Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Night Before Dillema (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/night-before-dillema-30638.html)

maxwell silver 10-05-2007 18:37

Night Before Dillema

On a different shift tomorrow(early start),which means if i want my recyclables collected i'll have to put them out the front of the house tonight.Has anyone done this & encountered any problems with kids emptying refuse all over the street or do they find it okay:confused: We've absolutley tons this week due to the bank holiday & i don't want to walk out the front door to it all over the shop in the morning.:mad: I usually put the bin out the night before & don't have any problems buts thats at the back of the house not the front on the street.

cashman 10-05-2007 18:44

Re: Night Before Dillema

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxwell silver (Post 422359)
On a different shift tomorrow(early start),which means if i want my recyclables collected i'll have to put them out the front of the house tonight.Has anyone done this & encountered any problems with kids emptying refuse all over the street or do they find it okay:confused: We've absolutley tons this week due to the bank holiday & i don't want to walk out the front door to it all over the shop in the morning.:mad: I usually put the bin out the night before & don't have any problems buts thats at the back of the house not the front on the street.

i usually put the bag out about midnight,cos they collect around here before i am up, no problems so far.:)

panther 10-05-2007 18:50

early start you mean in the morning?
put em out then, i always do before i take the kids to school

maxwell silver 10-05-2007 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by panther (Post 422374)
early start you mean in the morning?
put em out then, i always do before i take the kids to school

Panther i'm out of the house before 5am & although it's getting light i don't want to be dragging sacks(2 of) empty tins/plastic & a box full of bottles,with God knows what clinging to it,through the house.Plus we might get the added bonus of some overnight rain.:( The wife can't assist on this one for medical reasons:rolleyes:

panther 10-05-2007 19:05

do you have a garden?
put em in it and move to pavement in morning:D

katex 10-05-2007 19:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by panther (Post 422390)
do you have a garden?
put em in it and move to pavement in morning:D

I put mine out the night before on my little bit of square lawn, never move it onto the pavement in the morning, and had no trouble.

Question is Panther, as I drive to work in the morning and see my neighbours bins on the pavement ... is this not some sort of blockage? We get fined for covering up half the pavement if cars are over the kerb and obstructing disabled 'chairs' from getting through, so what is the difference here ?

Neil 10-05-2007 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 422405)
so what is the difference here ?

It's a case of do as I say not do as I do.

SPUGGIE J 10-05-2007 20:46

Cob em out at dawn and go to work but with fingers crossed:D

davo69 10-05-2007 21:22

katex good point

WillowTheWhisp 10-05-2007 21:26

I always put mine out the night before because it's bedlam here in the mornings.

mallard 10-05-2007 21:40

:( I have the same probblem put the things out like my blue box with the food tins in i don,t drink my self but the cheeky sods up a bove me put there beer cans in mine if there blue box is full (what a cheek)

shillelagh 10-05-2007 21:49

I dont bother putting any of my bins out. I'm on the assisted scheme - they come round and wheel the bins out, empty them and bring them back.

Ianto.W. 10-05-2007 21:54

Put it out before you go to bed the refuse police clock out at 5.00 pm, If it's all over the 'shop' as you say in the morning there is little you can do about it only leave for the road sweeper, I personally could not give a damn what happens to my crap once it's through the door it's their problem.

Tinkerbelle 10-05-2007 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 422464)
it's bedlam here in the mornings.

....... and I always thought you where on Willows Lane :D

lillypad 10-05-2007 22:47

PUT IT ALL IN YOUR BIN AND DON'T GIVE A STUFF!! thats what you pay your council tax for!