Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-12-2008, 10:31   #1
God Member

New Year...........

What are Accywebbers doing tonight........? As its the first time we have been offered babysitting services for 5 years we are off to manchester later this afternoon to push the boat out............cocktails at Cloud 23 (top of Hilton Hotel) slap up meal at Dimitri`s greek taverna just accross the road then a few drinks down Deansgate, aiming to be back at home with the kids to see in the New Year though, hence the early start.......Happy Days.......(and no doubt i`ll be dragged in a few shops along the way)

Last edited by pipinfort; 31-12-2008 at 10:35. Reason: poor spelling!!!!
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-12-2008, 10:50   #2
God Member

Re: New Year...........

Staying in and on my Doctors advice avoiding the bevvy. It will be the first time in the 18 years I have lived up here that I will be at home and sober on Hogmany.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008, 10:55   #3
Resting in Peace

Well I'm siting down to a nice meal, cool bottle of white wine followed by liquor's and coffee and mints, then at midnight a nice fireworks display, all at Mallard Place. For the Fireworks, we just pop in the kitchen close the door keep the lights of and open the curtains and watch the sky's light up all over Ossy, and we don't have to put up with drunken idiots making a clown of themselves, plus its nice and warm too, sorted
Old 31-12-2008, 10:56   #4
Senior Member+

I will be going out for a couple of hours, have a sitter available so might as well make the most of it. It'll be a sober one but should be fun (Dont like drinking knowing ive to get up early with the boys, twins and a hangover dont mix)
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008, 11:16   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

staying in due to the dreaded lurgy.
Old 31-12-2008, 11:18   #6
God Member

I am trying to normalise my sleep pattern - to 7 or 8 hours in one lump at night, so I had plans to be in bed.
Doh! - forgot about the fireworks - will have to nap this afternoon instead and start trying to be 'normal' again in 2009

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008, 11:19   #7
God Member

New year has never been a night that I have gone out, always enjoyed bringing the new year in with my two boys...this year they are both at two different parties... but I still don't fancy going out as it will be pure madness just trying to get a drink!!

I could also work as I know they need all the staff they can get but don't want to be knackered for New years day as have a special meal during the day followed by a special evening

So I think I will join my best friend down the road, have a few bevvies but not too much so I know when my lads are home

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008, 11:21   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
staying in due to the dreaded lurgy.
Poor Cashy - is that flu?, manflu?, a cold? or a vaccine reaction?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008, 11:51   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Poor Cashy - is that flu?, manflu?, a cold? or a vaccine reaction?
not sure, aint flu but cold or vaccine reaction, who knows.
Old 31-12-2008, 12:04   #10
Resting in Peace

Party at home.... much better than the pub these days...... I think lots will be doing the same :-)

However HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all keep safe whatever you do:

if out and about its gonna be a cold one , so wrap up warm and keep from harm:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008, 13:14   #11
God Member

We stop in with the kids, get a few party snacks etc, then at midnight watch all the fireworks from the front door. The advantage of living on top of the mountain is you can see for miles
Old 31-12-2008, 14:57   #12

Going Whittakers, Burnley Road tonight. Hope all have a nice evening and manage to stay warm whatever you do. May you all have a happy and prosperous 2009.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008, 15:00   #13
God Member

Was supposed to be going to a party but not feeling to good. So will get my new pjs on later and stay in where it is warm Hope you all have a good night whatever you decide to do and all the very best for "2009"
Old 31-12-2008, 15:39   #14
God Member

got mi PJ's on now and i'll be asleep when the bells strike, feeling like crap at the moment
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008, 15:41   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
got mi PJ's on now and i'll be asleep when the bells strike, feeling like crap at the moment
have you got the lovely bug thats going round??

im not doin owt, was gunna go to my mums but not doing now..... might snuggle up on the setee with ty and watch dvds

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..