Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Christmas Dinner (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/christmas-dinner-44270.html)

emamum 06-12-2008 10:09

Re: Christmas Dinner

i go to my mums.. we have a bug meal at dinner time prepared by my mum then a big buffet for tea which i do.. I can cook a christmas dinner but theres not much point for just me and ty.

Lilly 06-12-2008 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by emamum (Post 657745)
we have a bug meal at dinner time

Is that like being on I'm a celebrity get me out of here? :rolleyes::D

Do you eat cockroaches, stick insects and the like?

I suppose it makes a change from the usual. :D

Ber999T 07-12-2008 06:36

Not to sure what we are doing this year as I'm on nights Xmas Eve (will have to keep out of sight if I hear Santa) and Xmas Day. Might see about a small roast or something like that and slow cook it while in bed LOL

Less 07-12-2008 08:41

As usual I shall be dining out on Christmas day, not sure of the venue yet, (don't know which pubs will be open), my main course will be a packet of whatever flavour crisps they have behind the bar with all the trimmings (lot's of foaming beer).

I may even treat myself to one of those little packets of cheese 'N' crackers just to end the meal with, I do love a well matured cheese spread.

jaysay 07-12-2008 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 657990)
As usual I shall be dining out on Christmas day, not sure of the venue yet, (don't know which pubs will be open), my main course will be a packet of whatever flavour crisps they have behind the bar with all the trimmings (lot's of foaming beer).

I may even treat myself to one of those little packets of cheese 'N' crackers just to end the meal with, I do love a well matured cheese spread.

Go on Less seeing its Christmas treat yourself to a packet of pork scratchings too:D

Less 07-12-2008 11:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 657998)
Go on Less seeing its Christmas treat yourself to a packet of pork scratchings too:D

Meat on a Thursday? I'm not made of money you know!

jelly baby 07-12-2008 14:31

I have always cooked xmas dinner for the family for the past 33 years, but last year we went out for the first time to the Spread Eagle at Mellor. IMO it was very poor value for money. I opted for the traditional Xmas dinner. Starters was a bowl of pumpkin soup, (the bowl being the size of a small bucket). Main course of Turkey, we had to ask for stuffings, cranberry sauce and gravy as they weren't on the table, dessert was xmas pud which was ok.
I think they took too many covers (around 170, I believe) and gave us the bucket of soup to fill us up as the portions of turkey etc were quite small. It cost £43 for this, there were 10 of us.

This year it is £58, needless to say I will be cooking.

BTW, we are paying £50 for a 5 course at Northcote Manor on 28th, so I can't see how a pub can justify £58 for xmas lunch.

Benipete 07-12-2008 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by jelly baby (Post 658046)
I have always cooked xmas dinner for the family for the past 33 years, but last year we went out for the first time to the Spread Eagle at Mellor. IMO it was very poor value for money. I opted for the traditional Xmas dinner. Starters was a bowl of pumpkin soup, (the bowl being the size of a small bucket). Main course of Turkey, we had to ask for stuffings, cranberry sauce and gravy as they weren't on the table, dessert was xmas pud which was ok.
I think they took too many covers (around 170, I believe) and gave us the bucket of soup to fill us up as the portions of turkey etc were quite small. It cost £43 for this, there were 10 of us.

This year it is £58, needless to say I will be cooking.

BTW, we are paying £50 for a 5 course at Northcote Manor on 28th, so I can't see how a pub can justify £58 for xmas lunch.

£4-30 a head sounds cheap:D

Eric 08-12-2008 07:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benipete (Post 658168)
£4-30 a head sounds cheap:D

It does ... I went out with a friend at Thanksgiving and it cost about $50 for the two of us:eek: But the meal was great:theband:

jaysay 08-12-2008 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 658031)
Meat on a Thursday? I'm not made of money you know!

Meat on Thursday Less, its not some sort of religious thing is it :D