Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Womens Work? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/womens-work-29036.html)

Mancie 07-03-2007 05:58

Womens Work?

How come you can give a women 5 pairs of socks.. and say ..a couple of t-shirts to put in the wash.. and you don't get nowt back?.. or you might get 2 pairs of odd socks back and find a t-shirt 2 months later?...

In t'imes gone by you could get home from work..dinner on t'able, change socks and go down pub...but nowdays you get these fancy washin machines women like to have.. they put a gallon of fabric softening stuff in,gel,cubes... but 4 hours later .. the socks have disappeared!
Never happend when they had good old mangle.. put yer socks in and they came out on t'other end.

entwisi 07-03-2007 06:42

Re: Womens Work?

aye, its the hungry washing machine. They are known to eat socks (at least they are at our house :D )

WillowTheWhisp 07-03-2007 07:53

It's a well known fact that washing machines eat socks. Ours has been particularly hungry recently.

Mick 07-03-2007 07:56

just buy all black socks then you allways have a pair:)

WillowTheWhisp 07-03-2007 08:07

I do that with white ones for the kids but it doesn't stop em disappearing! They get down to about one sock each!

Tinkerbelle 07-03-2007 08:11

I've noticed more odd pairs of socks recently than I had before and of course blamed it on the hungry washing machine ....... until I found out the pups been nicking them and hiding them in the garden!!! :eek:

AccyMad 07-03-2007 09:44

Ah bless! I too had that problem when mine was a puppy, he also had a fetish for tights, although the ending to that particular problem wasn't too pleasant - let's just say they didn;t come out naturally :)

accymel 07-03-2007 09:54

Aye yep the washer is a clothes muching machine - had evidence recently, when my fav cardi came out of washer chewed as did my pillow case:(

So the holes in the kids socks maybe result of attempted washer bites:rolleyes:

grego 07-03-2007 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 393926)
How come you can give a women 5 pairs of socks.. and say ..a couple of t-shirts to put in the wash.. and you don't get nowt back?.. or you might get 2 pairs of odd socks back and find a t-shirt 2 months later?...

In t'imes gone by you could get home from work..dinner on t'able, change socks and go down pub...but nowdays you get these fancy washin machines women like to have.. they put a gallon of fabric softening stuff in,gel,cubes... but 4 hours later .. the socks have disappeared!
Never happend when they had good old mangle.. put yer socks in and they came out on t'other end.

You could always DIY :D

garinda 07-03-2007 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by grego (Post 393991)
You could always DIY :D

He probably does.

Which would explain why he was on here all night, and started this thread at 6.58 am, whilst waiting for his delicates to finish.:D

jambutty 07-03-2007 11:51

If your washing machine is eating socks then the answer is quite simple. Don’t wear socks then you have none to wash. If there are none to wash the machine can't eat them.

However I have trained my washing machine to behave. Everything that gets put in comes out in the same condition that it went in except the items are clean. But my machine does get its revenge. It turns everything inside out including socks when it is feeling particularly grumpy but on good days it is only the odd item.

OK! Nurse! I’ll put that jacket on now I’ve finished typing.

mthead 07-03-2007 11:54

Isn't there a bag thing you can get made out of netting stuff that you can put your socks and smalls in???

grego 07-03-2007 11:57

My machine doesn't eat socks either, dont have a problem there, the underwire from bra's, well thats a different story, lost count how many times they've been dragged from the filter.

grego 07-03-2007 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by mthead (Post 394045)
Isn't there a bag thing you can get made out of netting stuff that you can put your socks and smalls in???

Yeah Betterware:)

entwisi 07-03-2007 12:08

Just use an old pillow case

<Ian in domesticated shocker!> :D