Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   buddy or elvis ?? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/buddy-or-elvis-32961.html)

cashman 17-08-2007 23:11

Re: buddy or elvis ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by ossy kid (Post 461785)
Different, but both great in their own realm. Any of Buddy or early Elvis and I can dance the night away.

give me some of what your on ossykid, a couple of bops n i'm knackered.;)

grannyclaret 17-08-2007 23:16

Elvis Was Lovely ,but So Was Buddy Holly,,,oooh What A Delemma ,,,they Were Both Fabulous,,,,i Think Buddy Holly Would Have Been A Lot More Popular Than He Was, If He Haddent Died So Young,,,21 I Think ,
Then There Was Billy Fury Too,,,wonderful

Wynonie Harris 17-08-2007 23:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by grannyclaret (Post 461791)
i Think Buddy Holly Would Have Been A Lot More Popular Than He Was, If He Haddent Died So Young

I think so too. I reckon if he'd lived his songwriting would have developed into the 60's and beyond and he'd have been up there with the Beatles, Stones and Dylan as one of the giants of popular music. In fact, I think he would have altered the course of pop music.

Alan Gilmartin 18-08-2007 00:27

Agree Mr C, Parker, was a BUM, Pity he lost his greatest fan, ( Glady's ) so early in his career.

cashman 18-08-2007 00:31

You've got some great stories Mr C, love to hear about June 59. - have transfered it here alan lol, was down St Marys Bay (Kent) with school and went in a coffee bar in Folkstone one night. 11 yrs old with me woobines trying to look cool lol, and this record (Everyday) came on the jukebox, was fascinated so went to look who it was, Buddy Holly of coarse, that was it,was well hooked,n every penny then went on his records, 2 yrs later i turned up at school one morning, with a donkey jacket on,with Buddy Holly on the back in studs,needless to say was sent home - to come back in my uniform pmsl, but had acheived my nickname which has stuck to this day.;):D

cherokee 18-08-2007 00:36

,,,,i Think Buddy Holly Would Have Been A Lot More Popular Than He Was, If He Haddent Died So Young,,,21 I Think ,
oooo completely agree granny ... and i love watching the buddy holly story could watch it over and over ..

grannyclaret 18-08-2007 20:38

When i hear true love ways ,it always reminds me of the last waltz at the mecca ballroom...

flashy 19-08-2007 09:03

neither of them, i went off Elvis when they started re-releasing his singles all mashed up, and i dont think i know one song by Buddy Holly

West Ender 19-08-2007 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 462225)
and i dont think i know one song by Buddy Holly

Have you ever watched "Heartbeat" on a Sunday evening (ITV)? If you have, you know at least 1 Buddy Holly song, even though it's not him singing it. ;)

flashy 19-08-2007 15:02

ok i may of heard them without knowing that its him singing them :D lol

pipinfort 19-08-2007 17:57

got to be `The King ` for me.

Pendle Red 19-08-2007 18:19

Buddy was Great!:)
But there was only one King!!:D
If there is one song that makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end it has to be " An American Triology" Pure class!!

garinda 19-08-2007 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendle Red (Post 462354)
If there is one song that makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end it has to be " An American Triology" Pure class!!

I agree, that and 'How Great Thou Art' has the same affect on me.

Buddy Holly's music was great, but doesn't compare to Elvis's.

mez 19-08-2007 19:41

buddy holly for me never did like elvis still don't. i prefared billy fury ..

ANNE 19-08-2007 19:47

Same for me Pendle Red n Rindy. Beautiful sooo moving.