Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Does anyone still shop at Accrington Market?.. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/does-anyone-still-shop-at-accrington-market-43194.html)

Dialynne 11-10-2008 23:45

Does anyone still shop at Accrington Market?..

Just wondering if anyone still shops at the market in Accrington and if not why?

shillelagh 12-10-2008 02:19

Re: Does anyone still shop at Accrington Market?..

Yes

Mick 12-10-2008 04:33

Yes i do , i always try and support local shops,market stalls

Neil 12-10-2008 07:37

I don't sorry. I find it to be too far from Asda. Maybe if they moved it closer I might start.

mrskitty 12-10-2008 08:19

I still do for bits and bobs, but a few experiences i have had just lately have put me off :(

Neil 12-10-2008 08:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrskitty (Post 640481)
I still do for bits and bobs, but a few experiences i have had just lately have put me off :(

Do tell us more

mrskitty 12-10-2008 08:28

Went to my usual butcher in there to find him coughing over the meat whilst describing to his friend how ill he was (no details spared) and handling all the food with blood in his fingernails (i dont just mean under the tip-ALL around his nails) and handling money/wiping his face just before serving the next customer (he picks the meat up with his hands now).
Although i didn't spend alot there, i did spend at least £6 a week that he is now losing out on due to his standards dropping :(

entwisi 12-10-2008 08:50

Posted via Mobile Device
I buy meat veg most weeks. Sometimes fish and household stuff. Julie buys some clothes and of course siobhan has a weekly sweetie stall session. I also shop at tesco and aldi depending on mood etc

Less 12-10-2008 08:58

My personal shopper beats his way through the crowds and picks up the odd few items that I require from there, otherwise I do all my shopping at ASDA when the doors are closed to the public.

http://www.camcycle.org.uk/newslette...mages/swag.gif

jaysay 12-10-2008 09:11

I have always got my meat from Accy Maket, and my daughter still does, and now gets her own from there as well, I also get any fish from the fish market

flashy 12-10-2008 10:56

i buy my sausages from accy market, cant say that i ever really buy anything else from there though, i never go when its market day because the stalls outside are just pathetic, i have a nosey at the flea market on a Thursday but even that is going downhill

cashman 12-10-2008 11:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrskitty (Post 640488)
Went to my usual butcher in there to find him coughing over the meat whilst describing to his friend how ill he was (no details spared) and handling all the food with blood in his fingernails (i dont just mean under the tip-ALL around his nails) and handling money/wiping his face just before serving the next customer (he picks the meat up with his hands now).
Although i didn't spend alot there, i did spend at least £6 a week that he is now losing out on due to his standards dropping :(

did ya not say summat?:confused: i still get stuff from accy market, though not meat, i go up ossy fer that.

katex 12-10-2008 11:30

Bought a feather duster the other week to reach those spiders' webs in the corners.

wadey 12-10-2008 14:01

Use it or loose it.

emamum 12-10-2008 14:04

I get my meat from the inside market, its better and cheaper than asda and we like the massive cumberland sausage and i get 2 big pieces of chicken breast for £1.99 and we like the sweetshop as well and i'm getting my pram from the babyshop in the market...

I buy my fruit and veg,cheese and fish from the outside market