Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Accrington Conservative Club (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/accrington-conservative-club-41599.html)

Chelmswood 05-08-2008 15:08

Accrington Conservative Club

Hiyah, i have just driven past the old Accrington Conservative Club on Cannon street, Accrington, opposite the municipal offices and saw two men in hi-viz jackets entering the premises via the front gate.

I noticed that on the way back they had replaced the padlock with a shiny new one and stuck a notice to the railings, can anyone tell me anything more about whats happening at this site as i didnt have time to stop.

Also i noticed that they were later accompanied by four or five smartly dressed official looking gentlemen one of which who arrived in a chauffeur driven rolls royce.

The Gentlemen were in a white Mercedes sprinter van which on the side said H.M. Joint Ventures.

I would appreciate any information anybody has about the company of what the gentlemen were doin as they obviously had the keys to the premises.

Less 05-08-2008 15:12

Re: Accrington Conservative Club

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chelmswood (Post 615025)

Also i noticed that they were later accompanied by four or five smartly dressed official looking gentlemen one of which who arrived in a chauffeur driven rolls royce.

Are you spying on me? Do you work for the social? Can I not moonlight as a chauffeur without someone spreading it all over the web?

:confused:

Haven't you asked us to do your work before?

About Chelmswood
Location Now
Slaidburn village
Occupation
I am the HR Manager for the Chelmswood and Kingwilkinson estate
How did you find out about us?
Search Engine

katex 05-08-2008 15:13

Maybe Bernadette can go and take a look at the notice for us .. :D

grego 05-08-2008 15:15

Its about time something was done with the building, hope it doesn't become luxury flats though.

garinda 05-08-2008 15:18

Perhaps Andrewb has hired it for a meeting of the local Young Conservatives.

It should be safe enough for just the two of them.:D

Chelmswood 05-08-2008 15:20

Hiya, thnx for the replies i have jus read an article in the accrington observer about it being squatted in, this building is so beutiful yet it has been allowed to fall into disrepair. Its disgusting somebody should do something about it, and if these gentleman were there to maintain or preserve the building i hope they make a good job of it, and preserve it fo future generations.

Less 05-08-2008 15:24

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ion-34634.html

Margaret will tell us when she comes on.
:D

Chelmswood 05-08-2008 15:53

My curiosity has got the better of me, i have had a look back down and read the notice, i cant remember it to its entirety but this is the jist of it.

H.M. Joint Ventures has taken over the premises and will be securing it and making it safe, they will be clearing out and prserving the premises until such a tme when it becomes necessary to find suitable alternative uses.

Hope that helps, also can anyone shed any light on H.M. Joint Ventures as i cant find any information about them

cashman 05-08-2008 15:59

why the interest? missed oppertunity? n by the way Blazeys still waiting for her pack, after volunteering to assist you last year.:rolleyes:

garinda 05-08-2008 16:01

Perhaps someone is about to claim quarrying rights under it.:D

Chelmswood 05-08-2008 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 615057)
why the interest? missed oppertunity? n by the way Blazeys still waiting for her pack, after volunteering to assist you last year.:rolleyes:

Hiya i apolagise unreservedly about this instance, i no longer work for the chelmswood or king-Wilkinson estate and can only assure you and Blazey that her details were passed onto our Mailing office who ican only presume failed to dispatch the parcel.

jaysay 05-08-2008 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 615035)
Perhaps Andrewb has hired it for a meeting of the local Young Conservatives.

It should be safe enough for just the two of them.:D

3 Rindi they're allowed one older member to give guidance:D

Baxenden 05-08-2008 16:55

Hello all, i am new on here and have just registered today. I am glad i came accross this thread as it is because of what i saw at the Conservative club this morning that i chose to register on this forum.

Like chelmswood i saw people entering and leaving what i presumed was an abandoned and derelict building, i am not sure as to the make of the car but i can confirm the gentleman that arrived by car was lets say LOADED for lack of better words.

I am confused as to what is goin on here, the last known owners, according o the local paper is a firm called Axicon or something like that, yet the workers i have seen and the gentlemen i spoke to all represent a company called HM Joint Ventures.

I asked what was happening and was told that the team had been surveying the building and carrying out Health and safety risk assesments before begining restoration.

I hope this information helps Chelmswood.

MargaretR 05-08-2008 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chelmswood (Post 615036)
Hiya, thnx for the replies i have jus read an article in the accrington observer about it being squatted in, this building is so beutiful yet it has been allowed to fall into disrepair. Its disgusting somebody should do something about it, and if these gentleman were there to maintain or preserve the building i hope they make a good job of it, and preserve it fo future generations.

So someone else got squatting before your old employer did:D

Baxenden 05-08-2008 17:55

Ive just been told that someone has purchased the building for 300,000 from Axicon so im guessing it will be HM Joint Ventures

cashman 05-08-2008 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chelmswood (Post 615061)
Hiya i apolagise unreservedly about this instance, i no longer work for the chelmswood or king-Wilkinson estate and can only assure you and Blazey that her details were passed onto our Mailing office who ican only presume failed to dispatch the parcel.

call me a suspicious git, but perhaps the dispatch failed to arrive cos of her legal background?

MargaretR 05-08-2008 18:02

At least they haven't got it for nowt
like some expect to :rolleyes:

Baxenden 05-08-2008 18:31

I Know, but to be honest if someone had the money and time to do it up it wouldnt be such a bad idea for them to have claimed via possesion rights or whatever there called, even if they just secured it and prserved the exterior to neaten the street.

I am glad someone is doing something about it now though, i just hope it doesnt turn into another lucrative money making scheme. After talking to the person who i presumed was in charge i very much doubt that though.

cashman 05-08-2008 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baxenden (Post 615117)
I Know, but to be honest if someone had the moeny and time to do it up it wouldnt be such a bad idea for them to have claimed via possesion rights or whatever there called, even if they just secured it and prserved the exterior to neaten the street.

I am glad someone is doing something about it now though.

hope that turns out to be the case, its a great old building n one i would be very sad if it vanished.

Baxenden 05-08-2008 18:56

Lets hope so, and i do hope they do a better job of conservation than the owners of Churchill's did when they totally disregarded the buildings listed status and stuck ugly lights all over the ball rooms magnificents vaulted ceiling.

joaner3 06-08-2008 01:40

If you Google HM Joint Ventures you come up with some Government stuff.

katex 06-08-2008 08:35

This is the only company anywhere near the name that I can find, may not be correct though :-

WebCHeck - Select and Access Company Information

Baxenden 06-08-2008 09:29

Thanks Katex, that looks as though it is the right organisation seen as thought its areas of interest are real estate and property development etc.

Out of interest does anybody know if anything has been said to the council or nearby residents, that may constitute applications for planning permission.

And also has anyone had a chance to visit the building and read the notice, as when i did i was in a hurry.

jaysay 06-08-2008 10:04

Well whoever buys the place they'll have to spend a small fortune on it to bring it back to its former glory. I don't think for a minute that they have alleviated the dry rot which was rampant in the cellar part of the building and was spreading fast, that was 15 years ago, and I know for a fact that the chap who bought it at first didn't make the slightest attempt to tackle the problem because he was quoted something like £75,000 to do the job, so what it will cost now is anybodies guess.

BERNADETTE 06-08-2008 10:08

Baxenden I live just round the corner and haven't heard anything. To be honest will be glad if something is done as it is a right mess with all the windows boarded up. Such a shame that such a beautiful building has been let go to ruin

Baxenden 06-08-2008 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 615338)
Baxenden I live just round the corner and haven't heard anything. To be honest will be glad if something is done as it is a right mess with all the windows boarded up. Such a shame that such a beautiful building has been let go to ruin

Bernadette, im sure the feeling is mutual. Such an iportant and historic building needs caring for, i just hope they make a proper job of it and conserve it appropriately.

Have you by any chance read the notice that has been affixed to the front gate or had any contact with the company ?

I cannot imagine it would be anything illegal though as the street is covered in CCTV and the council offices are immediately opposite.

BERNADETTE 06-08-2008 11:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baxenden (Post 615405)
Bernadette, im sure the feeling is mutual. Such an iportant and historic building needs caring for, i just hope they make a proper job of it and conserve it appropriately.

Have you by any chance read the notice that has been affixed to the front gate or had any contact with the company ?

I cannot imagine it would be anything illegal though as the street is covered in CCTV and the council offices are immediately opposite.

No I haven't been out yet today but will make a point of reading it later, no contact from the company as yet.

Baxenden 06-08-2008 12:08

Okay, if you dont mind, could you let me know what it says as i am very interested in any proposed plans for the premises.

BERNADETTE 06-08-2008 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baxenden (Post 615428)
Okay, if you dont mind, could you let me know what it says as i am very interested in any proposed plans for the premises.

No problem will post what it says later tonight:)

katex 06-08-2008 12:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 615306)
This is the only company anywhere near the name that I can find, may not be correct though :-

WebCHeck - Select and Access Company Information

Mmm .. the web page appears to have disappeared now.

Was a company called HB JV Ltd, based in Birmingham.

Can probably do another search on this website for Companies House yourself.

Baxenden 06-08-2008 16:48

Hiya all, Right i had a few spare moments at work today and thought id do a bit of detective work, i had a look up at the old Conservative club and called into the council offies accross the road and after a bit of persuading managed to get the following information.

HM Joint Ventures intends to procure the exclusive property rights to the premises by august 2015 and will begin restoration and clearence work later this year. The company is also persueing a claim for the Cannon street baptist churc, Opposite and accessed the building today in an attempt to move squatters out and secure it.

I spoke to a representative from the company who told me that they will be holding a public consultation and will be contacting all neighbours and concerned residents regarding action they wish to take.

I hope this information helps and if anyone knows anything else please let me know.

Thankyou

cashman 06-08-2008 16:52

interesting info,cheers fer that baxenden.:)

Baxenden 06-08-2008 18:09

MORE INFORMATION

Hello again, just got of the telephone after speaking with HM Joint Ventures. I can confirm the following:

1. The company has claimed the rights to two derelict buildings on cannon street, these are the conservative club and the baptist church, both of which are in a very very poor state of repair and are being used by squatters.

2. Today is the official start date of the companies venture within these two buildings and to mark it they have accessed both premises and served eviction orders with immediate effect.

3. Both premises have today been reasonably secured and are now being patrolled by independant security firms on a regular basis.

4. Later this year the company aims to begin clearing both sites and repairing windows and doors until both premises are weatherproof and secure.

5. by 2015 the company aims to have procured the exclusive rights to both premises and begin development.

6. There are no plans for the conservative club, however the church has planning permission to be converted into 16 luxury flats or offices.

7. Anybody wishing to inspect the plans or who requires more information can do so by calling into the Accrington Conservative Club site office, down the right hand side of the building when it is set up on the 15th September.

katex 06-08-2008 19:20

Good stuff Baxenden Sherlock .. we knew re. the Cannon Street Baptist Planning, etc., but last we heard was back on the market. Can see you gonna' be a great asset to Accy web ... well done !!

Baxenden 06-08-2008 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 615714)
Good stuff Baxenden Sherlock .. we knew re. the Cannon Street Baptist Planning, etc., but last we heard was back on the market. Can see you gonna' be a great asset to Accy web ... well done !!

Thanks Katex, im just a very nosey person to be honest. Haha.

steeljack 06-08-2008 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baxenden (Post 615671)

5. by 2015 the company aims to have procured the exclusive rights to both premises and begin development.

Maybe I'm a bit thick this morning , but just what does " procured the exclusive rights" mean , does that mean they own the place ? can anyone explain , thanks :confused: :confused:

Eric 06-08-2008 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeljack (Post 615739)
Maybe I'm a bit thick this morning , but just what does " procured the exclusive rights" mean , does that mean they own the place ? can anyone explain , thanks :confused: :confused:

"Procured the exclusive rights" sounds like the kind of phrase George Carlin would have had fun with:D "Own the place" doesn't sound nearly so important or pretentious.

And you are right .... you are a bit thick this morning;):D ... have another cup of mud, and all will be well.;)

BERNADETTE 06-08-2008 20:54

I read the notice and it seems that after extensive searching the present owners can't be found. As Baxenden says this company are going to make the building secure with a view to re-vamping but all alterations will follow planning permission. Even replacing the windows will be a big improvement and will stop further deteroration due to rain getting in.

Baxenden 06-08-2008 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 615751)
I read the notice and it seems that after extensive searching the present owners can't be found. As Baxenden says this company are going to make the building secure with a view to re-vamping but all alterations will follow planning permission. Even replacing the windows will be a big improvement and will stop further deteroration due to rain getting in.

So is this another adverse possession claim ? although i cant complain, if they company follows through with there plans.

Anything that improves the exterior of these two delapodated buildings is a god send.

BERNADETTE 06-08-2008 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baxenden (Post 615767)
So is this another adverse possession claim ? although i cant complain, if they company follows through with there plans.

Anything that improves the exterior of these two delapodated buildings is a god send.

I agree, somebody did call at the house a good few months ago to ask if I had any trouble with the squatters and left a phone number. Not heard anything since till you mentioned it on here, just hope they follow through with what they are saying.

Baxenden 06-08-2008 21:24

Bernadette, if i may be so bold, do you have a company name to go with the phone number and if so does it link in with the company thats put forward this proposal ?

I am very interested to see what becomes of the two buildings, i have asked by email if i may visit the two buildings with representatives from the companies and to my delight the organisation was only to happy to oblige, i will be going in on the 15th August. I Will take pictures and post them if anyones interested.

BERNADETTE 06-08-2008 21:31

Sorry no name and can't even find the phone number now. Will ask my neighbours if they still have a copy tomorrow, they are a bit more organised than me. If they have it will get it to you

Baxenden 06-08-2008 21:32

Thanks Bernadette, Much appreciated

MargaretR 07-08-2008 04:34

So someone beat Chelmswood to it - hence this thread
Posh squatters in Rolls Royces

Baxenden 07-08-2008 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 615956)
So someone beat Chelmswood to it - hence this thread
Posh squatters in Rolls Royces

Haha it would appear so. Although i cant verify that it was a rolls royce that the gentleman arrived in. Nevertheless if they do what they say there gonna do and when they say there gonna do it its got to be an improvement on whats there now and our councils enviromental health departments poor attempt at securing the sites.

Baxenden 07-08-2008 14:56

Hello, i have had the opportunity today to take a look inside both the conservative club and the Former baptist church, accompanies by officials from HM Joint Ventures i have tried to upload some pictures but cant, if anyone wants copies i will be pleased to email them to you

Rob H 08-08-2008 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baxenden (Post 615671)
MORE INFORMATION

Hello again, just got of the telephone after speaking with HM Joint Ventures. I can confirm the following:

1. The company has claimed the rights to two derelict buildings on cannon street, these are the conservative club and the baptist church, both of which are in a very very poor state of repair and are being used by squatters.

2. Today is the official start date of the companies venture within these two buildings and to mark it they have accessed both premises and served eviction orders with immediate effect.

3. Both premises have today been reasonably secured and are now being patrolled by independant security firms on a regular basis.

4. Later this year the company aims to begin clearing both sites and repairing windows and doors until both premises are weatherproof and secure.

6. There are no plans for the conservative club, however the church has planning permission to be converted into 16 luxury flats or offices.

7. Anybody wishing to inspect the plans or who requires more information can do so by calling into the Accrington Conservative Club site office, down the right hand side of the building when it is set up on the 15th September.

Hi Baxenden.

Quite intrigued by this thread. Surprised the notice does not contain contact details for H.M Joint Ventures. See you have spoken to them. Have you a phone number or address for them?
Cheers Rob

'erindoors 08-08-2008 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baxenden (Post 616122)
Hello, i have had the opportunity today to take a look inside both the conservative club and the Former baptist church, accompanies by officials from HM Joint Ventures i have tried to upload some pictures but cant, if anyone wants copies i will be pleased to email them to you

I would love to see the pics please, I used to work at the club as a teenager, my Step mum was the stewardess for years and I'm sure she would like to see what it looks like inside now. I will PM you chick

Gail xxxx

Baxenden 08-08-2008 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob H (Post 616395)
Hi Baxenden.

Quite intrigued by this thread. Surprised the notice does not contain contact details for H.M Joint Ventures. See you have spoken to them. Have you a phone number or address for them?
Cheers Rob

Hiya Rob, erm i do have there telephone number somewhere amongst the clutter in my office, im not currently at work however when i go in later today ill find it and post it on here for you.

Rob H 08-08-2008 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baxenden (Post 616404)
Hiya Rob, erm i do have there telephone number somewhere amongst the clutter in my office, im not currently at work however when i go in later today ill find it and post it on here for you.

Hi Bax,
Cheers for that.
Best rob

Baxenden 08-08-2008 22:42

Hello all,... quick question here,... which council department would i contact for information about what HM Joint Ventures are doin at these two derelict sites, who would be the most appropriate person to ask.

Because apparently the council, whilst they should be denying the company the right to possess illegally, have encouraged them to claim the sites whilst turning a blind eye.

katex 08-08-2008 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baxenden (Post 616717)
Hello all,... quick question here,... which council department would i contact for information about what HM Joint Ventures are doin at these two derelict sites, who would be the most appropriate person to ask.

Because apparently the council, whilst they should be denying the company the right to possess illegally, have encouraged them to claim the sites whilst turning a blind eye.

Well seemingly Cllr. G. Jones heads the Planning Department .. send him a P.M. ... is a member on here. Under G.Jones .. is responsive.

Baxenden 08-08-2008 22:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 616721)
Well seemingly Cllr. G. Jones heads the Planning Department .. send him a P.M. ... is a member on here. Under G.Jones .. is responsive.

Thanks Katex, Much appreciated... Its really complicated all this business and no one seems to know exactly whats happening, even the staff that ive spoke to give vague answers.

But im determined to get to the bottom of it!

steeljack 08-08-2008 23:07

I'm still confused by this thread , presumably both buildings are owned by someone , and both buildings have a taxable value (rates/council tax whatever you want to call it ) and these taxes are payable to HBC . So my question is .....if the taxes are being paid , how can the buildings be classed as abondoned ? or , if the taxes are not being paid and money is due , why hasn't HBC put a claim in for a lien to take possesion of the 'abandoned' buildings ?
Another qustion , who (persons or company) was granted planning permission to convert one of the buildings into flats , surely some proof ownership must have been presented during the application ,and HBC must have done a search ino back taxes at this time .
Just curious :confused: :confused:

katex 08-08-2008 23:15

Planning permission has been granted on Cannon Street Baptist Steeljack, but seemingly turned down on the Conservative Club.

The biggest enigma is the similar idiosyncrasies of the text between of Chelmswood/Baxenden .. :confused:

steeljack 08-08-2008 23:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 616731)
Planning permission has been granted on Cannon Street Baptist Steeljack, but seemingly turned down on the Conservative Club.

The biggest enigma is the similarity between the text of Chelmswood/Baxenden .. :confused:

yep , but who was it granted to ? the Baptist Church or a private developer, I've allways understood places of worship dont have to pay property tax but once the place is " decommisioned" that exemption stops and the building just becomes like all other buildings .
If for example the buildings were to 'just' catch on fire who would be responsible for the clean-up , presumably if both building are 'abandoned' they are carrying no insurance , are HBC (local taxpayers) left with footing the bill .
Logic says if that is the case HBC have first dibs on the buildings and to allow them to be taken over by some commercial enterprise for profit is wrong . In fact I would go so far as say its a bit like asset striping or theft from the public purse .

katex 08-08-2008 23:50

This is probably the best link Steeljack, but has been discussed before :-

Controversial church flats plan gets OK - News - Accrington Observer

Was up for sale again.

The last owners that were recorded for the Con. Club was City Pace Ltd .. not sure after that, 'cept what Baxenden is telling us .. ?

BERNADETTE 09-08-2008 03:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baxenden (Post 616717)

Seems to me that yourself and Chelmsford appear to be interested in the same sites. Could it be because you may be able to get vacant possession?? Or is that just me being suspicious?

Baxenden 09-08-2008 11:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 616759)
Seems to me that yourself and Chelmsford appear to be interested in the same sites. Could it be because you may be able to get vacant possession?? Or is that just me being suspicious?

Im not interested in the slightest about putting in any claim or suchlike, i just really want to know what this copany plans to do it and how they have come into possesson of the two premises because someone has obviously given them a key.

Its just a little confusing that no-one from either the council, or the company seems to be aware of exactly what is happening.

garinda 09-08-2008 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baxenden (Post 616863)
Im not interested in the slightest about putting in any claim or suchlike, i just really want to know what this copany plans to do it and how they have come into possesson of the two premises because someone has obviously given them a key.

Its just a little confusing that no-one from either the council, or the company seems to be aware of exactly what is happening.

Why don't you contact the Observer?

I'm sure they could illicit a response from H.B.C., as to why one of Accrington's most famous landmarks appears to be being aquired by stealth from under their very noses.

Sounds newsworthy to me.

Baxenden 09-08-2008 11:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 616876)
Why don't you contact the Observer?

I'm sure they could illicit a response from H.B.C., as to why one of Accrington's most famous landmarks appears to be being aquired by stealth from under their very noses.

Sounds newsworthy to me.

Good Idea. Although im surprised they havent already jumped on the possibility of such a controvertsial story. Ill give them a quick email.

Cheers

katex 09-08-2008 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baxenden (Post 616882)
Good Idea. Although im surprised they havent already jumped on the possibility of such a controvertsial story. Ill give them a quick email.

Cheers

Or contact 'LisaKenyon' (news editor) on here; a member under this name, does ask to let her know if we have any stories that could prove of interest.

g jones 14-08-2008 21:19

what a load of rubbish. The Con Club was sold recently and the Church recently went up for sale. Both have owners. HM whoever have forged Government documents and the the guff about seizing ownership is way off...

The Council know NOTHING about HM or what is happening at either until today. I have arranged the real owner to have a chat with Regen as he has recently submitted a planning application for the Con Club. He did a presentation a couple of weeks back at the local Civic Society as it is Grade 2. I didn't know him before hand it has to be said. Anyway he has informed HM Gov and had a locksmith rechange the locks.

The false notice on the baptist church also had the seizure named address of the Con Club. Pranksters IMO.

The question I have is not only does NO ONE at the Council knows of or has heard anything about HM nor do we have a policy of encouraging seizure, let alone these two buildings. Baxendens
telephone conversations are bogus because planning have ben speaking with the real owners for two weeks. In fact what Baxenden said is pretty much all fraudulent and I can't find a reason for those comments to be made.

g jones 14-08-2008 21:37

The plans are to go from 5 floors to about 11 without increasing the height of the builiding. All commercial lettings. 22,000 sq ft to 63,000 sq ft on the same footprint. Everything demolished except the first 6 metres from the front elevation. Fulll front restoration - iron work mainly. Rear entrance to be near to 100% glass. A large glass atrium going down to the ground floor in the middle of the building. Mezanine floors at the front where it is listed. Gym restaurant in basement. Retail office conference gound, office above. Rooftop cafe/restaurant with panoramic views. Cash in place. Work begins May (they say!) finished Christmas 2011 (18 months).

MargaretR 14-08-2008 21:42

So the sneaky squatters tried it on - really glad they haven't got away with the scam:D
Thanks, Mr Jones, for letting us know

katex 14-08-2008 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 619061)
So the sneaky squatters tried it on - really glad they haven't got away with the scam:D
Thanks, Mr Jones, for letting us know

Think we had sussed these two (or one?) out Margaret, glad we baited Graham onto this thread .. least we know what is happening with the Con now ... ;):D

cashman 14-08-2008 21:58

wonder if baxenden will be back? have me doubts somehow.:D or possibly another name at some point.:rolleyes:

garinda 14-08-2008 23:46

Thanks for clearing that up Graham.

The whole thing stank...almost as much as the last member that posted about land grabbing the quarry...for the public's best interest of course.

garinda 14-08-2008 23:49

I'm sure if anyone has been publishing fraudulent information the police could easily trace someone's I.P. addresss.;)

garinda 15-08-2008 00:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baxenden (Post 615789)
i will be going in on the 15th August. I Will take pictures and post them if anyones interested.

Oh goodie gumdrops, that's today.

Can't wait to see your photographs.

We wait with bated breath.

cashman 15-08-2008 00:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 619090)
Thanks for clearing that up Graham.

The whole thing stank...almost as much as the last member that posted about land grabbing the quarry...for the public's best interest of course.

yeh and the last one our legal eagle jumped in with both feet to help.:D:rolleyes:

cashman 15-08-2008 00:21

the thing that puzzles me, these 2 folk come from nowhere, jump right in on land/property grabbing issues, WHY? would have thought they would serve their purpose better keeping mum. that sure beats me.:confused:

Andym 16-08-2008 13:37

Just seen this now, I've been in contact with someone supposedly from Laxio (who are part of this HR Developments or whatever they're called), about taking some photos inside Cannon St. Church.

They're saying redevelopment will start at the end of september. So are this lot for real or not? Do they own it or not? I've seen the newspaper sotry but not sure what to make of the whole affair now.:confused:

jaysay 16-08-2008 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 619092)
Oh goodie gumdrops, that's today.

Can't wait to see your photographs.

We wait with bated breath.

Looks like Baxenden has disappeared Rindi, or my be he/she is just waiting to have the pics developed:rolleyes:

Accrington Lad 10-12-2012 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by g jones (Post 619056)
The plans are to go from 5 floors to about 11 without increasing the height of the builiding. All commercial lettings. 22,000 sq ft to 63,000 sq ft on the same footprint. Everything demolished except the first 6 metres from the front elevation. Fulll front restoration - iron work mainly. Rear entrance to be near to 100% glass. A large glass atrium going down to the ground floor in the middle of the building. Mezanine floors at the front where it is listed. Gym restaurant in basement. Retail office conference gound, office above. Rooftop cafe/restaurant with panoramic views. Cash in place. Work begins May (they say!) finished Christmas 2011 (18 months).

Do you know what Mr Ifta B is doing with it as it is now Christmas 2012. Cheers G

Accrington Lad 09-11-2014 05:33

3 Attachment(s)
I know it's been a few years since this thread was started but I have a picture that I took a few months ago when I went inside this church. And oddly the HM Joint Ventures Logo is stuck on doors throughout the church as seen on the doors in these photos...

Less 09-11-2014 15:38

Which church? Where? How many churches are decorated with Indian restaurant pink flock wallpaper as in your last pic'????

Accrington Lad 09-11-2014 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1123189)
Which church? Where? How many churches are decorated with Indian restaurant pink flock wallpaper as in your last pic'????

Lol. Those pictures are of inside the baptist church on cannon street.
And I havnt got a clue whwhat was going through their mind when they chose the wallpaper.
but the church is absolutely enormous and consists of lots of rooms upstairs downstairs and in the basement.
what they were all used for I do not know.
But i do know that the church used to be at one time a lot bigger... that's right, BIGGER!!
Both Voodoo Nightclub Club And Opium Nightclub used to be part of the church.

Less 09-11-2014 17:48

Re: Re: Accrington Conservative Club

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1123211)
Lol. Those pictures are of inside the baptist church on cannon street.
And I havnt got a clue whwhat was going through their mind when they chose the wallpaper.
but the church is absolutely enormous and consists of lots of rooms upstairs downstairs and in the basement.
what they were all used for I do not know.
But i do know that the church used to be at one time a lot bigger... that's right, BIGGER!!
Both Voodoo Nightclub Club And Opium Nightclub used to be part of the church.

The church used to be bigger?
Tell me, was it called the tardis?
You ain't as good as doctor who his weird is worth watching.

Accrington Lad 09-11-2014 18:40

Like I said, voodoo and opium used to be part of the church before they separated them with breeze blocks.

Restless 09-11-2014 21:00

Its part of natural selection... the more time goes by the smaller churches become

Atarah 11-11-2014 14:44

Are you sure about what you are saying Sambo. The nightclubs were part of the old SCHOOL, not the church, as far as I am aware.

Atarah 11-11-2014 22:50

Sambo, I should have said the nightclubs were part of Willow Street School

Accyexplorer 12-11-2014 09:03

I believe they were joined at one time (school and the church) but they are blocked up and separated now.

Restless 12-11-2014 18:11

School and church should forever be separated :)

Less 12-11-2014 18:22

Re: Re: Accrington Conservative Club

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1123440)
School and church should forever be separated :)

Are you sure?
That would mean children would only grow up with their parents prejudiced views instead of of being exposed to the full on this is the religion you were born into, now let's put the beggars down full on religious beliefs.

Restless 12-11-2014 18:27

My re lessons consisted of teacher running out of class crying and a nutty woman that played guitar and also ran out crying and my parents though not devout are somewhat believers and forced me for a while to goto Sunday school of which I enjoyed only for the sweets bleh

Morecambe Ex Pat 12-11-2014 18:50

Starting at the Children's library on Willow Street, the first building was the school which became the Berkley and then later turned into Opium, Voodoo etc. That burned down. What condition is that building in now?

Further along Willow Street was Lar de Dars up to Eagle Street. Up Eagle Street was the Arts Club (up the steps). The building on the corner of Cannon Street and Eagle Street was something to do with the Church at one time but not sure if it was accessible from the Church building.

Restless 12-11-2014 20:13

lardedars etc is now flats

Accyexplorer 13-11-2014 02:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1123169)
I know it's been a few years since this thread was started but I have a picture that I took a few months ago when I went inside this church. And oddly the HM Joint Ventures Logo is stuck on doors throughout the church as seen on the doors in these photos...

Was you part of this exploring party?
Report - Canon Street Baptist Church - Accrington (Aug 2014)

Here is a report on the con club.
http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/...ght=Accrington

Restless 13-11-2014 06:34

No he just wanders in dangerous buildings by himself

Morecambe Ex Pat 13-11-2014 07:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1123452)
lardedars etc is now flats

Are there flats all the way along Willow Street?

I regularly worked at the Con club in a former life and was involved with Lar de Dars and the Berkley, when they were converted and then when they were operating and find it sad that another chunk of my history has disappeared.

The rear steps, the fire damaged ones on the urban explorer site, used to be used to get equipment up to the function rooms and ballroom. Most people never knew they existed but access was much easier that way than the main stone steps at the front.

maxthecollie 13-11-2014 08:02

My mother worked at the Con Club in its heyday. She use to work in the cloakrooms taking coats and giving tickets so you could pick up your coat on the way out.

Accyexplorer 13-11-2014 09:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morecambe Ex Pat (Post 1123478)
Are there flats all the way along Willow Street?

I regularly worked at the Con club in a former life and was involved with Lar de Dars and the Berkley, when they were converted and then when they were operating and find it sad that another chunk of my history has disappeared.

The rear steps, the fire damaged ones on the urban explorer site, used to be used to get equipment up to the function rooms and ballroom. Most people never knew they existed but access was much easier that way than the main stone steps at the front.

The flats are only where lardy's nightclub was,not sure what the old school is nowadays I think they had a fire and its being renovated.

As for the con club,the fire damaged stairs are very hazardous (as is much of the inside due to arson attacks) the ballroom still has its wonderful ceiling but for how long is anyone's guess.

Accrington Lad 16-11-2014 11:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1123467)

Yes Accy Explorer me and my friend were there at the time and we positioned that basketball in that spot so they could get a photo.

Accrington Lad 16-11-2014 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atarah (Post 1123340)
Are you sure about what you are saying Sambo. The nightclubs were part of the old SCHOOL, not the church, as far as I am aware.

Yes I am sure Atarah. :)
Inside the Church where the toilets are there is a doorway that has been blocked up and it has been beaten up with a pick axe (There is a pick axe on the floor next to the doorway) and God :D knows what other tools.
And right in the middle of this beaten bricked up doorway is a tiny hole that someone managed to make and you can see right through into the empty, eerie, dusty Opium Nightclub.
Unfortunately though the hole is too small for the camera lens to see through so no pictures.
:(

Accrington Lad 16-11-2014 11:43

And the stairs havn't been on fire.
They are just very badly water damaged which has caused them to collapse.
There are only 2 signs of fire in this building and only 2 news reports of arson.
One in the cocktail bar downstairs and one on the middle floor between Rory's Bedroom and the rear function room.

Accyexplorer 16-11-2014 12:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1123822)
Yes Accy Explorer me and my friend were there at the time and we positioned that basketball in that spot so they could get a photo.

Nice one,I know a lad who explored both the church and the con club, I think he recorded it too, I'll email him after and see if he's still got the footage.
Did you go up that (dangerous) ladder into the belfry?

-----------------------------

I prefer to not even leave my footprints ;)

Accrington Lad 16-11-2014 13:01

Did I hell as like!
I have got a little bit of intelligence ;)
That bell tower floor is NOT safe.
And yeah I have seen that video of the con club being explored.
I know Churchills like the back of my hand. I used to be good friends with the owner a couple of years back and used to help him board up the windows.
Those were the good ol' days.

cashman 16-11-2014 14:10

More than yer mate accyex in my view.:D