Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f65/)
-   -   Exiled in Accrington (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f65/exiled-in-accrington-37194.html)

WalkOnBRFC 22-02-2008 12:49

Exiled in Accrington

I have recently moved to Accrington from Blackburn to be with my partner. I had only ever been here on a few occasions and the only place I knew was the Accy Stanley Ground :p

When I was in Blackburn I moved into a property on the Fernhurst Farm Estate in Ewood (if anyone knows it). I lived there for two years before I moved on. With my hand on heart I can honestly say that I couldn’t tell you my next door neighbours name or even who lived in their house.

The day I moved to Accrington I was nervous and decided to go outside the back for a cigarette (I have since quit the filthy habit!!). The whole time, wondering whether or not know was making a mistake moving :confused:. Then an elderly man appeared in the garden next door and said hello. We chatted for about 15 minutes about me moving in and where I was from and all about him. I felt like I’d known the guy for years and I felt at such ease. I went back in the house with a big grin on my face and thought, ‘Maybe I am going to like it here’. Since then I’ve had no regrets.

My dad runs a DVD stall in the market and if I pop in and see him on a Saturday I can’t count how many people take the time to stop and say hi to him and just check in that he is ok. That to me is just how things used to be in Blackburn. The problem these days is that too many people just seem to walk by and keep themselves to themselves.

I thought I would find it difficult moving here but I have actually come to like it very much. The people here seem to be very welcoming and the whole place had a really nice 'buzz' about it. The thing I love most about Accrington compared to what I am used to is the fact that everyone seems to care a lot about where they live and their Local Communities, just like when I was a child.

Those that do know me, I would just like to thank for making me feel very welcome. I just need to learn more street names and get my bearings right. I keep thinking Manchester Road is Burnley Road and Avenue Parade is Plantation Street/Road?. Too many streets that look the same but I think I’m getting there :)

P.S. Hello I am Kimberley :D

Bonnyboy 22-02-2008 12:54

Re: Exiled in Accrington

Hi Kimberley, welcome to Accyweb, it's good that you are settling into Accrington :)

cmonstanley 22-02-2008 12:57

you just need to change your username to walkonstanley :D:D

WalkOnBRFC 22-02-2008 13:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonstanley (Post 534798)
you just need to change your username to walkonstanley :D:D

I do go and watch the Stanley when Rovers aren't playing.. but I'm afraid to disappoint but that would never happen. Red just isn't my colour :D

Doug 22-02-2008 13:22

Hello, glad to hear that you've setted. Wecolme to the Site.

WillowTheWhisp 22-02-2008 13:34

Hello Kimberley, welcome to Accrington and welcome to AccyWeb. :)

WalkOnBRFC 22-02-2008 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 534815)
Hello Kimberley, welcome to Accrington and welcome to AccyWeb. :)

Thanks very much.. I shall vote for you! ;)

claytonender 22-02-2008 14:09

Welcome to Accyweb, I know you will enjoy joining in with the postings on here.

I am glad you are enjoying living in Accrington.

WalkOnBRFC 22-02-2008 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by claytonender (Post 534826)
Welcome to Accyweb.

Thank you.

Can someone please tell me what Karma is?.. I'm confused it says in my profile I have one?

katex 22-02-2008 14:15

Welcome to our site WalkonBrfc .. pleased our natives have been friendly towards you .. x

mrskitty 22-02-2008 16:26

Thats the best introduction i have ever read :)
Couldn't agree with you more either-im from down south and apart from the odd comment about being a 'soft-shandy-drinking-southerner',in jest of course,evryones so warm n welcoming.....
On the other side of things a girl has just moved to round the corner to me,i only saw her on the bus n chatted to her once n i ended up inviting her round for a brew to 'meet the neighbours'....i forgot to tell her my name though-must of thought i was a reet nutter :D :D :D

nikkival 22-02-2008 16:43

Hello & Welcome to Accy Web!

slinky 22-02-2008 16:47

Hi Kimberly :alright: welcome to accyweb ..... I will excuse you supporting such a crap team, cos you like U2 :D

Nickelson 22-02-2008 17:00

Hello Kimberly

Welcome To AccyWeb And Accrington :D
You seem to live local to me with the names of the roads. i live on hodder st,.

James1234 22-02-2008 17:15

Hi kimberly, welcome to accyweb.

derekgas 22-02-2008 17:22

Hello Kimberely and welcome to accyweb, I am relatively new to Accrington, and have to say I like it, I think you made a good move, besides, the heating systems in fernhurst are cr*p, I know, I have fixed some of them.

jaysay 22-02-2008 17:52

Welcome Kimberley, your introduction was great, not a politician in your spare time are you:Dthere are a lot of Stanley Fans on here, but Rovers fans are also welcome, I've been a fanatic for over fifty years:D

WalkOnBRFC 22-02-2008 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickelson (Post 534909)
Hello Kimberly

Welcome To AccyWeb And Accrington :D
You seem to live local to me with the names of the roads. i live on hodder st,.

I live on Hodder Street too :D it has the best post code but I have the best house number :D

WalkOnBRFC 22-02-2008 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 534948)
Welcome Kimberley, your introduction was great, not a politician in your spare time are you:Dthere are a lot of Stanley Fans on here, but Rovers fans are also welcome, I've been a fanatic for over fifty years:D

I do have a couple of 'slight' connection to politics I suppose you could say ;). To be honest it doesn't really interest me. I much prefer Football, Music and travelling.

Anyway I would make a terrible politician.. I like to be everyone's friend and I am too sympathetic and smile too much. Politicians always look grim to me. (I will get abused for that comment no doubt). :D

Good to see a lot of Rovers Fans on here.. No doubt if your a Rovers fan you will have seen me at some point at Ewood or Away.

WalkOnBRFC 22-02-2008 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by misskitty (Post 534871)
Thats the best introduction i have ever read :)
Couldn't agree with you more either-im from down south and apart from the odd comment about being a 'soft-shandy-drinking-southerner',in jest of course,evryones so warm n welcoming.....
On the other side of things a girl has just moved to round the corner to me,i only saw her on the bus n chatted to her once n i ended up inviting her round for a brew to 'meet the neighbours'....i forgot to tell her my name though-must of thought i was a reet nutter :D :D :D

Thanks, that's a lovely compliment. I lived down South for three years (Swindon) I hated it. Hated is a bit strong but I sort of learned to live with their ways if that makes sense. Don't think they could understand my accent Lol.

It's always nice to meet new people. Especially interesting one's.

WalkOnBRFC 22-02-2008 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekgas (Post 534928)
Hello Kimberely and welcome to accyweb, I am relatively new to Accrington, and have to say I like it, I think you made a good move, besides, the heating systems in fernhurst are cr*p, I know, I have fixed some of them.

Well Derekgas.. I never had a problem with mine :).. All new builds are just like shells really. The majority of them are just thrown up and poorly/cheaply built. I prefer traditional houses myself. I love the whole wood beams in the roof effect and traditional features. Each to their own I guess though :)

steve 22-02-2008 18:19

Hello & welcome:alright:

derekgas 22-02-2008 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkOnBRFC (Post 534964)
Well Derekgas.. I never had a problem with mine :).. All new builds are just like shells really. The majority of them are just thrown up and poorly/cheaply built. I prefer traditional houses myself. I love the whole wood beams in the roof effect and traditional features. Each to their own I guess though :)

You are right, can't beat the traditional houses, like the one you are in now, if you have been lucky enough to buy one with plenty of the original ornate features, you have done well, too many been destroyed by unsympathetic renovation.

WalkOnBRFC 22-02-2008 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekgas (Post 534973)
You are right, can't beat the traditional houses, like the one you are in now, if you have been lucky enough to buy one with plenty of the original ornate features, you have done well, too many been destroyed by unsympathetic renovation.

Well it's my partners house originally but I have moved in so now it is sort of ours but his if we split up if that makes sense Lol. Not my personal choice mind you but then again if you don't try the unexpected then you never know. Just can't wait to 'do it up'.

grego 22-02-2008 18:56

Hello Kimberley, welcome to Accrington and the site.

cashman 22-02-2008 18:59

hi kimberley welcome to the site n accy, very happy to hear yer comments on accy folk n settling in, just hope ya don't meet the "Chavs", everywheres got em.:D;)

jackyalex 22-02-2008 20:20

Hi kimberly and welcome

Lilly 22-02-2008 21:31

Great introduction there. :)

Hello and welcome. :)

ANNE 22-02-2008 21:40

Hi Kimberly, welcome to accyweb. we are from Preston originally. Accy folk are a lot more friendly.
We have been here since 1991 and still get lost at the top of my street lol

Busman747 22-02-2008 22:59

Hi Kimberley, welcome to the accyweb and Accrington :D

WalkOnBRFC 23-02-2008 08:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busman747 (Post 535176)
Hi Kimberley, welcome to the accyweb and Accrington :D

Thanks everyone :D :alright:

katex 23-02-2008 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkOnBRFC (Post 534952)
I live on Hodder Street too :D it has the best post code but I have the best house number :D

Then you may be interested in this thread WalkonBRFC ... notice who else lives there too ..:D

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...-st-36235.html

panther 23-02-2008 19:03

1 Attachment(s)
Hi kim welcome to accyweb and accy, ossy, church....where ever:D

firth_dawn 24-02-2008 12:34

Hi Kimberley, welcome to accyweb.

WalkOnBRFC 24-02-2008 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 535404)
Then you may be interested in this thread WalkonBRFC ... notice who else lives there too ..:D

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...-st-36235.html

.. and who might that be?

cashman 24-02-2008 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkOnBRFC (Post 536088)
.. and who might that be?

tells ya in the thread ya lazy git,:D;)

WalkOnBRFC 24-02-2008 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 536193)
tells ya in the thread ya lazy git,:D;)

Mr Cashman.. I'm not lazy :( and to prove it I read it Lol.. I know that stump :D it's not far from me. I nearly fell over it once strolling back from town :rolleyes: It's ok moving the tree as it was an eyesore with it dying off but could do with removing the stump too that's an even bigger eyesore.

cashman 24-02-2008 22:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkOnBRFC (Post 536280)
Mr Cashman.. I'm not lazy :( and to prove it I read it Lol.. I know that stump :D it's not far from me. I nearly fell over it once strolling back from town :rolleyes: It's ok moving the tree as it was an eyesore with it dying off but could do with removing the stump too that's an even bigger eyesore.

don't think the person in question will like being called " A STUMP":rofl38::rofl38:

WalkOnBRFC 25-02-2008 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 536299)
don't think the person in question will like being called " A STUMP":rofl38::rofl38:

:rolleyes: