Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Feedback, Suggestions and help!
Donate! Join Today

Feedback, Suggestions and help! Do you need any help with the forum? Do you like what you see? Do you want more sections? Any ideas to improve the forum welcome. Any problems please report here as well.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-12-2004, 22:00   #1

Talking firefox

just alittle thankyou to roy for the firefox link............
just downloaded it and everthing seems faster and clearer....
cheers roy
Old 16-12-2004, 22:22   #2

Re: firefox

wats firefox?????
Old 16-12-2004, 22:35   #3
Roy
Administrator

FireFox is a web browser. It is open source and more secure/stable/faster than Internet Explorer. And it's free... See the link in my signature!

@steveo
Glad you like it! Now get used to using CTRL-T for tabbed browsing and the internet will become a whole nicer place to be!
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2004, 08:15   #4
God Member

Yep, faster more secure and extendable. What you initially download is the core browser. There are loads of add ons that you can get. go to Tools, Extentions.

Oh and junk Outlook Express and get Thunderbird instead also from Mozilla.org. Spam filtering built in.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2004, 08:42   #5
Senior Member+

I haven't actually seen anything yet that will make me change.

Does it prevent/stop popups? You say it is faster, but I thought the speed was more down to the website's content and the speed of my connection to the internet.

Also I don't use Outlook Express - I use the full version.

I take it that you can run both at the same time?

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2004, 08:56   #6

Firefox has a built in pop up stopper. I use both IE both browsers are running everytime i'm on and firefox is certainly faster.

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2004, 14:33   #7
Senior Member+

Well, I have downloaded and installed it.

This is the second site I have used it on (my homepage being google!), so I'll need to use it a bit longer before I decide whether or not I'll keep it.

Then I may install it on the desktop.

Old 17-12-2004, 14:58   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorlon24
Well, I have downloaded and installed it.

This is the second site I have used it on (my homepage being google!), so I'll need to use it a bit longer before I decide whether or not I'll keep it.

Then I may install it on the desktop.
Dont just go off the speed, think about security, you dont know whats happening behind the scenes when you use IE, the most unsecure browser out there but microsoft wont advertise that fact!

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2004, 15:07   #9
Senior Member+

I have PC-Cillin on the other machine, and I am more careful now about pop-ups prompting me to download and install interesting things like diallers, etc!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..