Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2009, 11:48   #1

Things to do in Accrington

I'm new to this website (incase I do something wrong) I would like to know if there is any activities for children to do at weekends or after school (preferably cheap or free.) Some schools and nurseries do craft sessions now and again, but I never know where to find out about these things. Could anyone help me? Thanks.
laura17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-01-2009, 15:43   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Things to do in Accrington

Depending on the age of your child/ren you can try the sure start centres, they often have things for the younger ones, as for the older kids im not sure, mine havent reached that age yet
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 16:18   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura17 View Post
I'm new to this website (incase I do something wrong) I would like to know if there is any activities for children to do at weekends or after school (preferably cheap or free.) Some schools and nurseries do craft sessions now and again, but I never know where to find out about these things. Could anyone help me? Thanks.
Are you asking for yourself laura or your own kids
Old 12-01-2009, 16:22   #4
God Member

she is 27 Jay, i'm presuming its for her kids lol

Laura, you could try the brownies, cubs, scouts, martial arts, parks, cinema, bowling, they sometimes have things on at the library...all depending on how old the kids are
Old 12-01-2009, 16:47   #5
Caz
God Member

Boys' or Girls' Brigades are good. My youngest 2 went from 9 onwards, but they start at 4 or 5, can't remember. They get to do alsorts, learn skills, loads of activities. They went bowling, swimming, badminton. Had various trips, and enter lots of inter group competitions.

Still have one in Church, at Ernest St, which is well attended. Ossy has one, and Rishton too as far as I know

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 17:13   #6
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device
Fair field childrens centre do craft mornings some weekends. Give them a call for details.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 18:16   #7
Senior Member+

Haworth Art Gallery do craft sessions for children, not sure what ages for though.

buttonsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 11:15   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
she is 27 Jay, i'm presuming its for her kids lol

Laura, you could try the brownies, cubs, scouts, martial arts, parks, cinema, bowling, they sometimes have things on at the library...all depending on how old the kids are
Well I didn't know did I flashy, just sounded like she was asking for herself to me, but hey 'm a bloke
Old 13-01-2009, 13:04   #9
God Member

lol Jay, i take it you dont read all the posts on accyweb then? she said it when she introduced herself
Old 13-01-2009, 15:35   #10
Resting in Peace

If you ask the children... they say there is nothing to do: of course they are totally wrong.... there's lots of stuff going on:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 16:41   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
lol Jay, i take it you dont read all the posts on accyweb then? she said it when she introduced herself
Shaz I know I don't get out much but I do have some sort of life
Old 13-01-2009, 16:43   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Shaz I know I don't get out much but I do have some sort of life

ok ok i believe ya

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..