will not change tread mill Cashey:D:D

DaveinGermany 10-06-2011 22:02

Some basic fault finding 1) Is the Hamster still alive ? When yes feed it, when no get a new one ! ;) :D

AngleIron 11-06-2011 08:19

Quote:

Cashy....Download and run CCleaner, it's free and should do the trick...

can get it from File Hippo

cashman 11-06-2011 08:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngleIron (Post 911540)
Cashy....Download and run CCleaner, it's free and should do the trick...

can get it from File Hippo

had CCleaner fer years mate run it every day, funny though its gone ok this morning, musta been gremlins.:D

Margaret Pilkington 11-06-2011 16:48

Glad to hear that the bugs have moved on Cashy.

cashman 11-06-2011 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 911598)
Glad to hear that the bugs have moved on Cashy.

ta margaret, shame the insects are still around.:D

Margaret Pilkington 11-06-2011 21:35

Yes...think I might see if I have any of that 'knockdown' spray...it says it is good for all flying insects....:D

jaysay 12-06-2011 08:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 911635)
Yes...think I might see if I have any of that 'knockdown' spray...it says it is good for all flying insects....:D

Be careful though Margaret, Bee's can still sting when they're dead:Dand thats still bloody annoying:rolleyes:

Margaret Pilkington 12-06-2011 09:11

I never pick the dead insects up.......I have a vacuum nozzle that does it better than I ever could.......sometimes I use it to catch the lazy bluebottles too...you can hear them coughing all the way down the tube :D

jaysay 12-06-2011 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 911663)
I never pick the dead insects up.......I have a vacuum nozzle that does it better than I ever could.......sometimes I use it to catch the lazy bluebottles too...you can hear them coughing all the way down the tube :D

Looks like that could be a great way to deal with Bees;):rolleyes::D

Margaret Pilkington 12-06-2011 10:06

No comment John, No comment.

MargaretR 09-08-2011 16:47

Patience is a virtue but extreme sluggishness of this site today has tried mine.
Other sites I visit are fine.
I have done a disc clean up and a defrag in the vain hope that it would help - it didn't.

jaysay 09-08-2011 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 924821)
Patience is a virtue but extreme sluggishness of this site today has tried mine.
Other sites I visit are fine.
I have done a disc clean up and a defrag in the vain hope that it would help - it didn't.

It was like that for me yesterday Margaret, In fact it was so bad I actually rebooted my computer to see if it was my laptop, but it was fine last night and earlier today

Margaret Pilkington 09-08-2011 18:04

I had the same problem yesterday too. Today it has been a bit on the slow side, but nothing like yesterday.

heth 16-08-2011 13:06

Started running slow again and then kicked me out!

Think its everyone though as when I have logged back only 4 people are logged in! :D

Ahhhhhhhhh not just me!

cashman 16-08-2011 13:13

just took me approx 25 mins to get accyweb to load, other things have been fine.

Retlaw 16-08-2011 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by heth (Post 927031)
Started running slow again and then kicked me out!

Think its everyone though as when I have logged back only 4 people are logged in! :D

Ahhhhhhhhh not just me!

I got that this afternoon, when I finally got on there was only me, logged off, and back on again, and there was only thee and me.
Gonna ave to watch people ul start tawkin.
Now thurs a coule of dozen.

Retlaw.

heth 16-08-2011 14:57

Ohhhh just me and you eh??!! ;)

I never noticed! :D Only joking!! :D

odders 16-08-2011 15:13

Maybe that is why people cant get on BlackburnWeb:rolleyes:

Sorry but in all honesty, there are quite a few vBulletin forums I have tried accessing since last night, which seem to be either idol, or seriously slow.

katex 16-08-2011 16:44

I had problems at this time too ... not just Accyweb ...another forum. I refreshed and they came up again. Thought may have just been IE.

jaysay 16-08-2011 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by odders (Post 927060)
Maybe that is why people cant get on BlackburnWeb:rolleyes:

Sorry but in all honesty, there are quite a few vBulletin forums I have tried accessing since last night, which seem to be either idol, or seriously slow.

Blackburn web seems to have done a runner and its the same vBulletin used on here but I've had no trouble what so ever getting on here odders:confused:

Retlaw 16-08-2011 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 927081)
I had problems at this time too ... not just Accyweb ...another forum. I refreshed and they came up again. Thought may have just been IE.

Methinks its BT fffin about, where are the servers that operate Accy Web, and how many exchanges does the info have to pass through, before it hits the screen,
I can spend several hours a day searching Ancestry for Info, all the documents I'm looking at are the same size, yet they load faster at different times of the day, weekends things are really slow.

Retlaw.

Less 16-08-2011 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retlaw (Post 927142)
Methinks its BT fffin about, where are the servers that operate Accy Web, and how many exchanges does the info have to pass through, before it hits the screen,
I can spend several hours a day searching Ancestry for Info, all the documents I'm looking at are the same size, yet they load faster at different times of the day, weekends things are really slow.

Retlaw.

They are and always have been in America.

garinda 16-08-2011 20:01

I think this is just the beginning of the end.

It's all downhill from here on in.

We were warned.

Some of you scoffed.

:rolleyes:

Retlaw 16-08-2011 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 927146)
They are and always have been in America.

They do have a set up in this country, I have had emails from them, thanking me for correcting errors in their records.
All the faults I mentioned also occur when using documentsonline, which is based at the Public Record Office at Kew.

Retlaw.

Less 16-08-2011 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retlaw (Post 927142)

Retlaw.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retlaw (Post 927180)
They do have a set up in this country, I have had emails from them, thanking me for correcting errors in their records.
All the faults I mentioned also occur when using documentsonline, which is based at the Public Record Office at Kew.

Retlaw.

Excuse me Retlaw, you asked, where are the servers that operate Accy Web, I have just told you, they are and always have been in America.

Where documents online servers are I have no idea.
:)

Retlaw 16-08-2011 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 927194)
Excuse me Retlaw, you asked, where are the servers that operate Accy Web, I have just told you, they are and always have been in America.

Where documents online servers are I have no idea.

I thought you were refering to the servers Ancestry use.
Accy Web stored on servers in America, phew,
must be a kink in the transatlantic cable thats upsetting Cashy.:D
Are there no servers in this country.:)
Retlaw.

Less 16-08-2011 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retlaw (Post 927201)
I thought you were refering to the servers Ancestry use.
Accy Web stored on servers in America, phew,
must be a kink in the transatlantic cable thats upsetting Cashy.:D
Are there no servers in this country.:)
Retlaw.

There are plenty of servers in this country.

A few years ago Roy, Mick & I went over to a company in Manchester, Roy was considering moving from servers in America to here, (thoughts of a faster ping), but, the price of hiring a server here compared with there was high, (they offered him use of part of a server for almost twice what he was hiring a full server).
He decided against it as we would need to upgrade again very quickly to contain accyweb etc. now after many, many upgrades and expansions accyweb sits happily on two state of the art servers enjoying all the advantages of the land of the free.

as for any kinks, I think they must be this side of the pond because although some accywebbers are having problems, it doesn't seem to be the majority of us.

Margaret Pilkington 30-08-2011 13:42

For the last three days I have not been able to access Accyweb between 13.20 and 14.30.
I have used both firefox and IE as browsers and neither would load accyweb...has anyone else had the same problem.......all other sites load quickly with no problems.

MargaretR 30-08-2011 13:50

Me too

Margaret Pilkington 30-08-2011 13:55

Thank goodness it isn't only me......I did a full virus scan and nothing came up on that. Thanks for responding Margaret...glad I am not on my own.

katex 30-08-2011 15:54

Noticed it yesterday at this time. Not sure about the previous days, maybe wasn't on line then.

cashman 30-08-2011 16:18

yep ive had same problem, getting a real pain.:(

MargaretR 30-08-2011 16:52

When I managed to get the site back on, I knew it had affected more than just me because there were only 3 of us shown as being online

Retlaw 30-08-2011 16:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 929981)
For the last three days I have not been able to access Accyweb between 13.20 and 14.30.
I have used both firefox and IE as browsers and neither would load accyweb...has anyone else had the same problem.......all other sites load quickly with no problems.

Your not alone Margaret, same for me around the same time, just the black bar at bottom of screen starting to move then stops, and returns to white.
Tried other sites and they opened right away.
Them little Gremlins are at it again.
Retlaw

jaysay 30-08-2011 17:46

Roy might have been having a tinker

Less 30-08-2011 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 930044)
Roy might have been having a tinker

I doubt it, he is on a course somewhere in Texas.

(Lucky [expression not allowed on accyweb]).

jaysay 30-08-2011 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 930045)
I doubt it, he is on a course somewhere in Texas.

(Lucky [expression not allowed on accyweb]).

Well they are Less but ya get bared if ya use um:D:D

MargaretR 30-08-2011 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 930050)
Well they are Less but ya get bared if ya use um:D:D

Is that as in 'stripped naked in Woolworths'?

jaysay 30-08-2011 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 930055)
Is that as in 'stripped naked in Woolworths'?

Its anything you want it to be Margaret:D

Margaret Pilkington 30-08-2011 19:05

I tend to come on here around that time..lunch is over and himself has gone off to the bowling club and I can have a few quiet minutes...so that is how I know the timings.

Margaret Pilkington 30-08-2011 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retlaw (Post 930026)
Your not alone Margaret, same for me around the same time, just the black bar at bottom of screen starting to move then stops, and returns to white.
Tried other sites and they opened right away.
Them little Gremlins are at it again.
Retlaw

I got a 'timed out message' and was asked to try again later

Roy 30-08-2011 20:00

The server is undergoing stress at the moment, evil people trying to hack it and causing apache to throw a wobbler. Keep banning IP's and they keep coming back with new ones. Oh the joy! Time for the software to be upgraded and trimmed methinks...

shillelagh 30-08-2011 20:58

roy .. it wont let me in the arcade just tried it now .. it coming up 404

The webpage cannot be found
HTTP 404
Most likely causes:
•There might be a typing error in the address.
•If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.

What you can try:
Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

Go to and look for the information you want.

Neil 30-08-2011 21:00

Roy has posted that he has removed the arcade here

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy (Post 930074)
Unfortunately for security reasons the Arcade has been removed from the site.

There are security concerns with the current version of it and it has been targeted recently on our server.

When I perform a full forum upgrade it may well re-appear :D

cashman 30-08-2011 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy (Post 930073)
The server is undergoing stress at the moment, evil people trying to hack it and causing apache to throw a wobbler. Keep banning IP's and they keep coming back with new ones. Oh the joy! Time for the software to be upgraded and trimmed methinks...

Is there no way these scumbags can be tracked down?:confused:

jaysay 31-08-2011 08:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 930099)
Is there no way these scumbags can be tracked down?:confused:

To be quite honest I've always wondered why these crackpots do this, just trying to reek havoc for no reason, I mean what would anybody gain from hacking Accy Web:confused:

MargaretR 31-08-2011 08:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 930129)
To be quite honest I've always wondered why these crackpots do this, just trying to reek havoc for no reason, I mean what would anybody gain from hacking Accy Web:confused:

I agree - rather pointless isn't it?
....but then, so is hitting a little white ball with a stick to try to put it in a hole.
....and climbing mountains just because they are there, when you can get the same view from a plane.

Mankind has many pointless diversions - this is just one of them.

jaysay 31-08-2011 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 930134)
I agree - rather pointless isn't it?
....but then, so is hitting a little white ball with a stick to try to put it in a hole.
....and climbing mountains just because they are there, when you can get the same view from a plane.

Mankind has many pointless diversions - this is just one of them.

Ya Margaret but hitting a little white ball in a hole with a stick, is not designed to inconvenience other members of the public, hacking is. You could say trawling the internet looking for conspiracy theories is pointless but each to his or her own:rolleyes:

Less 31-08-2011 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 930129)

From what I remember they get the pleasure of giving Roy sleepless nights and dipping into the sites resources to correct their harm.

I think though there is a pattern emerging, the last time they were successful, he was out of the country and this time they are attacking he is...

Out of the country.:o

At least this time he should have a better internet connection, but I bet he still gets some sleepless nights sorting this out.
:(
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ked-25945.html

jaysay 31-08-2011 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 930136)
From what I remember they get the pleasure of giving Roy sleepless nights and dipping into the sites resources to correct their harm.

I think though there is a pattern emerging, the last time they were successful, he was out of the country and this time they are attacking he is...

At least this time he should have a better internet connection, but I bet he still gets some sleepless nights sorting this out.

There are some divvies knocking about, its just a pity that some one who obviously has computer skills, decides to descend into causing havoc when no doubt they could earn a good living from using there skills in a positive way

Neil 31-08-2011 09:31

A few of these so called hacktavists have been arrested resently. One in th UK. It has upset the others who think they are doing nothing wrong.

jaysay 31-08-2011 09:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 930145)
A few of these so called hacktavists have been arrested resently. One in th UK. It has upset the others who think they are doing nothing wrong.

Well there have been some high profile cases, none more that the guy who hacked the Pentagon, why would you want to hack the Pentagon unless you were engaged in terrorism which this geek obviously wasn't

Less 31-08-2011 09:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 930146)
Well there have been some high profile cases, none more that the guy who hacked the Pentagon, why would you want to hack the Pentagon unless you were engaged in terrorism which this geek obviously wasn't

Although these people appear to have intelligence, they waste it causing havoc for the rest of the www.
It seems the harder the hack the greater you are in the eyes of your peers.
I suspect the pentagon wasn't too difficult for him, probably logged on as the head of CIA and used the name of his pet tortoise for a password.
(If I disappear from site, I can only assume I guessed the correct password), So Jay I'll say this in my best American female accent,

Goodbye!
:ello:

Less 31-08-2011 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 930149)
Although these people appear to have intelligence, they waste it causing havoc for the rest of the www.
It seems the harder the hack the greater you are in the eyes of your peers.
I suspect the pentagon wasn't too difficult for him, probably logged on as the head of CIA and used the name of his pet tortoise for a password.
(If I disappear from site, I can only assume I guessed the correct password), So Jay I'll say this in my best American female accent,

Goodbye!
:ello:

Update, I've just received an email from someone claiming to be the head of the CIA asking how I cottened on to their latest password upgrade so quickly.:D

It must be genuine because,
He went on to ask if I could suggest something a little more difficult to use next time.
:alright:

Margaret Pilkington 31-08-2011 10:06

I just hope you are charging consultant's fees for the advice Less.:)

jaysay 31-08-2011 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 930152)
I just hope you are charging consultant's fees for the advice Less.:)

He has to get his beer money from somewhere Margaret:DSounds good though don't it Less Security Consultant to the CIA:D

Less 31-08-2011 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 930155)
He has to get his beer money from somewhere Margaret:DSounds good though don't it Less Security Consultant to the CIA:D

Well that career didn't last long,
I suggested,
Acehole1
But they've rejected it because the password is more than four characters long, contains capitals & numbers!

jaysay 31-08-2011 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 930157)
Well that career didn't last long,
I suggested,
Acehole1

But they've rejected it because the password is more than four characters long, contains capitals & numbers!

Strange that Less its worked on here for years:D

shillelagh 31-08-2011 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 930136)

think roy needs to change his travel agent ... theyre giving the hackers his travel details .... :D:D:D

jaysay 13-09-2011 18:37

Have just had a problem posting on the Boundaries thread, I was replying to a post and when I hit the post button I got a fault screen saying internal server fault, when I went back to the thread the quote box was still there but without my reply, so I rewrote it and the same thing happened, its just this post everything else is fine, anybody else had this

Margaret Pilkington 04-10-2011 20:21

Is anyone else having a problem this evening?
Accyweb is really slow at laoding pages.......it has been like this for the last hour or so.
Every other website I have been on is OK........but Accyweb is going at a snails pace.
Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Gordon Booth 04-10-2011 20:30

Same here, Margaret but it does load eventually. Seems to be speeding up a bit now.

mobertol 04-10-2011 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 937880)
Same here, Margaret but it does load eventually. Seems to be speeding up a bit now.

Me too -just thought I'd have a peep before going to bed....:D

Retlaw 04-10-2011 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 937876)
Is anyone else having a problem this evening?
Accyweb is really slow at laoding pages.......it has been like this for the last hour or so.
Every other website I have been on is OK........but Accyweb is going at a snails pace.
Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Same for me, but only one thread would open.
Either theres a kink in the wire, or it needs a thicker wire, for all the trafick, theres over 800 all trying at once.
Retlaw.

Margaret Pilkington 05-10-2011 08:16

I gave up and went to bed......at one point it was taking 10 minutes to load a page.
I'm not really an impatient person........I'm just getting too old to wait around :).

jaysay 05-10-2011 08:54

Was okay when I was on on earlier but I logged of at about 7-15pm

heth 05-10-2011 10:39

Prob due to the Stanley player being hurt at last nights game, that why there were alot of people trying to access the site to see how he was.

Margaret Pilkington 02-01-2012 14:55

For some reason I cannot access new posts by clicking on the new post button.
If I do click on the new post button I get the message about having to wait 10 seconds between searches, but instead of the try again in 7 second(or whatever) I got the message try again in 17845 seconds..........I am now down to waiting 6382 secs...though goodness alone knows what will happen when this time expires.
Has anyone else out there suffered similarly?

Less 02-01-2012 14:59

There was a glitch around 2ish this afternoon the site was putting out a database error but Roy fixed it within 10 mins of being told about it.

mobertol 02-01-2012 15:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 959785)
There was a glitch around 2ish this afternoon the site was putting out a database error but Roy fixed it within 10 mins of being told about it.

I got that too but it seems to have been resolved as you say.:)

Margaret Pilkington 02-01-2012 17:04

I notified Roy of the problem but I have had to wait for the seconds to elapse before being able to use the new post button.
Thank you Roy, for putting your expertise to good use.

cashman 02-01-2012 19:34

Every day this last week around 12-15 until just before 1-00, i am unable to open a thread to read new posts, after about 5 mins when i clicked on it, it says database error.:confused: is it just me? or anyone else having same problem? all other sites eg, orange e-mail, n others i go on are fine at that time.:confused:

Margaret Pilkington 02-01-2012 19:57

Last week I found Accyweb slow to load, but the problem today was much different.
I got the database error, but I could access blogs, and who's online, but that was it......couldn't post...or look at new posts.
Think someone was trying to tell me I should be doing something like cleaning up or ironing :)