Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   indigestion (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/indigestion-45445.html)

emamum 09-02-2009 10:26

indigestion

anyone know of anything that actually works?

milk and bread doesnt help, gaviscon doesnt last long and its getting really bad now and stopping me from sleeping :(

no matter what i eat ive still got it

and yeah i know having a baby will probably get rid of it, before anyone (probably Neil) says that :p

flashy 09-02-2009 11:00

Re: indigestion

i dont know if you can take it during pregnancy but ANDREWS helps me

i take Rennies sometimes too

K.S.H 09-02-2009 11:57

don't eat, that usually does the trick :-)
Posted via Mobile Device

emamum 09-02-2009 11:58

lol, thanks KSH... i tried rennies but they dont help either :(

MargaretR 09-02-2009 12:32

Bicarbonate of soda - 1 teaspoon mixed in a cup of water - it is safe
Sodium bicarbonate
it is alkali to neutralise acid
most grocers sell it

Margaret Pilkington 09-02-2009 12:33

Ginger is good for relieving indigestion......the glace kind that you put in cakes...just suck it until it loses its flavour.......if you don't like ginger, then try peppermint tea...that sometimes works.
At least you know that you haven't long to put up with the indigestion.

emamum 09-02-2009 12:33

thanks Margaret and margaret lol, will go get some when i pick boyo up.. i have ginger tea left over from morning sickness, might give that a try

jaysay 09-02-2009 16:13

Peppermint cordial works for me usually, but do use Rennies if it persists

Taggy 09-02-2009 17:17

Try Zantac, always gets rid of mine....till the next 10 Pints and Curry!;)

Best Regards - Taggy

panther 09-02-2009 18:00

Avoid putting extra pressure on your stomach while it's digesting... sit up straight, wear loose, comfortable clothing, wait at least an hour after meals before lying down, and try to bend at your knees instead of from your waist. ;)

apart from that, the only other solution is getting the baby out!, but thats a no no...lol

MargaretR 09-02-2009 18:20

Gaviscon ingredients-
Gaviscon - Double Action Liquid - (300ml)
'sodium alginate' - a thickener derived from gum arabic
'sodium bicarbonate' - bicarbonate of soda, as used in cleaning and baking
'calcium carbonate' - chalk

An expensive combo from a chemist when a little drum of bicarb from a grocer does just the same

emamum 09-02-2009 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by panther (Post 677739)
Avoid putting extra pressure on your stomach while it's digesting... sit up straight, wear loose, comfortable clothing, wait at least an hour after meals before lying down, and try to bend at your knees instead of from your waist. ;)

apart from that, the only other solution is getting the baby out!, but thats a no no...lol

thats not happening...guess when she likes to kick me :rolleyes: and all i can say to bending at the waist is....HA!! what waist ??

baby has to stay where she is til a week on thursday because my midwife is on holiday but officially she can come from monday (yaaaay full term :D )

emamum 09-02-2009 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 677748)
Gaviscon ingredients-
Gaviscon - Double Action Liquid - (300ml)
'sodium alginate' - a thickener derived from gum arabic
'sodium bicarbonate' - bicarbonate of soda, as used in cleaning and baking
'calcium carbonate' - chalk

An expensive combo from a chemist when a little drum of bicarb from a grocer does just the same

The dr gave me a massive bottle of gaviscon and some anti-sickness tablets that i wont be taking

will pick up some bicarb tomorrow. had a massive kitchen cupboard clean out yesterday and chucked everything open which is typical lol, if the bicarb does the job then i would prefer it over the gaviscon.

MargaretR 09-02-2009 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by emamum (Post 677752)
The dr gave me a massive bottle of gaviscon and some anti-sickness tablets that i wont be taking

will pick up some bicarb tomorrow. had a massive kitchen cupboard clean out yesterday and chucked everything open which is typical lol, if the bicarb does the job then i would prefer it over the gaviscon.

Since you got the Gaviscon free on prescription you may as well use it.
The thickener will make it more palatable than bicarb alone
I posted that info for people who pay for prescriptions or who buy from chemists

emamum 09-02-2009 18:37

i tried to buy some before but the chemists wouldnt let me, felt a bit stupid going to the dr's for it