Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Introduce Yourself
Donate! Join Today

Introduce Yourself New to the forum? Introduce yourself here and get talking. Everyone is welcome here at Accrington Web!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-11-2005, 18:49   #16
Junior Member+

Re: I'm a stranger

Thanks for the welcome to your web -I'll try to contribute when I get the way it works - still trying to find out.
Desmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-11-2005, 20:31   #17

Hello Desmo and welcome, it's brilliant to have you aboard. Regarding Chaplins, it is now a Chinise take a way. But Chaplins was not exactly in the town centre just a couple of minutes out of it ( top of Broadway). There is another chippy in the town centre on Church Street sorry i don't know the name, but anyway that ones still there.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2005, 21:51   #18
Resident Waffler

Hello Desmo, welcome to AccyWeb. Just start a thread up in the General Chat section for a chat on anything that interests you. We'll probably all join in.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2005, 10:14   #19
Senior Member+

Hello and welcome Desmo.
janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2005, 10:59   #20
Junior Member+

Hi Desmo.Welcome to the Accy web site.Shaw Lad.
shaw lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2005, 21:15   #21
Beacon of light

Welcome Desmo......remember strangers are friends we have yet to meet!
The site is diverse and friendly.......enjoy it, pretty soon you'll be addicted to it.....or at least I think you will. Happy posting!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2005, 00:29   #22

Hello again , i am still trying to figure out how the forum works, i have been on here each night this week, and most of the time its the same subjects do you cancel them out after a certain time
Trevis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2005, 19:25   #23
God Member

Hello Desmo, welcome to Accy web
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2005, 12:26   #24

hello & welcome :engsmil:
jeanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2005, 20:08   #25
Clearly Classy.......

Hi welcome to AW I did some work based training in Tipton over a couple of years. I used to work for Fresenius Medical care and was based in Accrington Victoria Hospital but the main unit was at Tipton (Dialysis Centre). I also did some training with Sandwell health authority at Sandwell General (nice hospital then). I remember 2 things about Tipton...........shed loads of roundabouts and a Place nearby called Great Bear!! Now you'll sleep better tonight knowing that won't you!!!

My Gallery My Albums

Last edited by Romps; 24-11-2005 at 20:12.
Romps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2005, 20:37   #26
Junior Member+

Hi Romps - Desmo calling. - How strange you should mention The Dialysis Centre because thats just about 300 yds (sorry Dont know how many metres) from where I live . Do you by chance remember where Bulldog Motor Spares shop was well if you do I live down that street. I know Sandwell General Hospital well I do voluntary work there - it might not be such a nice place now because sometgime ago it algamated with an Hospital in Birmingham and things are not the same. The place you call Great Bear is GREAT BRIDGE and that it where I live - and people round here do not bother with round-a-bouts they drive over them . So what did they do - they got two large Lion statutes and put them on one of them as to the others well they tried highering the curbs but some clever dick put ramps on them. Did you ever visit any of the local pubs - I never go in them I can't say why. I have onlly lived in this particlar area for 20 years sometimes it seems like 200 - If I win the lottery you will not see me for dust - dont recommend the place.
Desmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2005, 20:42   #27
Clearly Classy.......

LOL!!! (Laughs out Loud) I'd do the same if i won the lottery too Desmo!! I went into one pub one lunch time, don't know whats it was called tho, it was on the main road from the dialysis centre across the road and past that large garage (shell one I think). yes why did i think it was called Great Bear?? oh sorry i don't remember Bulldog motor spares.

My Gallery My Albums
Romps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2005, 06:56   #28
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevis2
Hello again , i am still trying to figure out how the forum works, i have been on here each night this week, and most of the time its the same subjects do you cancel them out after a certain time
As new subjects are posted, the old ones fade into the ether. If you look beyond the first pages of the forum, you will find lots of stuff in the archives that has been discussed over the last couple of years. Feel free to create your own thread about something which may interest you.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 20:56   #29
Junior Member+

:engsmil: hello I am new to this I live in australia now been hear 36 year I am 60 just got my com so this is new to me they are a good lot they wiil help you if you need it by for now isobel
RISING BRIDGE LASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 21:01   #30
Accy Goddess

Hi Desmo.
A big welcome to the site.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..