Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Who Would Get Your Money??? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/who-would-get-your-money-38922.html)

emamum 27-04-2008 22:36

Re: Who Would Get Your Money???

i was very lucky to have my grandad to look after tyler. some people dont have that. As i was given no help from anywhere else i can understand why some people struggle and take rubbish jobs when they could be doing alot better.

I worked up until i moved to accrington and as soon as i find a job that suits my qualifications i will work again. I know some people will say i should take any job that i can get but i didnt spend all that time and effort studying to work at mcdonalds.

onlyme 27-04-2008 22:45

After spending this afternoon attending a display of the Irish Guards Choir and being humbled by the presence of the British Limbless Ex-Servicemens Association, I have got to say, my money would be spent in this country and a major part of it, going to those who have sacrificed so much for the country I live in.

These guys certainly put my problems in perspective

steeljack 27-04-2008 22:47

maybe the folks sending money overseas direct are clever enough to know that if they gave to a UK charity only a fraction of it would end up with the needy , the biggest part going into salaries and administration costs.

BERNADETTE 27-04-2008 22:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by onlyme (Post 568555)
After spending this afternoon attending a display of the Irish Guards Choir and being humbled by the presence of the British Limbless Ex-Servicemens Association, I have got to say, my money would be spent in this country and a major part of it, going to those who have sacrificed so much for the country I live in.

These guys certainly put my problems in perspective

What a lovely sentiment, would give you karma but have given to much out in last twenty four hours. Sorry:(

emamum 27-04-2008 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 568559)
What a lovely sentiment, would give you karma but have given to much out in last twenty four hours. Sorry:(

I sent some and put your name on it as well :D

garinda 27-04-2008 22:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeljack (Post 568557)
maybe the folks sending money overseas direct are clever enough to know that if they gave to a UK charity only a fraction of it would end up with the needy , the biggest part going into salaries and administration costs.

Are you therefore suggesting we should stop sending money to you poor folks in the former colonies, because most of it goes on administration?:D

BERNADETTE 27-04-2008 23:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by emamum23 (Post 568561)
I sent some and put your name on it as well :D

Thanks Em;)

keetah992000 27-04-2008 23:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 568516)
Apparently that's already been sorted via the benefit system.

Though it is not funded by a charitable trust...just the hard working saps who actually go to work all their lives and pay their income tax, thus enabling those workshy parents to stay at home with their offspring.

i dont think you have to be workshy to want to stay at home with young children and i do know what you are saying - there are people who will have child after child. but i have worked from the age of 16 - so that is a good 16 years worth of tax etc i have paid into the system. when i have a child - i dont want to have to put him/her in a nursery whilst i go to work - i may not actually have that choice i have a feeling i would have to go back within the time of my maternity leave but i would like to spend time with my child in its first years is there anything wrong with that ?
nurseries are good for children so it isnt the old should children be in nurseries debate - it is just personal choice- and i would probably work part time to stay sane lol
but wouldnt it be nice - if you have worked as much as you can to have the choice?

grannyclaret 27-04-2008 23:52

I would prefer to give to our own charaties, such as The Macmillon Nurses ,The Trinity Hospice, Diabetes, etc .Our country is dependent on charity donations too.

Just a thought,i was in the Bradford and Bingly bank the other day,and a bloke behind the counter asked me if i wanted to take out a funeral plan,,I must be looking old and decrepid now...he got the short shrift i can tell you:eek:

emamum 27-04-2008 23:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by grannyclaret (Post 568595)
I would prefer to give to our own charaties, such as The Macmillon Nurses ,The Trinity Hospice, Diabetes, etc .Our country is dependent on charity donations too.

Just a thought,i was in the Bradford and Bingly bank the other day,and a bloke behind the counter asked me if i wanted to take out a funeral plan,,I must be looking old and decrepid now...he got the short shrift i can tell you:eek:

i got asked if i wanted to sign up for a savings account at the post office..... erm... ive just cleared my account out and you have seen how much i get... do you really think i need a savings account??

jackyalex 28-04-2008 08:38

My first choice would be charities for childhood illnesses, my second choice would be help mums/dads whichever half isnt at work get back into work after staying at home to brings up their children, because their is no help for mums/dad who have stayed at home to bring up the children, also help for single parents on getting back to work and somewhere for the single parents to have a break from the kids ( a health farm for the parent and a huge play center for the kids where you can leave them all day

onlyme 28-04-2008 08:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 568559)

Thanks Bernie and Emma! LOL. Was a very emotional afternoon (ie, I was blubbering wreck lol) x

jaysay 28-04-2008 10:25

Its a simple choice for me home based charities every time, Macmillan nurses, the Christy, Asthma U.K. Royal British Legion, and local charities like the Hyndburn Blind Society, and Maundy Relief

MargaretR 28-04-2008 10:31

My preferred charity is Shelter.
A roof over the head is the basic need for civilised living

Lolly 29-04-2008 10:15

It would depend on how much money I had, i mean if I had the amount that these people on Forbes Rich List have then I'd either regulary give to a couple of charities: NSPCC, Cancer Research, Macmillan Nurses & Marie Curie or would give loads of different one £1million each. If you have that sort of money then whats £30million for 30 different charities.

Would you be like Anita Roddick or Bill Gates who left/are leaving nothing to their children when they die? All going to charities. Although Anitas children didn't need it (they have their own and their fathers inheritance) and i'm sure Bill Gates won't leave the children with nothing. I'm not sure if i could.