Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Feedback, Suggestions and help!
Donate! Join Today

Feedback, Suggestions and help! Do you need any help with the forum? Do you like what you see? Do you want more sections? Any ideas to improve the forum welcome. Any problems please report here as well.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-08-2005, 00:47   #1
Give, give, give member

The Blog hits???

Marg Pilkington made a joke a few weeks ago about the competition for most viewed blogs, between herself and me.

In the last day or so [since the compaint about me,] two of the blogs have recieved nearly double their number of views since they were started, resulting in mine being knocked off the numero uno spot.

I think it's hilarious, to think that someone may have spent their days and nights clicking away to dislodge me, but is there away to see who did it?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-08-2005, 00:52   #2
I am Banned

Re: The Blog hits???

in the words of shaggy

it want me
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2005, 00:58   #3
Give, give, give member

LOL,

It's worse than the payolla scandal in the US charts in the 5O's, people went down for that.

Old 17-08-2005, 01:19   #4
Give, give, give member

It seems to have slowed down, if not stopped since this thread was posted!

How queer!

Old 17-08-2005, 01:33   #5
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
It seems to have slowed down, if not stopped since this thread was posted!

How queer!
Could it have anything to do with the fact that it's 2-30 on a very close Wednesday Morning?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2005, 01:51   #6
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
Could it have anything to do with the fact that it's 2-30 on a very close Wednesday Morning?

Lol, I really don't think so, they [the two blogs,] have been getting hit on at the strangest times already!

Rindy Holmes uncovers another mystery.

Old 17-08-2005, 01:55   #7
Member.

Maybe it’s just the simple fact that Mrs Pilkington’s bloggs are sometimes a bit more exotic in content……………….eh? Maybe, just a little?

I don’t always read bloggs. I find occasional interest in them, but on the all people’s life experience’s, moods and occasional whingeing hold nothing for me…of course I don’t mean to be critical or offensive with that statement but I find that enough get through into the forums to give a picture of what to expect in most of the commentary.

I suppose that I do find a slightly more of interest in peoples comment’s in response to the content, on the all they are almost always supportive which is nice and sometime it’s what they’re not saying “but perhaps should” that’s really enlightening.

I wouldn’t condemn this activity, it does serve a purpose I suppose, but you should understand “like I have all too often found out to my cost on this site” bear your soul and someone will always stick the boot in and open the door, its then the real “people of speculative birth right” lay in to you. But. It’s like anything else, if you ask for it, you’ll often get it……….

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 17-08-2005, 02:10   #8
Give, give, give member

Your right Doug, it really doesn't matter.

Both Marg P. and I have wondered if it is a vanity thing writing a blog, perhaps it is.

Because I can't physically write a diary anymore, I use this instead.

I could of course have made it a private journal, but I admit I do enjoy the comments and pm's it results in, which have always been encouraging, sometimes received gladly when in in the depths of despair.

Old 17-08-2005, 10:50   #9
Give, give, give member

The weird hits are still going on, on everyones journal except my own! Lol.

I think it's funny, but that's not why I write it. It isn't a competition, it's because I can't physically write a diary as I used to.

Anybody who bothered to read the comments as well, would know l'm an avid blog reader too, as well as writting my own, basically because I do find peoples experiences interesting, and I have the time.

Also the Marg P's blog in my opinion, is by far the best, and deserves to be at the number one spot in top blogs. If you haven't read it, and you want to read something that makes you smile, do it.

Last edited by garinda; 17-08-2005 at 10:52.
Old 17-08-2005, 12:21   #10
Beacon of light

Oh No Rindy........I thought it was just a mistake in the numbers........so the hit are for real are they.......?
And I get where you are coming from Doug.......reading blogs is not everyone's cup of tea, but I DO like to read of the experiences of other people.......sometimes it helps you make sense of what is going on in your own little world....or indeed sometimes it makes you grateful (read Shilelegh's blog). I far prefer to read someones blog that to watch Big brother. And if I bare my soul and someone puts the boot in then I can't complain.
I am totally honest in my blog and also in my comments and value honesty when others are commenting on my efforts.

I am really a thwarted writer.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 17-08-2005 at 12:23. Reason: sausage fingers....oops!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2005, 13:44   #11
Member.

Mrs Pilkington you are a wonderful and considerate woman………….I see, understand and accept the value placed on bloggs by individuals and the good that can be derived from another’s good fortune or misfortune, what I wanted to get across is that when one as for whatever reason striped away the veneer or mystic that surrounds ones life you place yourself at the mercy of those that may seek to take advantage of that information be it to bully or to ridicule. Whatever your intention was, good, bad or indifferent, when you open the doors to ones personal life and the secrets there in you invite everyone even those that would hurt you……and once you have done that you have no defence…..

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 17-08-2005, 13:52   #12
Beacon of light

Yes, Doug I understand your point. There is absolutely no mystique about me. My face is so readable I would make a pathetic poker player......and in my blogs I tell it like it is.
I am surprised you find them exotic though.......just ramblimgs....just ramblings.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2005, 14:03   #13
Member.

Did the greatest writers of our time, not on occasion ramble? Madam the proof is in the content and the minds eye of the reader. Those that read via visualisation will know what I mean. It’s the difference between enjoying the words has read or being within the pages…..

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 17-08-2005, 14:10   #14
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
I am surprised you find them exotic though.......just ramblimgs....just ramblings.
The serialisation of the courtship was verging on the exotic, if not bodice ripping, and I along with all your fans, was gripped, especially because it had a happy ending when I was expecting a terrible motorbike accident or something down under.

Number One Marg P. fan Rindy. xxx

Old 17-08-2005, 14:16   #15
Senior Member+

What is this all about ???? Some No's ?? Top Blogger ???? Sad

Marg I am with doug on this I used to read Garindas Blogs but have not for ages, I did not used to read yours but have found them really engrossing since I found them, and enjoy reading them

Bit like looking at the Daily sport Ok for a quick look and laugh but gets boring, But I read the mail and others everyday.

Keep up the good work marg, and ignore any petty moanings
simon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..