Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f65/)
-   -   Exiled in Accrington (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f65/exiled-in-accrington-37194.html)

WalkOnBRFC 22-02-2008 12:49

Exiled in Accrington

I have recently moved to Accrington from Blackburn to be with my partner. I had only ever been here on a few occasions and the only place I knew was the Accy Stanley Ground :p

When I was in Blackburn I moved into a property on the Fernhurst Farm Estate in Ewood (if anyone knows it). I lived there for two years before I moved on. With my hand on heart I can honestly say that I couldn’t tell you my next door neighbours name or even who lived in their house.

The day I moved to Accrington I was nervous and decided to go outside the back for a cigarette (I have since quit the filthy habit!!). The whole time, wondering whether or not know was making a mistake moving :confused:. Then an elderly man appeared in the garden next door and said hello. We chatted for about 15 minutes about me moving in and where I was from and all about him. I felt like I’d known the guy for years and I felt at such ease. I went back in the house with a big grin on my face and thought, ‘Maybe I am going to like it here’. Since then I’ve had no regrets.

My dad runs a DVD stall in the market and if I pop in and see him on a Saturday I can’t count how many people take the time to stop and say hi to him and just check in that he is ok. That to me is just how things used to be in Blackburn. The problem these days is that too many people just seem to walk by and keep themselves to themselves.

I thought I would find it difficult moving here but I have actually come to like it very much. The people here seem to be very welcoming and the whole place had a really nice 'buzz' about it. The thing I love most about Accrington compared to what I am used to is the fact that everyone seems to care a lot about where they live and their Local Communities, just like when I was a child.

Those that do know me, I would just like to thank for making me feel very welcome. I just need to learn more street names and get my bearings right. I keep thinking Manchester Road is Burnley Road and Avenue Parade is Plantation Street/Road?. Too many streets that look the same but I think I’m getting there :)

P.S. Hello I am Kimberley :D

Bonnyboy 22-02-2008 12:54

Re: Exiled in Accrington

Hi Kimberley, welcome to Accyweb, it's good that you are settling into Accrington :)

cmonstanley 22-02-2008 12:57

you just need to change your username to walkonstanley :D:D

WalkOnBRFC 22-02-2008 13:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 534798)
you just need to change your username to walkonstanley :D:D

I do go and watch the Stanley when Rovers aren't playing.. but I'm afraid to disappoint but that would never happen. Red just isn't my colour :D

Doug 22-02-2008 13:22

Hello, glad to hear that you've setted. Wecolme to the Site.

WillowTheWhisp 22-02-2008 13:34

Hello Kimberley, welcome to Accrington and welcome to AccyWeb. :)

WalkOnBRFC 22-02-2008 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 534815)
Hello Kimberley, welcome to Accrington and welcome to AccyWeb. :)

Thanks very much.. I shall vote for you! ;)

claytonender 22-02-2008 14:09

Welcome to Accyweb, I know you will enjoy joining in with the postings on here.

I am glad you are enjoying living in Accrington.

WalkOnBRFC 22-02-2008 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by claytonender (Post 534826)
Welcome to Accyweb.

Thank you.

Can someone please tell me what Karma is?.. I'm confused it says in my profile I have one?

katex 22-02-2008 14:15

Welcome to our site WalkonBrfc .. pleased our natives have been friendly towards you .. x

mrskitty 22-02-2008 16:26

Thats the best introduction i have ever read :)
Couldn't agree with you more either-im from down south and apart from the odd comment about being a 'soft-shandy-drinking-southerner',in jest of course,evryones so warm n welcoming.....
On the other side of things a girl has just moved to round the corner to me,i only saw her on the bus n chatted to her once n i ended up inviting her round for a brew to 'meet the neighbours'....i forgot to tell her my name though-must of thought i was a reet nutter :D :D :D

nikkival 22-02-2008 16:43

Hello & Welcome to Accy Web!

slinky 22-02-2008 16:47

Hi Kimberly :alright: welcome to accyweb ..... I will excuse you supporting such a crap team, cos you like U2 :D

Nickelson 22-02-2008 17:00

Hello Kimberly

Welcome To AccyWeb And Accrington :D
You seem to live local to me with the names of the roads. i live on hodder st,.

James1234 22-02-2008 17:15

Hi kimberly, welcome to accyweb.