Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   N.i.m.b.y (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/n-i-m-b-y-24916.html)

maxwell silver 15-10-2006 06:46

N.i.m.b.y

Hope someone out there can help me with this.Once a cat has sprayed its scent all over your backyard & then proceeded to use it as its own personal toilet what can be done to stop it.I dont want to buy a dog or a rifle(iv'e never seen the culprit anyway),& iv'e tried cat repellents from stores(but maybe not the right one).Jeyes fluid was one suggestion but the rain kept washing it away.Bottles of water another.It started off in the planters,threw them away,but now it just uses the floor.Sorry, not a pleasant topic,but any suggestions will be appreciated.

Gayle 15-10-2006 06:56

Re: N.i.m.b.y

You can either use pepper, liberally sprinkled around, or get a water pistol if you want to remain humane - otherwise, invite Chav round, I'm sure he'll have a few suggestions! :D

Less 15-10-2006 06:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxwell silver
Hope someone out there can help me with this.Once a cat has sprayed its scent all over your backyard & then proceeded to use it as its own personal toilet what can be done to stop it.I dont want to buy a dog or a rifle(iv'e never seen the culprit anyway),& iv'e tried cat repellents from stores(but maybe not the right one).Jeyes fluid was one suggestion but the rain kept washing it away.Bottles of water another.It started off in the planters,threw them away,but now it just uses the floor.Sorry, not a pleasant topic,but any suggestions will be appreciated.

Have a word with chav1 he's our resident cat expert, in fact his words of wisdom, and those of others that suffer in a similar manner to yourself, can be found in a few other threads if you wish to look for them.

But be warned, those cat owners will attack at the slightest provocation!

:)

AccyJay 15-10-2006 10:11

I had a similar problem earlier this year. After cleaning up the offending area, I cut up an onion into small pieces & sprinkled all over the corner that the cat was using as a toilet.

Strange remedy, but it worked.

:D

Margaret Pilkington 15-10-2006 12:35

Slivers of orange peel also work...cats hate the smell of citrus fruits.

jimmi5bellies 16-10-2006 07:57

Debbie J put orange peel in her bins to stop my cats having a root through. My cat simply threw out the peel and carried on having a rummage ! :p

WillowTheWhisp 16-10-2006 07:58

That wouldn't be the cat you've got that's about the size of a bengal tiger would it? :D

jimmi5bellies 16-10-2006 08:46

lol, yes probably ! He also has a thing for jumping on peoples cars and chewing their aerials.

entwisi 16-10-2006 09:17

Believe it or not, Tiger poo, get soem from a zoo and cats won't come near.

Something to do with them recognising bigger more vicious brother on the case

grannyclaret 16-10-2006 10:14

will vinigar work ?,it seems to be a cure for all sorts of things,,,,, marvelous stuff..

Madhatter 16-10-2006 12:29

jeyes fluid in tea bags seems to work but stinks. Getting agressive just means they run when you go out, it doesn't stop them coming on to what they see as their territory

grego 16-10-2006 13:59

I was going to suggest either the tiger poo which you can buy at DIY stores or garden centre's or the sonic devices, we had one that worked a treat until someone nicked it!

WillowTheWhisp 16-10-2006 14:02

How pongy is the tiger poo?

Neil 16-10-2006 14:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxwell silver
Jeyes fluid was one suggestion

It is supposed to work but the hard bit is actually convincing the cat to drink it :rolleyes:

cherokee 16-10-2006 14:19

wouldnt the tiger poo be as offensive as the cat poo? sounds vile heehee