Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Introduce Yourself
Donate! Join Today

Introduce Yourself New to the forum? Introduce yourself here and get talking. Everyone is welcome here at Accrington Web!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2004, 20:12   #1
Junior Member+

Wink Helloooooooo

Hello All,
I have just found this site and thought Id introduce myself and also to see if anybody can offer their advice.
I run a bar/Function room in Accrington (Upstairs, Old McDonald's) It's called UPSI. The room is very modern with a good atmosphere and I have heard only good comments from the few people who have been. The drinks prices are good (around £2 pint and £2 - £2.50 bottles) but my problem is lack of people. The room has been advertised through posters, adverts, leaflets but still no custom - any idea's??. The room is used for functions Fri/Sat and opened on Sunday afternoons, (anyone welcome) with local live bands and performers from 2pm. If anyone has any ideas for advertising of for ant#y events/nights/acts e.t.c. please let me know.
dewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-12-2004, 20:16   #2

Re: Helloooooooo

Can't offer any advice but thought i would say hello and welcome and good luck in whatever you do.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 20:55   #3
Senior Member+

Welcome and all the best.....
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 21:02   #4

what age group are you focusing on???

Anyway welcome and goodluck
Old 06-12-2004, 21:03   #5
Len
God Member

Welcome dewell.
enjoy yourself.

Maybe on one of our accyweb meets we could call in and say hello.

Donate to Accyweb here:
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 21:14   #6
I am Banned

Hi n welcome, sorry i cant offer any constructive advice as unfortunately dont have a social life being a f/t parent.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 21:42   #7
Always EVIL within us

Hi Dewell, Welcome to the Accyweb
Old 06-12-2004, 21:51   #8
Resident Waffler

I have a similar problem to Accystanmac but welcome to AccyWeb and good luck with your business.

I wasn't even aware of it though so presumably there are others also who haven't heard of it but who would go there if they knew.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 22:00   #9
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
I have a similar problem to Accystanmac but welcome to AccyWeb and good luck with your business.

I wasn't even aware of it though so presumably there are others also who haven't heard of it but who would go there if they knew.
Glad i aint alone Willow there should be something for the likes of us ~ hey an idea LOL
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 22:12   #10

so what is ur target audience so to speak who do u want to appeal to
Old 07-12-2004, 01:31   #11
land of hope and glory

fist things first! welcome to accy web enjoy! you have opened a bar in the town centre, do you not read newspapers?(accrington is dying) what are you offering that other pubs and clubs arnt.what are your hours of opening.can you compete,do you do food?can you pay the wages,rent,rates,electic,gas,prs licence,gameing licence,and when the council take over the operating licence? dont want to put you off just have a plan of action.There is no money to be made out of pubs these days!!!!
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 13:33   #12

hi and welcome hope you enjoy the site
Old 07-12-2004, 18:30   #13
Junior Member+

The bars main purpose is as a function room or events room, so far we have held 21st birthdays, weddings, christenings, re-unions, even a Blockade pub re-union (for anyone that remembers the Blockade - it was a really good night - and packet out). Everyone has really enjoyed each occasion. I am fully aware that Accrington is dying in it's night life, which is why I am trying to offer something different. We have started opening Sunday afternoons from 2pm and have booked bands and performers as I thought there may be a gap in the market for Sunday afternoons (there is nothing else to do) I am just trying to find out what people want and what will make people want to come out again. You are more than welcome to use the bar as your meeting place and I wold love to hear your comments and suggestions once you have seen the bar, and seen how it differs from any other bar in town.
Old 07-12-2004, 18:39   #14
Junior Member+

Also in answer to your other comments Staggeringman
Age group - Hard to say, but only people with an adult attitude - not a place for kids at all.
The license is from 11am - 1am Mon - Sun
The room holds 100 people,
and we do a selction of wonderful buffetts and the cafe downstairs provides daytime meals and snacks.
Old 07-12-2004, 21:12   #15
God Member

Hi Dewell

Welcome to Accy web,
grego is offline   Reply With Quote

« bonjour | Hi »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..