Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Introduce Yourself
Donate! Join Today

Introduce Yourself New to the forum? Introduce yourself here and get talking. Everyone is welcome here at Accrington Web!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2008, 16:58   #16
Junior Member+

Re: left church in 66

I still have relatives in the area but haven't seen them in about 40yrs,Names are Marshshall and Laycock,we used to live on Victoria st(I think)right across the road from Albert Reeds grocery store.and not far from the Tampitts pub (still got my bearings),thankyou all for the warm welcome,I think finding this site will be the motivater of me taking a trip back home,the only names I remember from "the day" are Peter McManus,Ian Gardiner and Marion Ryan,My teachers name before we left was Mrs Saynor from Sacred Heart,If Mr Reed is around and anyone knows him they can let him know I still feel bad about about busting his store window,but I'm sure he's over it by now.
Oh yes,my address was 20 Victoria St,all the best have a good day
Mike
bootsmckiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-03-2008, 18:48   #17
God Member

Peter McManus and Ian Gardiner are still about round here, was having a drink with Pete a few month back, I used to see Ian quite a bit till I changed jobs, not seen him for a few year now.
The name Marion Ryan rings a bell but I just can't put a face to the name.
Tanpits pub has gone now, re-opened not long ago as "the plough" but it's since closed down - as have most of the pubs in Church, you probably wouldn't recognise the place if you came back

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 18:59   #18
God Member

Hi Mike

Welcome to Accyweb ..... enjoy

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 00:29   #19
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
Peter McManus and Ian Gardiner are still about round here, was having a drink with Pete a few month back, I used to see Ian quite a bit till I changed jobs, not seen him for a few year now.
The name Marion Ryan rings a bell but I just can't put a face to the name.
Tanpits pub has gone now, re-opened not long ago as "the plough" but it's since closed down - as have most of the pubs in Church, you probably wouldn't recognise the place if you came back

That's awesome,if you happen to bump into them ask them if they remember a Mike Booth,I don't expect them to,Last time I was at Sacred Heart there was a caravan of gypsies parked out back.By the way,could someone tell me the population of both Church and Accrington?Just curious,thanks,
Mike.
bootsmckiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:46   #20
Resting in Peace

The clock is still there but it's only right twice a day-still better than no clock at all.
Welcome back to insanity.
Thanks to Spike Milligan for the joke.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:32   #21
God Member

I know Pete Mc Manus. I lived opposite him on Barnes St until 6 years ago. I think he has moved since then because his house went up for sale soon after mine.

At this moment there is only the Pioneer Club open selling booze, but I have heard that the Stag, the Queens and the Cross Guns will be reopening.

If you look on Google Earth you will see a lot of demolition and rebuilding has happened since 66.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:52   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I know Pete Mc Manus. I lived opposite him on Barnes St until 6 years ago. I think he has moved since then because his house went up for sale soon after mine.

At this moment there is only the Pioneer Club open selling booze, but I have heard that the Stag, the Queens and the Cross Guns will be reopening.

If you look on Google Earth you will see a lot of demolition and rebuilding has happened since 66.
Bridge is open again but I fear not for long.
Old 12-03-2008, 16:35   #23

hi welcome to accyweb.
Old 13-03-2008, 01:30   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsmckiber View Post
That's awesome,if you happen to bump into them ask them if they remember a Mike Booth,I don't expect them to,Last time I was at Sacred Heart there was a caravan of gypsies parked out back.By the way,could someone tell me the population of both Church and Accrington?Just curious,thanks,
Mike.
After the last census in 2001 the population of Accrington was 35,203.
There are no separate figures for Church, probably because we have all been lumped together and called Hyndburn.That is Accy Ossy Church Bash Huncoat Rishton and Gt.Harwood(think i got them all) but someone will let me know if i haven't.
Total population as@ 2001 81,496
Old 13-03-2008, 05:17   #25
Resting in Peace

This section is for introduction only just to say hello if you with to start a thread please use the right section
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote

« Newbie | Bouncin' »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..