Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Favourite Recipe For Juices (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/favourite-recipe-for-juices-33549.html)

BERNADETTE 14-09-2007 18:22

Favourite Recipe For Juices

I have just bought a juicer, thought there would have been some recipe ideas but alas there isn't. Anybody got any favourite recipes? I have got apples, oranges, bannanas,plums, strawberries and nectarines. Any suggestions will be more than welcome.:)

BERNADETTE 14-09-2007 19:58

Re: Favourite Recipe For Juices

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 470886)
I have just bought a juicer, thought there would have been some recipe ideas but alas there isn't. Anybody got any favourite recipes? I have got apples, oranges, bannanas,plums, strawberries and nectarines. Any suggestions will be more than welcome.:)

No wonder nobody has answered, just cleaned the damm thing and now I can't get it back together. Why do they make things so awkward? It won't be getting used much because I will end up smashing the bloody thing!!:eek:

glasgow guy 14-09-2007 19:58

try here...

Juice Master - Welcome To Our Juicy Recipes!

this should keep you busy for a while

K.S.H 14-09-2007 19:59

Just make your own up and throw a bit of everything in :)

BERNADETTE 14-09-2007 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by glasgow guy (Post 470920)
try here...

Juice Master - Welcome To Our Juicy Recipes!

this should keep you busy for a while

Interesting now I need to get it back in one piece . Thanks:)

Tin Monkey 14-09-2007 20:31

I've been juicing for a while now. My regular daily juice is carrot and apple. For one decent glass it takes about 3 medium carrots plus 1 apple. Very nice tasting juice. For variation try adding a stick of celery, or about 1" of root ginger.

What sort did you buy? Is it a centrifugal juicer?

Cleaning juicers can be a bit of a pain, but mine is pretty simple and quick to clean. Nigel Slater, in his book 'Thirst', says that you have to see cleaning the machine as part of the juicing process. That's how I approach it now and I don't mind the few minutes it takes to clean mine now.

BERNADETTE 14-09-2007 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tin Monkey (Post 470933)
I've been juicing for a while now. My regular daily juice is carrot and apple. For one decent glass it takes about 3 medium carrots plus 1 apple. Very nice tasting juice. For variation try adding a stick of celery, or about 1" of root ginger.

What sort did you buy? Is it a centrifugal juicer?

Cleaning juicers can be a bit of a pain, by mine is pretty simple and quick to clean. Nigel Slater, in his book 'Thirst', says tht you have to see cleaning the machine as part of the juicing process. That's how I approach it now and I don't mind the few minutes it takes to clean mine now.

I'm not bothered about the cleaning I just can't get it back together. It is my own fault it said to practice before doing any juices. I will leave it till tomorrow now because I don't want to break it!!!

BERNADETTE 14-09-2007 20:40

It is a whole fruit juicer.

Tin Monkey 14-09-2007 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 470939)
It is a whole fruit juicer.

I have a Breville juicer from the AWT range. I bought it because I could put in whole fruits without peeling (except oranges, bananas, etc), which speeds things up. The pulp is really dry as well, which means it's getting most of the juice out of the veg/fruit too.

I'm convinced it's made a difference to my overall health.

Good luck with the juicing. :)

BERNADETTE 14-09-2007 20:49

Thanks we have had some and really enjoyed it, it is a good way to get plenty of fruit and veg.

MargaretR 14-09-2007 21:06

Beware of Kiwi fruit - my sieve section has liitle black bits which no amount of scrubbing will get out

BERNADETTE 14-09-2007 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 470955)
Beware of Kiwi fruit - my sieve section has liitle black bits which no amount of scrubbing will get out

Will bear that in mind Thanks:D

grannyclaret 14-09-2007 21:21

Whatever you use...it wont taste right without some booze.....peach shcnaps is good.....:drunk:

BERNADETTE 14-09-2007 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by grannyclaret (Post 470961)
Whatever you use...it wont taste right without some booze.....peach shcnaps is good.....:drunk:

Trust you GC we are talking about our health her:eek:

grannyclaret 15-09-2007 13:31

well i did say ..PEACH .. schnaps :o its got fruit..
slinking off quickly