Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Yate's Wine Lodge Blackburn (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/yates-wine-lodge-blackburn-42672.html)

JEFF 17-09-2008 16:11

Yate's Wine Lodge Blackburn

Can anybody tell me the name of the street that the original Yate's Wine Lodge was on in Blackburn

AccyLass 17-09-2008 16:18

Re: Yate's Wine Lodge Blackburn

It seems to have been on somet called Barbary Coast?
Dunno if thats a st name or just a stretch of pubs.... but....

Here:

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ast-18175.html

steeljack 17-09-2008 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEFF (Post 632003)
Can anybody tell me the name of the street that the original Yate's Wine Lodge was on in Blackburn

I'm thinking it was Market St. Ran between Northgate and King William St.
Ribblesdale pub opposite at one end and the old Market Hall at the other

flashy 17-09-2008 21:12

Church Street

Lilly 17-09-2008 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 632134)
Church Street

I thought it was Church Street too, Flashy.

steeljack 17-09-2008 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 632134)
Church Street

Flashy, that was the new/2nd location they moved there after the shopping center was built , rubbish compared to the original , ;)

I'm going back to the early 70s

forceten 17-09-2008 21:25

Lord St?

Ran between the chippy and old tsb bankl?

flashy 17-09-2008 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeljack (Post 632139)
Flashy, that was the new/2nd location they moved there after the shopping center was built , rubbish compared to the original , ;)

I'm going back to the early 70s

ohhhhhhhhhh, i wasnt born then :D

cashman 17-09-2008 21:44

yer talking the sawdust on the floor days, ferget the street name, but the "Sun" thwaites house was just above n the "Swan" duttons house just above that on the corner, if any of those pubs are still standing- thats yer street! street names where useless after a few white wines.:D;)

steeljack 17-09-2008 22:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 632169)
yer talking the sawdust on the floor days, ferget the street name, but the "Sun" thwaites house was just above n the "Swan" duttons house just above that on the corner, if any of those pubs are still standing- thats yer street! street names where useless after a few white wines.:D;)

Cashy, I've got it in my mind it was on a street over from the Sun and Swan , Johnny Forbes sports shop on one end (Northgate) and Burtons at the other end (King William St. ). Got to nearly 40 years since I was last in , so the mind might be playing tricks :eek: ;)

cashman 17-09-2008 22:14

was just a couple of doors below the "Sun" on the same street/road, defo, was well trashed in those days, but remember going in when i was ejected from the "Sun" one night, n ya had to be real classy to get chucked out of there.:D

steeljack 17-09-2008 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by forceten (Post 632145)
Lord St?

Ran between the chippy and old tsb bankl?

Forceten , you were right Lord st ..This Is Lancashire - Mystery of old Yates's Wine Lodge

MargaretR 17-09-2008 22:34

I remember a shopping arcade Victorian style where my mum once bought me a hat. It was near a large cobbled open market area where my uncle had a stall selling army surplus stuff.
It is difficult to think where on the map it was -somewhere under the now demolished Arndale is the best I can do.

Royboy39 17-09-2008 22:51

The TSB bank is on Lord Street.....The NALGO Club was on the corner leading onto Cardwell Place.....Haworth and Nutall solicitors is facing the TSB but I cannot for the life of me recall Yates's on that stretch?

cashman 17-09-2008 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 632216)
The TSB bank is on Lord Street.....The NALGO Club was on the corner leading onto Cardwell Place.....Haworth and Nutall solicitors is facing the TSB but I cannot for the life of me recall Yates's on that stretch?

i'm useless with streets, but i sure as hell know where yates was.:confused: