Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Favourite Recipe For Juices (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/favourite-recipe-for-juices-33549.html)

BERNADETTE 15-09-2007 13:32

Re: Favourite Recipe For Juices

Quote:

Originally Posted by grannyclaret (Post 471068)
well i did say ..PEACH .. shnapss :o

Very good Granny:p

West Ender 15-09-2007 15:06

I bought a juicer earlier this year. It's good and easy to clean (and put back together ;)) but it takes quite a fair bit of fruit to get a full glass of juice and, what with the washing out etc., it's easier just to eat the fruit. :D

BERNADETTE 15-09-2007 15:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by West Ender (Post 471120)
I bought a juicer earlier this year. It's good and easy to clean (and put back together ;)) but it takes quite a fair bit of fruit to get a full glass of juice and, what with the washing out etc., it's easier just to eat the fruit. :D

Well mine is really awkward, haven't even got it back together yet(haven't tried today). It was Ian who wanted one and with him not being to well he isn't really eating as he should. Just thought it was a good way to get plenty of goodness into his system:D

West Ender 15-09-2007 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 471129)
Well mine is really awkward, haven't even got it back together yet(haven't tried today). It was Ian who wanted one and with him not being to well he isn't really eating as he should. Just thought it was a good way to get plenty of goodness into his system:D

I feel for you, Bernadette. If all else fails, take it back to the shop where you bought it and ask them to do it and show you how it fits together - if they can!

Oh, if you ever get the thing working again, strawberry and mango makes a nice drink. :)

BERNADETTE 15-09-2007 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by West Ender (Post 471149)
I feel for you, Bernadette. If all else fails, take it back to the shop where you bought it and ask them to do it and show you how it fits together - if they can!

Oh, if you ever get the thing working again, strawberry and mango makes a nice drink. :)

I might just get another one, what make is yours?

West Ender 15-09-2007 16:05

I don't know which company made it, its a Lloyd's Pharmacy own brand.

BERNADETTE 15-09-2007 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by West Ender (Post 471201)
I don't know which company made it, its a Lloyd's Pharmacy own brand.

Managed to get it back together between us, I won't be using that one again. We are gioing to get a different sort altogether:o

Tin Monkey 15-09-2007 20:01

This is the one I have

Amazon.co.uk: Antony Worrall Thompson by Breville JE16 Professional Juice Extractor: Kitchen & Home

It juices most vegetables/fruits whole (just peel oranges, bananas, obviously). It leaves the pulp very dry, which means of course that it exacts more juice than cheaper models and so you don't use as many vegetables/fruits and is therefore cheaper to run.
As an example, 2 large carrots and an apple make one medium size glass of juice.

I use mine every day and it works like a charm. Cleaning is pretty easy too and only takes 5 minutes.

BERNADETTE 15-09-2007 20:15

That looks a good one , will show it to Ian when he wakes up. I should have asked for advice before I got one, how come we are always wise after the event?:D

Tin Monkey 15-09-2007 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 471252)
That looks a good one , will show it to Ian when he wakes up. I should have asked for advice before I got one, how come we are always wise after the event?:D

I'm not a salesman or a friend of Worrell Thompson ;) , but it is very sturdy too. I read loads of reviews before buying one.

I had another one from that range and that was great too. Unfortunately my ex-wife took it and left me high and dry. ;) :D

BERNADETTE 15-09-2007 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tin Monkey (Post 471255)
I'm not a salesman or a friend of Worrell Thompson ;) , but it is very sturdy too. I read loads of reviews before buying one.

I had another one from that range and that was great too. Unfortunately my ex-wife took it and left me high and dry. ;) :D

Like I say should have asked for advice, will definetly be getting another one.:)

grannyclaret 15-09-2007 23:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 471129)
It was Ian who wanted one and with him not being to well he isn't really eating as he should. Just thought it was a good way to get plenty of goodness into his system:D

Have you tried complan,,,its like a milkshake and a realy good standby, full of vitamins,,,

BERNADETTE 16-09-2007 00:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by grannyclaret (Post 471294)
Have you tried complan,,,its like a milkshake and a realy good standby, full of vitamins,,,

It's not really for me GC, him indoors has gone all funny and decided a juicer is the answer. As he is paying who am I to argue?:p