Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions and help! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/)
-   -   Power - Karma (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/power-karma-8765.html)

Less 18-04-2012 23:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 986227)
Well I'm glad I'm in the red, it means i can say what I want without worrying about depreciation of my green karma! I do think that if someone is banned they have to forfeight a large percentage of their green karma - hey Less! :rolleyes:

You don't get it do you birdbrain?
You can say what you like AND keep your green karma (perhaps even get more), if you talk sense, not much hope of that from you though is there?
As for karma and getting banned, as usual a weak argument from a weak and feeble mind.
Breaking the rules gets you banned, talking sense gets you karma, the two things aren't the same.
As usual though a cheap shot from you, excuse me whilst I offer you something in red, you can whine moan and spit your dummy afterwards it won't be signed but you'll know that it's from me.

kestrelx 20-04-2012 17:15

Re: Power - Karma

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 986239)
You don't get it do you birdbrain?
You can say what you like AND keep your green karma (perhaps even get more), if you talk sense, not much hope of that from you though is there?
As for karma and getting banned, as usual a weak argument from a weak and feeble mind.
Breaking the rules gets you banned, talking sense gets you karma, the two things aren't the same.
As usual though a cheap shot from you, excuse me whilst I offer you something in red, you can whine moan and spit your dummy afterwards it won't be signed but you'll know that it's from me.

No no you idiot! :eek: People who have massive green points are people who have kept polite to people they like over a long period of time and thus built up massive points and will never have red karma showing, unless of course they went out of their way to post negative comments and aggravate red karma!

Your an idiot and you have a feeble mind! My karma is red because I say things that people don't like - for example a couple of years ago I posted truth about Christianity and my karma was destroyed into the red by some bible bashers! Like wise I posted about Jimmy Savile and my good karma was destroyed again! So play it safe and you get high green karma! It's simple - make small talk and complement people and you get high green karma! I talk sense pal - you don't talk sense! :rolleyes:

Restless 20-04-2012 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 986518)
No no you idiot! People who have massive green points are people who have kept polite to people they like over a long period of time and thus built up massive points and will never have red karma showing, unless of course they went out of their way to post negative comments and aggravate red karma!

Your an idiot and you have a feeble mind! My karma is red because I say things that people don't like - for example a couple of years ago I posted truth about Christianity and my karma was destroyed into the red by some bible bashers! Like wise I posted about Jimmy Savile and my good karma was destroyed again! So play it safe and you get high green karma! It's simple - make small talk and complement people and you get high green karma! I talk sense pal - you don't talk sense!

I did the same thing. One member even said she would prey for me. But my k ain't in the red.

Less 20-04-2012 17:39

Kestrel, won't waste space quoting you, just grow up fool.

Restless 20-04-2012 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 986526)

I think my growing days are over. I am dieting. I certainly do not want to grow that way(any more that I have already)

kestrelx 20-04-2012 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 986526)

Back at you - Moron! :jimbo:Stop blowing your own trumpet!

Margaret Pilkington 20-04-2012 19:06

sometimes it isn't what you say...it is the way you say it.
If something is going to be a bit hard to swallow, you have to give it a liberal coating of sweet stuff.
There are some people who have the ability to tell you to 'go to Hell' in such a way that you look forward to packing for the trip.

I say what I think. Karma doesn't pay bills and it has no real value. Does it really matter so much what people think of you?

Less 20-04-2012 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 986573)
Back at you - Moron! :jimbo:Stop blowing your own trumpet!

I'll quote you now, looking at todays posts you're having a really bad trip, oh sorry you don't use it anymore must be a bad flashback.
Ever thought of giving up posting until you stand a reasonable chance of making a fool of someone other than yourself?

annesingleton 20-04-2012 20:50

I really wish that people would stop being so horrible to each other and I fully agree with Margaret's points - respect for others and good manners cost nothing whether you agree with them or not.

Less 20-04-2012 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by annesingleton (Post 986621)
I really wish that people would stop being so horrible to each other and I fully agree with Margaret's points - respect for others and good manners cost nothing whether you agree with them or not.

Margaret is quite right, I'm so glad you agree with her, but even the internet, isn't perfect.
Here we are in suggestions and help which when this thread was resurrected, everyone was helping, then along comes failed hippy and starts.
What are we supposed to do? Roll over and let him trash everything on the site? Or keep replying just to show him he might be trying to kill the site but it won't just roll over and die.
Too much work has gone into this site to allow trolls to take over, if you think he's wrong, tell him, if you think I'm wrong for telling him, tell me.
However it takes us all fighting this type of rubbish to win and keep the site open.
Let his sort take over you may as well join poor old Burnley web or perhaps you might try b'burn I believe Jambutty rules the roost over there under a different name, he thought he owned AccyWeb.

cashman 20-04-2012 22:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 986637)
Margaret is quite right, I'm so glad you agree with her, but even the internet, isn't perfect.
Here we are in suggestions and help which when this thread was resurrected, everyone was helping, then along comes failed hippy and starts.
What are we supposed to do? Roll over and let him trash everything on the site? Or keep replying just to show him he might be trying to kill the site but it won't just roll over and die.
Too much work has gone into this site to allow trolls to take over, if you think he's wrong, tell him, if you think I'm wrong for telling him, tell me.
However it takes us all fighting this type of rubbish to win and keep the site open.
Let his sort take over you may as well join poor old Burnley web or perhaps you might try b'burn I believe Jambutty rules the roost over there under a different name, he thought he owned AccyWeb.

I never go on Blackburn Web, but was told the other week he has been banned.:hehetable

jaysay 21-04-2012 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 986658)
I never go on Blackburn Web, but was told the other week he has been banned.:hehetable

A long time ago;)

kestrelx 23-04-2012 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 986658)

Who's been banned from Blackburn Web? :rolleyes:

kestrelx 02-05-2012 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 986637)

Who is the failed hippy you refer to?

Mick 03-05-2012 07:06

Can i just remind members this section is not a chat section its ONLY for feedback,suggestions and help for the mods thanks
If you have any problems please post here or PM a mod
if you have any suggestions to help the site please post here
if you want to leave feedback about the site post here
other than that please use the rest of the site or the PM system
thanks
NOT CHAT

Debbiepilk 18-05-2012 00:30

I must be totally thick as I am well lost

Restless 23-05-2012 06:32

on the grey bar above ^ you see Forum Donate My Profile Blogs etc

click my profile. Here is where your karma is listed if you have been given any

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debbiepilk (Post 992575)
I must be totally thick as I am well lost

accypete 27-05-2012 01:32

OMG I got no karma am I doomed ?

Mick 27-05-2012 04:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by accypete (Post 994241)
OMG I got no karma am I doomed ?

Try posting something original, interesting and worthwhile and you might get some karma

Neil 27-05-2012 04:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 994243)
Try posting something original, interesting and worthwhile and you might get some karma

Or something stupid, that often gets karma as well :D

DaveinGermany 28-05-2012 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 994244)
Or something stupid, that often gets karma as well :D

Naughty, Neil. :)

jaysay 28-05-2012 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 994534)
Naughty, Neil. :)

Mods can't be naughty Dave, they have to keen and imperial at all times:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::)

cashman 28-05-2012 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 994585)
Mods can't be naughty Dave, they have to keen and imperial at all times:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::)

Thats "Mint" i presume?:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

jaysay 28-05-2012 18:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 994589)
Thats "Mint" i presume?:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

Off course, proper menthol is our Neil, not sure if that's spelt right either:confused::confused::confused:

mobertol 14-07-2012 11:00

Please Sir, can I have some more?

Karma that is -I never have enough to give out! :mad:

Very frustrating...this is especially since the Today in Photos thread started:D

jaysay 14-07-2012 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1002721)
Please Sir, can I have some more?

Karma that is -I never have enough to give out! :mad:

Very frustrating...this is especially since the Today in Photos thread started:D

Don't be greedy, you get the same as the rest of use, just spread it about a bit:D

mobertol 15-07-2012 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1002781)
Don't be greedy, you get the same as the rest of use, just spread it about a bit:D

I can assure you Jay that I do "spread it about" as you so aptly put it - but it is never enough!:D:eek::D

I think three times in 24 hours is just not enough for some -me included!:thankya:Give!:thankya:Give!:thankya:Give !:thankya:

jaysay 15-07-2012 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1002912)
I can assure you Jay that I do "spread it about" as you so aptly put it - but it is never enough!:D:eek::D

I think three times in 24 hours is just not enough for some -me included!:thankya:Give!:thankya:Give!:thankya:Give !:thankya:

Three times in a week would be plenty for me:rolleyes:

Restless 15-01-2015 17:26

Karma is a negative element of the site. Had two now this week, negatives with one capital letter. Its misuse in this way is a method of bullying by some of the sadder members we have on this site

Less 15-01-2015 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1129671)
Karma is a negative element of the site. Had two now this week, negatives with one capital letter. Its misuse in this way is a method of bullying by some of the sadder members we have on this site

Only if you worry about it and actually go search what's happening, don't search it won't effect you good or bad.
Sad members? Well yes and no, sad that they aren't capable in putting into words as a true meaning of their feelings by posting a reply instead of a red block.

Not sad because you actually give a monkeys and let them affect how you post i.e. the need for your above post.

ignore looking if you get upset by petty people and karma. Laugh if you don't care what those that can't put a decent sentence together display.

Margaret Pilkington 15-01-2015 19:35

Karma in real life means something.....on here it means nothing.....absolutely nothing.
Yes, I do give karma for posts that I identify with.....positive stuff.
I rarely give red stuff.....in fact I think I can count on the fingers of my hands(both of them) how many times I have given red stuff.....and it has never been for an opinion which differs from mine.

Gordon Booth 15-01-2015 19:44

Well I'll be blowed! I read 429 and 430 and for no reason at all(senility?) opened ' My Profile'.

And there it was- a little red square!
Put on this morning by the mysterious 'T'. Referring, would you believe, to a post I put on last April!
Who is this 'T' who looks back almost a year for posts they don't like?Who cares?
Poor, sad individual.
Announce yourself, 'T', then we can take the mickey out of you.

Neil 15-01-2015 23:42

You made me go and look, I couldn't possibly say which idiot it was but I will remind you that posting karma comments on thread isn't allowed even if it was just a T Gordon :)

Gordon Booth 16-01-2015 10:35

Apologies, Neil, long while since I read the rules.

I was just trying to cheer Restless up,make him realise he's not the only one and it isn't important.
Life's too short to worry about a little red square.

I think the 'Like' facility is good and I'll bet it's almost ended the use of karma.

Restless 16-01-2015 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1129694)
Only if you worry about it and actually go search what's happening, don't search it won't effect you good or bad.
Sad members? Well yes and no, sad that they aren't capable in putting into words as a true meaning of their feelings by posting a reply instead of a red block.

Not sad because you actually give a monkeys and let them affect how you post i.e. the need for your above post.

ignore looking if you get upset by petty people and karma. Laugh if you don't care what those that can't put a decent sentence together display.

Worry. Me. No. However some do take it more serious. I remember jaysay used to message me thanking every time I left positive karma when agreeing with something he said. It was more of way of feedback

Margaret Pilkington 16-01-2015 12:40

I still give Karma......and use the 'like' button too.

cashman 16-01-2015 13:24

I have never really given a stuff about it, probably would of topped meself if i did, fer some of the comments ive left, used to get reds nearly as much as greens, those who concern themselves oer it are just saddos imho.:rolleyes:

Accyexplorer 16-01-2015 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1129671)

Make that three :D

Neil 16-01-2015 14:51

I wonder if the negative poster has the stones to admit it.
If it makes you feel better I just looked and I was the last person to give the mystery capital letter karma giver negative :D

Being a good boy I just checked the rules on karma and we can talk about it all day but can't post actual karma comments

Accyexplorer 16-01-2015 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1129791)
I wonder if the negative poster has the stones to admit it.
If it makes you feel better I just looked and I was the last person to give the mystery capital letter karma giver negative :D

Being a good boy I just checked the rules on karma and we can talk about it all day but can't post actual karma comments

I think Cashy nailed it :D

Restless 16-01-2015 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1129775)
Make that three :D

How old are you?

Accyexplorer 16-01-2015 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1129814)
How old are you?

You should never ask a gentlemen his age R,If it make you feel any better,I've had some red karma recently and as far as comments go you should thank your lucky stars it's just a capital letter :D.....chin up I'll (try) find a comment of yours I like and even the scales ;)

Restless 16-01-2015 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1129815)
chin up I'll (try) find a comment of yours I like and even the scales ;)

Do you just skip over what people post and only pick up on what you want to? If you had read properly what I have posted you would know I don't care about the karma system, just providing feedback, this being the feedback section of the forum

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1129815)
You should never ask a gentlemen

Oh well, I wasn't aware there was a 'gentlemen' hiding behind the username Accyexplorer. After all, why would I think that.

Accyexplorer 16-01-2015 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1129822)
Do you just skip over what people post and only pick up on what you want to? If you had read properly what I have posted you would know I don't care about the karma system, just providing feedback, this being the feedback section of the forum

Oh well, I wasn't aware there was a 'gentlemen' hiding behind the username Accyexplorer. After all, why would I think that.

I admire your bluntness young sir,green karma coming your way :)