Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Dr. Who/Torchwood/Captain Jack (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/dr-who-torchwood-captain-jack-27341.html)

WillowTheWhisp 04-01-2007 09:54

Dr. Who/Torchwood/Captain Jack

This is/are a question (or three) for those who watch Dr. Who and Torchwood.

I think I must have been distracted during the Dr. Who episode where Captain Jack Harkness showed up. )It happens a lot when somebody wanders into the room and stands in front of the TV. :rolleyes: ) Is he human? If not, what is he? I seem to remember him absorbing some sort of life force which would explain how come in Torchwood he doesn't die but where did he originally come from? At the end of Torchwood last night there were Tardis-y noises so I'm assuming he was whipped away by the doctor but would that have been when he appeared in Dr. Who? In which case he wouldn't already have his regenerative properties. Or does he show up twice in Dr. Who with a gap between and I missed one?

He (the character) was very daring, dancing with and passionately kissing the real Jack Harkness in a crowded dance hall in the 1940s - or at least the real Jack was because that would certainly have been shocking in those days wouldn't it? Is that the end of Torchwood now he's gone? Was he there from the start when Queen Vic set it up? Did Queen Vic know he wasn't quite human?

See, I told you I get distracted and miss bits. :D I really should record these things.

flashy 04-01-2007 10:26

Re: Dr. Who/Torchwood/Captain Jack

i dont know about any of that but i know the bloke who plays him is gay and has just got married :D

***Mr D*** 04-01-2007 10:30

Have a Looky

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Harkness#Doctor_Who

Might Help seems to be a lot of info, to much for me to read.

WillowTheWhisp 04-01-2007 10:52

Thanks Mr. D. That answers most of my questions. All I'm left wondering now is who Jack really is and when he belongs. He is human, but can't see anything about when he was born or what he was called before he adopted the name of Jack Harkness.

Lolly 04-01-2007 10:55

Thank god you found that Mr D. I really didn't want to start explaining it all. The only thing I will add is that The Doctor (Christopher Eccleston) & Rose left him on The Gamestation, in the episode Bad Wolf (the episode where they are in Big Brother & The Weakest Link) It hasn't yet been explained how he got back to Earth (for Torchwood). Maybe he did meet Queen Victoria when she started up Torchwood, as he is a time traveller???? I'm sure we'll find out at some point though. He is supposed to be making an appearance in the new series of Dr Who though.

It does say he's from the 51st Century.

flashy 04-01-2007 10:57

anyone know when the new series of dr who is coming on ?

WillowTheWhisp 04-01-2007 10:59

In Torchwood he seems to BE Torchwood. I mean he is very clearly the leader and has knowledge above and beyond the others, which makes it hard to imagine him as a recruit to an already existing Torchwood at some point in history when Queen Victoria created it.

flashy 04-01-2007 11:02

Its Only Fiction Its Not Real :)

Lolly 04-01-2007 11:04

Well it shows Queen Victoria coming up with the idea and the name in the episode "Tooth & Claw" maybe he set it up with her shortly after that episode??

Lolly 04-01-2007 11:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 360759)

Yeah, but its bloody good fiction.

WillowTheWhisp 04-01-2007 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 360759)

Yes but to be credible it has to have continuity.

flashy 04-01-2007 11:06

well obviously, but they need that in a series dont they otherwise it would ****** up a bit wouldnt it :D

WillowTheWhisp 04-01-2007 11:07

Exactly :)

accymel 04-01-2007 12:08

Ask Tinks about captain jack harkness - she's the expert LOL ;)

SPUGGIE J 04-01-2007 12:40

He is Dr Who's long lost son. :D Watching the episode last night the whatever the beast drew out of him was erriely like what happened to Rose when she opened the heart of the tardis and the Dr had to retrieve it prior to his reincarnation. Think it was in a battle against the Kaleds. :D