Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   New Year........... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/new-year-44686.html)

pipinfort 31-12-2008 10:31

New Year...........

What are Accywebbers doing tonight........? As its the first time we have been offered babysitting services for 5 years we are off to manchester later this afternoon to push the boat out............cocktails at Cloud 23 (top of Hilton Hotel) slap up meal at Dimitri`s greek taverna just accross the road then a few drinks down Deansgate, aiming to be back at home with the kids to see in the New Year though, hence the early start.......Happy Days.......(and no doubt i`ll be dragged in a few shops along the way)

SPUGGIE J 31-12-2008 10:50

Re: New Year...........

Staying in and on my Doctors advice avoiding the bevvy. It will be the first time in the 18 years I have lived up here that I will be at home and sober on Hogmany.

jaysay 31-12-2008 10:55

Well I'm siting down to a nice meal, cool bottle of white wine followed by liquor's and coffee and mints, then at midnight a nice fireworks display, all at Mallard Place. For the Fireworks, we just pop in the kitchen close the door keep the lights of and open the curtains and watch the sky's light up all over Ossy, and we don't have to put up with drunken idiots making a clown of themselves, plus its nice and warm too, sorted:rolleyes:

emzy 31-12-2008 10:56

I will be going out for a couple of hours, have a sitter available so might as well make the most of it. It'll be a sober one but should be fun (Dont like drinking knowing ive to get up early with the boys, twins and a hangover dont mix)

cashman 31-12-2008 11:16

staying in due to the dreaded lurgy.:(

MargaretR 31-12-2008 11:18

I am trying to normalise my sleep pattern - to 7 or 8 hours in one lump at night, so I had plans to be in bed.
Doh! - forgot about the fireworks - will have to nap this afternoon instead and start trying to be 'normal' again in 2009

harwood red 31-12-2008 11:19

New year has never been a night that I have gone out, always enjoyed bringing the new year in with my two boys...this year they are both at two different parties... but I still don't fancy going out as it will be pure madness just trying to get a drink!!

I could also work as I know they need all the staff they can get but don't want to be knackered for New years day as have a special meal during the day followed by a special evening :)

So I think I will join my best friend down the road, have a few bevvies but not too much so I know when my lads are home

MargaretR 31-12-2008 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 664543)
staying in due to the dreaded lurgy.:(

Poor Cashy - is that flu?, manflu?, a cold? or a vaccine reaction?

cashman 31-12-2008 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 664546)
Poor Cashy - is that flu?, manflu?, a cold? or a vaccine reaction?

not sure, aint flu but cold or vaccine reaction, who knows.:confused:

magpie 31-12-2008 12:04

Party at home.... much better than the pub these days...... I think lots will be doing the same :-)

However HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all keep safe whatever you do:

if out and about its gonna be a cold one , so wrap up warm and keep from harm:

lancsdave 31-12-2008 13:14

We stop in with the kids, get a few party snacks etc, then at midnight watch all the fireworks from the front door. The advantage of living on top of the mountain is you can see for miles :D

Sara 31-12-2008 14:57

Going Whittakers, Burnley Road tonight. Hope all have a nice evening and manage to stay warm whatever you do. May you all have a happy and prosperous 2009.

BERNADETTE 31-12-2008 15:00

Was supposed to be going to a party but not feeling to good. So will get my new pjs on later and stay in where it is warm:) Hope you all have a good night whatever you decide to do and all the very best for "2009"

flashy 31-12-2008 15:39

got mi PJ's on now and i'll be asleep when the bells strike, feeling like crap at the moment

emamum 31-12-2008 15:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 664631)
got mi PJ's on now and i'll be asleep when the bells strike, feeling like crap at the moment

have you got the lovely bug thats going round??

im not doin owt, was gunna go to my mums but not doing now..... might snuggle up on the setee with ty and watch dvds