Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Introduce Yourself
Donate! Join Today

Introduce Yourself New to the forum? Introduce yourself here and get talking. Everyone is welcome here at Accrington Web!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2008, 09:42   #1

Greetings Accy Web

Greetings to everyone here. I managed to stumble across the site while I was trying to find the phone number for my place of work using google and decided I'd stay a while. Im not from Accrington originaly, I was born in Stoke-On-Trent and moved here when I was 17 and Ive lived here for 8 years now. My names Lawrence, and I live in Ossy, and yes Ive heard all the jokes about how we still urinate sitting down in Ossy; but lets face it, you are less likely to splash the seat that way.

After living here for a few years I decided that I wanted to move back to Stoke for some reason, as once I had been back down there for a few months I wanted to come back to what I now call home. Ive met some great people in Accrington, mainly through bar work places such as Lar D's, The Hope and Anchor (best pub in Accy!) and currently The Bridge. Ive never met people who are as welcoming and friendly as most people in Accrington are and its a shame that there are small group of people in our town (i.e. the chavs) that think it is appropriate to jump me outside of a kebab house just to steal my tea. I saw that there was a meet at the Brewers Arms recently that I just missed out on which is a shame, because I live about 400 yards away from the place, but maybe next time.

On another note, does anbody watch "ideal" on BBC 3? They have just started a new series and the writer of the programe is originaly from Accrington. He plays the part of Brian (Ewwww 'in 'e scrummy!) and apparantly some of the characters are based on people who he knew from Accrington, especialy one of the characters called Cartoon Head. Does anyone know anything about this and whether its true or not? On another note myself and my friends where watching it the other week when Brian talking about another character said "Havent you heard, shes dating a bingo caller from Oswaldtwistle", and with all of us being gobiners, we imedeatly jumped out of seats with both glee and surprise. But I digress.

It looks like youve got a nice little comunity going here, people who have a love and knowledge of Accrington so I thought I would join up to try an learn more about our little town! See you all around the forums.
toads is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-06-2008, 09:46   #2
God Member

Re: Greetings Accy Web

Hello toads and welcome to accyweb
Old 01-06-2008, 09:56   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

hi toads welcome to the site, worry not yeh don't count as a "gobbin" yeh were born somewhere civilised.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:00   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
hi toads welcome to the site, worry not yeh don't count as a "gobbin" yeh were born somewhere civilised.
Welcome Toads, lovely introduction. x
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:13   #5
Give, give, give member

Hello and welcome.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:18   #6

Hello & Welcome to AccyWeb!
Old 01-06-2008, 11:59   #7
God Member

Ow Do....
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:37   #8
Senior Member+

what a great intro

welcome to accyweb.

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 14:01   #9
white rabbits

hi there and welcome
Old 01-06-2008, 14:17   #10
God Member

Welcome To AccyWeb
Old 01-06-2008, 14:27   #11
God Member

Hiya welcome to accyweb
BERNADETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 16:10   #12
Accy Goddess

Welcome to the mad house toads.
Enjoy!
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 16:14   #13

Hello and welcome
forceten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 17:15   #14
Senior Member+

Hello and welcome

buttonsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:29   #15
Resting in Peace

Hi toads welcome to Accy Web

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..