Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Introduce Yourself
Donate! Join Today

Introduce Yourself New to the forum? Introduce yourself here and get talking. Everyone is welcome here at Accrington Web!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-03-2006, 08:40   #1

Hi all

Hi all : )

I don't know if any of you guys remember the Entwistle family? I lived at 28 Fern Gore Ave for nr 20 years, we moved into the area in 1968 and my mother carried on living there for a further 10..her name is Kathleen, a little Irish lady that could chat for England (heart of gold though). My brother, Peter, is a postman and still living in the area...if you see him you should tell him his little sister in New Zealand says Hi!

It made me laugh to read Lynne describing the cardboard boxes we used to ride down the hills up in Bullough park...I think most of us used to hassle (whats her name) from the VG for her empty boxes, either that or we would just raid the back of the shop...you know the bit I mean? that little piece of wall that ran adjacent to the lodge and behind the shops, it took you to the Spinning Jenny : )

Does anybody remember when they had that real dangerous umberella ride in the park...it wa awesum and so dangerous i cannot believe that they ok'd it's safety...wow! if you didn't keep your legs out of the way it could potentially rip them off.

Cool to read you thoughts on the Gore : )
Enty is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-03-2006, 08:56   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Hi all

Hello and welcome to accyweb.

We are also Entwistle's but my husband dosen't recognise any of your family as being closely related.

buttonsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2006, 09:10   #3
God Member

Hiya, welcome to accy web, enjoy

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2006, 09:30   #4
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Hello and welcome. I'm pretty sure that I know who your brother is (my mum worked on the post for years). Where in NZ are you? My step brother is in Auckland and my mate is in Thames.... Lovely country, have visited a couple of times and can't wait to go again..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2006, 09:45   #5
God Member

Hiya, welcome to Accy web, think I know your brother from round town and the post.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2006, 09:55   #6
I am Banned

hi & welcome to the local madhouse
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2006, 10:19   #7
I am Banned

welcome u sure will meet all ya old friends on here
UNHAPPYONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2006, 10:26   #8

Hi Enty welcome to Accy web. Which school did you go to? My cousins all grew up in Fern Gore. I too remember the umberella swing in the park. Happy days
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2006, 19:23   #9

Hello Enty and welcome along :engsmil: good luck with your tracking
Old 19-03-2006, 22:52   #10
white rabbits

hello and welcome
Old 19-03-2006, 22:59   #11
God Member

Hello welcome to accyweb
Old 20-03-2006, 00:43   #12
land of hope and glory

knew the entis that had the paper shop on the corner of market st, church, anyway welcome to accy web you will find something out sooner rather than later! enjoy
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote

« Hello all | Hello »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..