Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Things to do in Accrington (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/things-to-do-in-accrington-44908.html)

laura17 12-01-2009 11:48

Things to do in Accrington

I'm new to this website (incase I do something wrong) I would like to know if there is any activities for children to do at weekends or after school (preferably cheap or free.) Some schools and nurseries do craft sessions now and again, but I never know where to find out about these things. Could anyone help me? Thanks.

emzy 12-01-2009 15:43

Re: Things to do in Accrington

Depending on the age of your child/ren you can try the sure start centres, they often have things for the younger ones, as for the older kids im not sure, mine havent reached that age yet

jaysay 12-01-2009 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by laura17 (Post 668474)
I'm new to this website (incase I do something wrong) I would like to know if there is any activities for children to do at weekends or after school (preferably cheap or free.) Some schools and nurseries do craft sessions now and again, but I never know where to find out about these things. Could anyone help me? Thanks.

Are you asking for yourself laura or your own kids:confused:

flashy 12-01-2009 16:22

she is 27 Jay, i'm presuming its for her kids :Dlol

Laura, you could try the brownies, cubs, scouts, martial arts, parks, cinema, bowling, they sometimes have things on at the library...all depending on how old the kids are :D

Caz 12-01-2009 16:47

Boys' or Girls' Brigades are good. My youngest 2 went from 9 onwards, but they start at 4 or 5, can't remember. They get to do alsorts, learn skills, loads of activities. They went bowling, swimming, badminton. Had various trips, and enter lots of inter group competitions.

Still have one in Church, at Ernest St, which is well attended. Ossy has one, and Rishton too as far as I know

entwisi 12-01-2009 17:13

Posted via Mobile Device
Fair field childrens centre do craft mornings some weekends. Give them a call for details.

buttonsmum 12-01-2009 18:16

Haworth Art Gallery do craft sessions for children, not sure what ages for though.

jaysay 13-01-2009 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 668543)
she is 27 Jay, i'm presuming its for her kids :Dlol

Laura, you could try the brownies, cubs, scouts, martial arts, parks, cinema, bowling, they sometimes have things on at the library...all depending on how old the kids are :D

Well I didn't know did I flashy, just sounded like she was asking for herself to me, but hey 'm a bloke:D

flashy 13-01-2009 13:04

lol Jay, i take it you dont read all the posts on accyweb then? she said it when she introduced herself :D;)

magpie 13-01-2009 15:35

If you ask the children... they say there is nothing to do: of course they are totally wrong.... there's lots of stuff going on:

jaysay 13-01-2009 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 668816)
lol Jay, i take it you dont read all the posts on accyweb then? she said it when she introduced herself :D;)

Shaz I know I don't get out much but I do have some sort of life:D

flashy 13-01-2009 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 668890)
Shaz I know I don't get out much but I do have some sort of life:D

ok ok i believe ya ;)