Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Introduce Yourself
Donate! Join Today

Introduce Yourself New to the forum? Introduce yourself here and get talking. Everyone is welcome here at Accrington Web!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2003, 13:39   #16
adi

Post Re: Hello Accringtonians

the age group at the Soul Nights tend to range from early 30's to late 50's so your still young enough to attend HarryX!!!
adi is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-09-2003, 14:54   #17
I am Banned

Sounds good.. The wife just gets in obove the lower entry and I just get in below the higher entry

HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 15:27   #18
adi

There you go then HarryX - everyone's a winner.

You never know you might be able to out dance her aswell!!!

;D
adi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 15:33   #19
Accy Goddess

Hi, Alison. You will soon get the hang of things. Guess I could be classed as a mature student. Just finished my N.V.Q Level 3 in care. Contemplting level four but found cross refrencing very difficult and its putting me off.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 15:41   #20
Caz
God Member

Quite a few of us then! Done NVQ's. It  can be a bit difficult till you get the hang of the cross referencing. Once you do it makes things a lot simpler and saves extra work in the long run though.

Still contemplating whether to go back to  a third time - still got time yet -  or go on a traing course. Really enjoyed being at college.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 16:04   #21
Accy Goddess

Oh, the dreaded training courses. Got a few of those popping up shortly. Some of them have been very informative. Hate the early mornings and having to get up at some stupid o clock to attend.  
Old 02-09-2003, 18:07   #22
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Anne n Cazzer, cross referencing a total nightmare. Did NVQ assessors course a couple of years ago. Am having to teach some of our care candidates now and am still completely clueless re. the referencing. Just managed to get mine in by the skin of my teeth. ;D

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 20:21   #23
Accy Goddess

I'm with you Lettie, if it hadn't been for my Friend who was doing her assessors course wfen I was doing level dont think I would have done it. It seems to come easy to some people but not many. Has far as i'm concerened i would rather do that bit of extra work.
Assessors cant offer any help with cross ref now either. So I dont know. See how it goes.
Didnt think i could pass level 3 at my age. Literally took blood, sweat and tears. Worth it though. Felt a pride in myself not felt for a long time. Only thought i was good enough to be a wife and mum.
Old 02-09-2003, 20:37   #24
Caz
God Member

Know what you mean ANNE. You can get in a bit of a rut can't you?
Being a mum is the most important job there is, but to go out and actually prove you can do something gives you a great feeling.

Yo do right to feel proud of yourself!  

When I started at college I actually had one or two of the  teenage students asking me if I thought I could cope with the courses  : Cheek!
2 dropped out of the course & the rest got lower grades than I
did any way. Plus I did an extra maths exam that they didn't.
Just because we get older doesn't make us incompetent.  ;D

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 21:06   #25
Accy Goddess

Well done girl that showed em.. ;D ;D ;D
Thats the beauty of N.V.Qs they can take you were you want to go with no need for stressfull exams all you need really is a good knowledge of your work to take you places you never thought possible.
Old 03-09-2003, 15:24   #26
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

You're never too old to learn, and mature students often achieve more purely because they want to be there, rather than having to go to school/college. Less chance of Alzheimers with an active mind - so they say. Done loads of courses for work and other things. Doing an Aqua-natal exercise teaching course in Harrogate this weekend, trying to get some classes up and running locally, as we have none in Accy at the moment and our ladies have to go to Blackburn or Stonyhurst if they want classes. No doubt I'll advertise the classes on this site if I ever pass this course. ;D  ;D

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 09:14   #27

hi allison nice place to live in accrington,
been here from 1979
tommey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 10:09   #28
Senior Member+

Hi allison,
               I too used to use computer in library also local community centre untill i decided to buy my own, so much better can now come on site anytime
                                              ;D ;D ;D
Old 06-09-2003, 11:56   #29
Senior Member+

Hello Alison yo' Accrington Pals : I used to live in Accrington but I'm now in London;Wonder if it's worth coming back to this old town?
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 14:04   #30
Resting in Peace

[quote author=kestrelx link=board=new;num=1062432343;start=0#28 date=09/06/03 at 12:56:22]Hello Alison yo' Accrington Pals : I used to live in Accrington but I'm now in London;Wonder if it's worth coming back to this old town?[/quote]
just come back from a short hol in london very glad to get back to bussy and crouded even on a sunday morning  
give me the slow pace of accrington anytime
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..